Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Called in for a pint mid afternoon ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 946622

Samuel Smith is possibly the finest beer on the market. :thumbsup:

This tonight for me (pictured below is why!)

6ZNYTls.jpg

This evil vile gila monster was on the back patio :eek: You seldom ever see them this close up! o_O:mad:

VjvREZn.jpg

Last edited:
Samuel Smith is possibly the finest beer on the market. :thumbsup:

This tonight for me (pictured below is why!)

6ZNYTls.jpg

This evil vile gila monster was on the back patio :eek: You seldom ever see them this close up! o_O:mad:

hg37MAz.jpg

I think that gila monster must have been too scrary for imgur! :eek: When I travelled to France regularly, and lived there, years ago, Macallan 12 was my go-to tipple :) Unfortunately, at that time, it wasn't available in the UK, only the 10 (and then the more expensive 15 and 18 year old malts). I keep meaning to get reacquainted, as they sell it here now :) :thumbsup:

I think that gila monster must have been too scrary for imgur! :eek: When I travelled to France regularly, and lived there, years ago, Macallan 12 was my go-to tipple :) Unfortunately, at that time, it wasn't available in the UK, only the 10 (and then the more expensive 15 and 18 year old malts). I keep meaning to get reacquainted, as they sell it here now :) :thumbsup:

Possibly user error & not imgur? :confused:

VjvREZn.jpg

r0wDQuz.jpg

Hopefully the filthy beast is NOW showing his ugly face! ;)

Yes, the Macallan 12 is fantastic (Hendrick's also tickles my fancy from time to time). :D

VjvREZn.jpg

r0wDQuz.jpg

Yes, the Macallan 12 is fantastic (Hendrick's also tickles my fancy from time to time). :D

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Yikes! :eek: I think I'd have needed a shot after opening the door to that thing! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

VjvREZn.jpg

r0wDQuz.jpg

What ARE they? Some kind of lizard or salamander? I have to say they look cool, borderline cute in my view :cool::D Funny thing is I like lizards and newts, toads etc but loathe snakes - and they're just lizards without legs:D

Talking of legless....spirit drinking in the heat can lead to it...or even visions or is that DTs?:eek::D

Talking of the Spirit World ;) this one's up to the mark in my book:D Don't let anybody tell you that D2 won't patina, just put it on citrus duties:cool:

fpR44fz.jpg
Ahhh! My favorite bourbon posing with some of the best jigged bone Queen produced! This made my Monday morning Will.

Thanks Josh, not being an American I don't have access to a wide range of Bourbon, but I like the Mark and Bulleit. Never ever been a fan of Scotch or Irish, very different drinks, I like the way you Americans do whiskey;) The ACSB is some great stuff although I think the very last of it produced in the past couple of years is not of the same calibre, Queen must have changed their bone supplier as it doesn't look like the Teardrop pictured.

Regards,Will

Will Power Will Power they are venomous (the only one in the US IIRC). My relatives that live in Arizona say they are very slow moving but have a nasty disposition and would attack anything close to them (their eyesight is bad). I had a photo they sent me of one about two feet long...but can't find it.

What ARE they? Some kind of lizard or salamander? I have to say they look cool, borderline cute in my view :cool::D Funny thing is I like lizards and newts, toads etc but loathe snakes - and they're just lizards without legs:D

Talking of legless....spirit drinking in the heat can lead to it...or even visions or is that DTs?:eek::D

Will,

It's a Gila Monster (HEE-LA). They're an aggressive, venomous slow moving lizard known for a nasty bite and won't let go. :confused:

You seldom see them, so it was quite unexpected. Seeing one feels similar to walking up on a rattlesnake (which happens too!). :eek:

Del

Woah. Are you meant to drink directly from the can? Is the edge sharp (the can, not the knife ;))? I’m not sure whether to be seeking one out or running away... :D

Yeah, weird, I actually encountered one before in a bar. Not sure about it at all o_O

I can remember when I was a kid seeing some kind of prototype aluminium can on a science programme on the TV. It was designed with the part that held the drink in a cone shape, and when you pulled the tab, it released the outer part of the can which was the cup. The designer didn't think people would drink direct from the can, so you were supposed to pour the drink into the cup! :confused: :D That idea got dropped, but the early ones were heavier, and the ring-pull detached. When I was a kid at school, we would flick the rings, using the tab, if you know what I mean? :D

The Brass Castle Brewery in North Yorkshire do some nice beers, and this Vanilla Porter was one of their first. I haven't had it in a while. I seem to remember that the pint bottle it used to come in was cheaper than a can :rolleyes:

2018 Ebony Guardian & 2018 Ancient Barlow 1-6.JPG

Yeah, weird, I actually encountered one before in a bar. Not sure about it at all o_O

I can remember when I was a kid seeing some kind of prototype aluminium can on a science programme on the TV. It was designed with the part that held the drink in a cone shape, and when you pulled the tab, it released the outer part of the can which was the cup. The designer didn't think people would drink direct from the can, so you were supposed to pour the drink into the cup! :confused: :D That idea got dropped, but the early ones were heavier, and the ring-pull detached. When I was a kid at school, we would flick the rings, using the tab, if you know what I mean? :D

The Brass Castle Brewery in North Yorkshire do some nice beers, and this Vanilla Porter was one of their first. I haven't had it in a while. I seem to remember that the pint bottle it used to come in was cheaper than a can :rolleyes:

View attachment 947225
Vanilla Porter.....Yummmmmm
The blades are darn nice too.

Back