Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

CAKg7PC.jpg

Thanks, JB! You sure are a Lucky Jack to have that lambfoot! Is that stag a handful? And I have to ask: how is the Norwegian American Pale Ale?

Thanks Shawn :D :thumbsup: The stag is great, it's actually the smallest of the Lambsfoot patterns that Wright's do, but it handles really nicely :) With that name, I had to try the Norwegian American Pale Ale (actually I didn't notice it was Norwegian until I got home)! :D It was OK, but really nothing special. I don't think the folks at Nogne have anything to worry about! :rolleyes: This 'American Brown Ale' from a Brewery just half a mile away from me is much more enjoyable :) :thumbsup:

2018 Ancient 4-4.JPG

AW Small Sambar LF (2) 4-8.JPG

Thank you Jack. And let me say the article was very enjoyable. :) Thank you for that too.

The "standard" Duvel is, in my opinion, one of the finest beers in the world. I enjoy IPAs and Stouts and Sours and all that stuff, but at the end of the day, I still give props to Belgians and Germans for absolutely dominating what beers "should" taste like. Strong Pales (Like Duvel), Dubbles, Hefes, Saisons, etc: my palate always goes back to the "old standbys", which often get labelled as "boring".

I say all of this to ask: how is the Tripel Hop? I have not seen it locally, but I haven't been looking for it, either. As good as Duvel is, I would certainly give it the benefit of the doubt.

That Duvel is one my recent favorites!

I've not seen that yet Greg, I might go out hunting for a bottle this afternoon :) Cool wee tankard my friend :) :thumbsup:

Duvel is one of my favorites as well. I don't drink it that often, but when I do, I always appreciate what a fantastic brew it is.

The tripel hop is quite good. I found it in a gift set with the glass I showed, two bottles of standard Duvel and two bottles of the tripel hop. I'd have to refresh my memory on the taste of standard before saying which I like better. Or, actually, I think I'll leave it with "they are both excellent examples of their respective styles and hence incomparable to each other." :D :D

Here's some more info from the box I noticed and extracted as I was breaking it down for recycling:

S6lqRtBh.jpg

And, Jack, thanks for the compliment on the little carving. :)

I've done a miserable job at keeping up around here, life never seems to get any less busy.

Taking a break for now, brief as it may be.

uaFl7mw.jpg

Great to see you posting Dylan, and what a lovely picture for you to have popped in with! :thumbsup:

Duvel is one of my favorites as well. I don't drink it that often, but when I do, I always appreciate what a fantastic brew it is.

The tripel hop is quite good. I found it in a gift set with the glass I showed, two bottles of standard Duvel and two bottles of the tripel hop. I'd have to refresh my memory on the taste of standard before saying which I like better. Or, actually, I think I'll leave it with "they are both excellent examples of their respective styles and hence incomparable to each other." :D :D

Here's some more info from the box I noticed and extracted as I was breaking it down for recycling:

S6lqRtBh.jpg

And, Jack, thanks for the compliment on the little carving. :)

Great to see you posting Dylan, and what a lovely picture for you to have popped in with! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for the info Greg, I'm afraid I didn't manage to track a bottle down today, but I am drinking this 7.4 'Hazy New England-style IPA' from Yorkshire's Brass Castle Brewery out of a Duvel glass ! :D And very good it is :) Hope you're having a great weekend my friend :thumbsup:

AW Small Sambar LF (2) 5-1.JPG

Jack Black Jack Black I definitely recommend it if you can find it. Your consolation prize looks fantastic, though. :thumbsup::)

TheFactor TheFactor the handles of your Tuna Valley go very well with the artwork on the can. Nice pairing.

I treated my trusty lambsfoot to a spa day today. Relaxing with a drink afterwards:

0iID08jh.jpg

The drink is called A Walk in the Woods and is a combination of gin and Björk liqueur.

Jack Black Jack Black I definitely recommend it if you can find it. Your consolation prize looks fantastic, though. :thumbsup::)

TheFactor TheFactor the handles of your Tuna Valley go very well with the artwork on the can. Nice pairing.

I treated my trusty lambsfoot to a spa day today. Relaxing with a drink afterwards:

0iID08jh.jpg

The drink is called A Walk in the Woods and is a combination of gin and Björk liqueur.
It wasn’t planned but Thank you !

0iID08jh.jpg

Thanks Greg, your Lambsfoot is looking very spiffy my friend :) :thumbsup:

I hope Bjork mixes liqueurs better than she sings! :D ;) :thumbsup:

That knife really has that special something. Man did they ever turn out some incredible knives ... be it TV or Queen.
Thanks !! I’m really enjoying this one every time I pull her out of the safe . It really does have that special something . It’s one of fifty and greatfull to have one in my modest collection.

Back