Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

We'll be celebrating the 4th tomorrow with family and friends over for burgers and hot dogs on the grill.
This evening I might try this new purchase (the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey) and see how it goes with Peanuts!
LRRNgV4.jpg

Last edited:
Friends are over for the holiday. I got beer for them and it made a great pic.

View attachment 937699

That IS a great pic :thumbsup:

We'll be celebrating the 4th tomorrow with family and friends over for burgers and hot dogs on the grill.
This evening I might try this new purchase (the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey) and see how it goes with Peanuts!
LRRNgV4.jpg

Lovely Peanut Gary :thumbsup:

Have a great holiday guys :) :thumbsup:

Try telling that to the grumpy old codger whose wall you just climbed and ate all the strawberries, then played hand grenades with his apples because they were too green to eat...this has made me think of my childhood in Nottingham and wonder how I made it past the age of 7.
It was a very different world back then.

Try telling that to the grumpy old codger whose wall you just climbed and ate all the strawberries, then played hand grenades with his apples because they were too green to eat...this has made me think of my childhood in Nottingham and wonder how I made it past the age of 7.
It was a very different world back then.

LOL! Nah, he wouldn't have caught me in those days! :D :thumbsup:

When I first started work, I remember an old feller telling me how when they were kids, they would sneak into the fields and milk the cows! :D :thumbsup:

Sorry guys, I've searched and searched, but there's no bourbon in the house! :eek: ;) Cheers anyway :) :thumbsup:

2018 Horn Guardians Lambsfoot 1-2.JPG

Thanks for the reminder.
No worries Jer.
The cry of Wilkes and Liberty was heard in England at the time of the revolution.
It's interesting that there was a lot of support for American independence and republicanism from the masses.
John Wilkes was a politician and a friend of Franklin.
His revolutionary leanings and pamphlets were despised by the King and the other maniacs who controlled the British Empire and navy such as Sandwich and Bute.
These men were members of the Hellfire Club (interesting reading).
England's short lived attempt at removing the crown occurred a century or so earlier with Cromwell. The mood was such that things might have been very different and rather than losing control of the Americas it might have formed part of the theoretical British republic.
John Wilkes himself gave his name to Wilkesborough and many people named their children after him most infamously John Wilkes Booth.....whom I'm sure you've all heard of.
He was also noted for being a rival of Casanova in the bedroom. Although a physically unattractive man his skill with words and his charisma could charm the pants off any wench he chose.
Casanova apparently stated that he would need a 10 minute headstart from Wilkes.

Wondering if I should do giveaway in this thread for most preposterously named beer.
Let's face it ...the trend seems to have gone from "name of brewery ""type of beer"
E.g. "Badgerspears""Dark Ale"
To "Hipsters Nightmare" in a tsunami of fruity flavoured froth.
When did this start?
Beer is beer ...but some beers are more equal than others.
Meako ? What has prompted this latest lunacy from you??
Well I'll be honest....it was Funky Buddha.
Who's shout?

20180701_155703.jpg

Wayward pale ale with oats.
Weird huh?
But be warned .once the growler is opened it must be finished. But then it may be taken and refilled....locally.
This one a souvenir of my bus driving trip to to Sydney to the Wallabies getting flogged by Ireland.

That's a cool looking growler, meako! I always thought having to finish it once you opened it was the main advantage of the growler (particularly when explaining to the wife why you were pouring another beer). :D

Thanks Cambertree
Mabye it's time to introduce our overseas chums to the concept of the RSL Meat Raffle.
20180701_184058.jpg

This tray cost me 10AUD.
Bargain or what?
That's some good quality meat.
The Countess and I have won three in the last 5 weeks. That's once a week to the club 20bux of tickets between us.
I tell ya guys..it's good feeling when the Wizards knife all the the way from Leeds
turns a chop into waffer thin slices for stirfry.
Awesome.

Meat raffles are popular here in Minnesota (usually held at local bars), but I'd never heard of the concept before moving here.

LOL! :D Well I bumped into a bloke from Phoenix the other day, here on his holidays, and he was disappointed it wasn't raining! :confused: Highest temperature recorded yesterday was 99.3F, and that was expected to be beaten today :thumbsup:

UK-weather-warning-hot-Met-Office-979258.jpg

Jack, that was me last summer!! :D I bought a new rain jacket for the trip (living in Arizona, I hadn't really needed one for several years) and only wore it once. It rained briefly the evening we first arrived in Bath, but after that it was sunny and warm for our entire trip... quite a disappointment. ;) :D

Jack, that was me last summer!! :D I bought a new rain jacket for the trip (living in Arizona, I hadn't really needed one for several years) and only wore it once. It rained briefly the evening we first arrived in Bath, but after that it was sunny and warm for our entire trip... quite a disappointment. ;) :D

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Hope y'all had a good 4th July. I'd hoped to post a few more pics yesterday, but an old friend who was supposed to be visiting next week decided to turned up yesterday instead, which kind of turned things upside down. I'll be back soon hopefully :thumbsup:

July 4th 2.JPG

Back