Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

That was in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, on a smaller peak that is known to locals, and provides a 360 degree view for very little effort. The last bit near the top is “a wee bit scrambly,” as they say in the British Isles.

Where I hiked the next day, Mt. Jefferson, is more than a wee bit scrambly. The northern Presidentials are all well above tree line, and involve miles of rock hopping and scrambling. This is the highest peak in the northeast, Mt. Washington, yesterday from the summit of Jefferson. It has an auto road and a cog railway and is where the tourists go. When I was on the summit of Jefferson there was only one couple, from England, and we had a nice chat since I had just been in the Lakes District.
ZxwRHmJ.jpg

Great picture thanks for posting. When I first looked at it I thought it has a real similarity to Mt Snowdon in Wales.

"Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink
For fellows whom it hurts to think...."
A. E. Houseman

Never a truer word said about me. :D

uJBEXwK.jpg

Did a little booze shopping and I just couldn't help myself, lol. That's a Boker Beer Barrel Copperhead sitting on:

8 twenty-four packs of Blue Moon
7 Thirty packs of Coors Light
6 Magnum (double sized) bottles of Chardonnay
6 Magnum bottles of Cabernet
4 Magnum bottles of Pinot Grigio
8 bottles of Hot to Trot
3 1/2 half gallons of vodka
3 half gallons of canadian whisky
2 half gallons light rum
1 half gallon of gin
1 half gallon of 1800 tequila
1 fifth of Kahlua

My better half stopped at the Liquor store today. Our wine rack was severely depleted. It's all good now.
Pinched peanut is standing guard.
PfhTJNl.jpg

Do you chaps know something the rest of us don't? I mean you don't work for the FBI New Mexico Field Office by any chance....?? :D

-David.

Beverages, Blades and Boots... :D:thumbsup:
Yeah I seem to recall Stones being a bad pint. Over here in the north west it had a bit of a bad rep' for being a crap pint. But then in my local where it was served we had a crap landlord, so maybe that was something to do with it.

Today the Crewe Rail Ale Festival, in the town of Crewe in the county of Cheshire. A beer festival held in the Crewe Heritage Centre; a small museum celebrating Crewe's railway heritage.
https://crewehc.org/

Half a pint of something dark. Plus obligatory pie of course :thumbsup:
4jkWCbw.jpg

-David.

LOL! :D Bass-Charrington had a lot of rubbish pubs and landlords, but I think a lot of ales didn't travel so well then, and were generally just not looked after (pouring the 'slops' back in the barrel was rampant, hygiene was generally poor, and line-cleaning was patchy at best). One of the reasons, that 'mixes' like black and tan, brown and bitter, etc were so popular in the 1970's was because the beer was so bad I think. It was very rare to get a good pint of Tetley's in Sheffield in the 1970's, for instance, but then in the 1980's it seemed to travel a lot better. Great pics from your trip to Crewe my friend :) :thumbsup:

Great-looking knife JP :thumbsup:

That was in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, on a smaller peak that is known to locals, and provides a 360 degree view for very little effort. The last bit near the top is “a wee bit scrambly,” as they say in the British Isles.

Where I hiked the next day, Mt. Jefferson, is more than a wee bit scrambly. The northern Presidentials are all well above tree line, and involve miles of rock hopping and scrambling. This is the highest peak in the northeast, Mt. Washington, yesterday from the summit of Jefferson. It has an auto road and a cog railway and is where the tourists go. When I was on the summit of Jefferson there was only one couple, from England, and we had a nice chat since I had just been in the Lakes District.
ZxwRHmJ.jpg

Beautiful phot o sir :) I wish I had a Pound for every time I have had someone use that expression here! :D Of course it is entirely subjective! :D :thumbsup:

uJBEXwK.jpg

Did a little booze shopping and I just couldn't help myself, lol. That's a Boker Beer Barrel Copperhead sitting on:

8 twenty-four packs of Blue Moon
7 Thirty packs of Coors Light
6 Magnum (double sized) bottles of Chardonnay
6 Magnum bottles of Cabernet
4 Magnum bottles of Pinot Grigio
8 bottles of Hot to Trot
3 1/2 half gallons of vodka
3 half gallons of canadian whisky
2 half gallons light rum
1 half gallon of gin
1 half gallon of 1800 tequila
1 fifth of Kahlua

Typical weekend? ;) :D :thumbsup:

As many of you have likely determined, I've been on a quest to find ales that match (in color) my small collection of Beer Scouts...today's post...Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale and my chestnut brown Beer Scout...with my hops growing out of the pot in background.

WwWSIeC.jpg

I thought that was the point.... I mean we occasionally mention those thing called knives but lets be honest chaps. It's all about the ale really isn't it.... :D

Yeah I seem to recall Stones being a bad pint. Over here in the north west it had a bit of a bad rep' for being a crap pint. But then in my local where it was served we had a crap landlord, so maybe that was something to do with it.

Apparently everything if you read wilderness medicine textbooks :oops: Alcohol+Cold=Death yadda yadda yadda.... :D Never done me any harm though:thumbsup:
Great shot! Where where you?

Errr....no you don't. I honestly don't think this thread would of achieved 215 pages if the title had been 'Tea and Blades'. :D
BTW. God Save the Queen! :thumbsup:

Lifes not just good is it? Life is VERY GOOD!! :D
Great shot! Did you grow your own hops?

Today the Crewe Rail Ale Festival, in the town of Crewe in the county of Cheshire. A beer festival held in the Crewe Heritage Centre; a small museum celebrating Crewe's railway heritage.

4jkWCbw.jpg

-David.
I thought that was the point.... I mean we occasionally mention those thing called knives but lets be honest chaps. It's all about the ale really isn't it.... :D

Apparently everything if you read wilderness medicine textbooks :oops: Alcohol+Cold=Death yadda yadda yadda.... :D Never done me any harm though:thumbsup:
Great shot! Where where you?

Errr....no you don't. I honestly don't think this thread would of achieved 215 pages if the title had been 'Tea and Blades'. :D
BTW. God Save the Queen! :thumbsup:

Lifes not just good is it? Life is VERY GOOD!! :D
Great shot! Did you grow your own hops?

4jkWCbw.jpg

-David.

Yep, grow my own hops but they generally just get crushed up in my hands as I only get a few handfuls anyway. Grab a flower or two, crush then between your palms and bury your nose in there and take a deep breath, such a great fragrance...yes, life is VERY good!

Enjoying the seasonal Oktoberfest brews several times a week these days. Here's one I haven't tried before from Sierra Nevada. I've also posted a pic of the "name-dropping" label that claims an alliance with the "world's oldest brewery", FWIW.
CJ.sierranevada.oktfest.jpg

CJ.sierranevada.oktfest.label.jpg

- GT

There brewing Charrington IPA again.
:D
http://www.heritagebrewingcompany.co.uk/beers/charrington-i-p-a/

The Heritage Brewing company based at the National Brewery Centre is brewing old recipes. I came across their Masterpiece IPA 5.6% and Richterscale 4.1% at Crewe. Quite nice they were to.

-David.

Very interesting David :thumbsup:

I wish I had a pound for every hike where that expression applied! I bet you do too Jack. We could buy a lot of knives!

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Back