Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Enjoying this one tonight.

BubnGDj.jpg

A beer with my granite. [recycled cup]
G5BheAi.jpg

Beers and exposure, what could go wrong?
7CxPACD.jpg

It is that time of year. Oktoberfest!

IGtOAxT.jpg

Golden afternoon, 101 North Golden Naked Ale and GEC Golden Ale Beer Scout with some fresh hops thrown in to boot. Life is good.
jfpnIkQ.jpg
11v73Y1.jpg

Enjoying this one tonight.

BubnGDj.jpg

Fantastic pics guys :thumbsup

From yesterday :) Beer is Omnipresent, a 6.5 IPA from my local Kirkstall Brewery. Very tasty :thumbsup:

I still haven't got 'round to sharing the best of the Russian Imperial Stouts I've been savouring this Antipodean winter, but here's another one of this years' 'Winter Warmers' which I thought was an exceptional brew: the superb Harviestoun Old Engine Oil, Black Ale, from Scotland. Highly recommended.

TTpolzm.jpg

I still haven't got 'round to sharing the best of the Russian Imperial Stouts I've been savouring this Antipodean winter, but here's another one of this years' 'Winter Warmers' which I thought was an exceptional brew: the superb Harviestoun Old Engine Oil, Black Ale, from Scotland. Highly recommended.

TTpolzm.jpg

I'll look out for that one mate :) Great pic too :thumbsup:

A fellow sure works up a thirst reading this thread!

I thought that was the point.... I mean we occasionally mention those thing called knives but lets be honest chaps. It's all about the ale really isn't it.... :D

A lot of the city centre pubs in Sheffield sold Stones, and it could be absolutely awful (and often watered), but there were a few pubs where it was absolute nectar. I used to drink in an old street-corner boozer called The Hanover (House) in the 70's, and it was reckoned to be the best pint of Stones in Sheffield, and arguably the best pint too :)

Hey, I've got a pair of those shoes! :D :thumbsup:

Beverages, Blades and Boots... :D:thumbsup:
Yeah I seem to recall Stones being a bad pint. Over here in the north west it had a bit of a bad rep' for being a crap pint. But then in my local where it was served we had a crap landlord, so maybe that was something to do with it.

A beer with my granite. [recycled cup]
Beers and exposure, what could go wrong?
7CxPACD.jpg

Apparently everything if you read wilderness medicine textbooks :oops: Alcohol+Cold=Death yadda yadda yadda.... :D Never done me any harm though:thumbsup:
Great shot! Where where you?

The universe is conspiring to send me unwelcome memos. I have to drink more tea and less beer.
sqlqis2.jpg
Errr....no you don't. I honestly don't think this thread would of achieved 215 pages if the title had been 'Tea and Blades'. :D
BTW. God Save the Queen! :thumbsup:

Golden afternoon, 101 North Golden Naked Ale and GEC Golden Ale Beer Scout with some fresh hops thrown in to boot. Life is good.
jfpnIkQ.jpg
11v73Y1.jpg

Lifes not just good is it? Life is VERY GOOD!! :D
Great shot! Did you grow your own hops?

Today the Crewe Rail Ale Festival, in the town of Crewe in the county of Cheshire. A beer festival held in the Crewe Heritage Centre; a small museum celebrating Crewe's railway heritage.
https://crewehc.org/

Half a pint of something dark. Plus obligatory pie of course :thumbsup:
4jkWCbw.jpg

-David.

TTpolzm.jpg
Old Engine Oil love the name! :thumbsup::thumbsup::p

Apparently everything if you read wilderness medicine textbooks :oops: Alcohol+Cold=Death yadda yadda yadda.... :D Never done me any harm though:thumbsup:
Great shot! Where where you?
That was in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, on a smaller peak that is known to locals, and provides a 360 degree view for very little effort. The last bit near the top is “a wee bit scrambly,” as they say in the British Isles.

Where I hiked the next day, Mt. Jefferson, is more than a wee bit scrambly. The northern Presidentials are all well above tree line, and involve miles of rock hopping and scrambling. This is the highest peak in the northeast, Mt. Washington, yesterday from the summit of Jefferson. It has an auto road and a cog railway and is where the tourists go. When I was on the summit of Jefferson there was only one couple, from England, and we had a nice chat since I had just been in the Lakes District.
ZxwRHmJ.jpg

I thought that was the point.... I mean we occasionally mention those thing called knives but lets be honest chaps. It's all about the ale really isn't it.... :D
"Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink
For fellows whom it hurts to think...."
A. E. Houseman
Gonna pour me a couple of Samuel Adams Oktoberfest beers in a little while.

Knife content: spent some time this evening cleaning and sharpening an old Kutmaster stockman. It was given to my wife by her father when she was a child--probably early '70s. I think he had carried it for years. Has bone scales. May be from the '50s. My wife broke the tip of the clip blade decades ago, but it's still a nice knife and a cool memento.

Edit: "couple" means "three"!

Last edited:
uJBEXwK.jpg

Did a little booze shopping and I just couldn't help myself, lol. That's a Boker Beer Barrel Copperhead sitting on:

8 twenty-four packs of Blue Moon
7 Thirty packs of Coors Light
6 Magnum (double sized) bottles of Chardonnay
6 Magnum bottles of Cabernet
4 Magnum bottles of Pinot Grigio
8 bottles of Hot to Trot
3 1/2 half gallons of vodka
3 half gallons of canadian whisky
2 half gallons light rum
1 half gallon of gin
1 half gallon of 1800 tequila
1 fifth of Kahlua

Very nice vodka. Was much better prices when it was new, but it's worth the price.
Is that a Bose Case collaboration? Beautiful!
Thanks John. I missed this somehow. Yes it is one I picked up from Sketch32... which lead to another... and another... and... and... :(;):)

Back