Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

15A2_Pelforth.jpg

We took the grandsons to the local apple orchard today. We came home with some apple donuts, a couple of pecks of fresh picked apples and a bottle of apple Brandy. I look for any excuse to try out something new. 1911 is the year "Beak and Skiff" was started. They've been making apple wine, vodka, gin and other spirits for a few years now under that label. I'll have to try a snifter full this evening.
W9OSIjO.jpg

We took the grandsons to the local apple orchard today. We came home with some apple donuts, a couple of pecks of fresh picked apples and a bottle of apple Brandy. I look for any excuse to try out something new. 1911 is the year "Beak and Skiff" was started. They've been making apple wine, vodka, gin and other spirits for a few years now under that label. I'll have to try a snifter full this evening.
W9OSIjO.jpg

Mmmm apple doughnuts :) Sounds like a nice trip Gary, I hope the apple brandy is better than the Calvados I picked up the other week! o_O :D :thumbsup:

That looks interesting Taylor :) Great marketing too - a pic of a piece of pie on the label would certainly reel me in! :D ;) :thumbsup:

This is from last night, not this morning.

1JC25VP.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- Stuart

Well, it is Friday! ;) :D :thumbsup:

I had a cuppa with a cherry scone earlier :thumbsup:

Mmmm apple doughnuts :) Sounds like a nice trip Gary, I hope the apple brandy is better than the Calvados I picked up the other week! o_O :D :thumbsup:
I haven't sampled my purchase yet, Jack! I do remember having a bottle of Calvados in my liquor cabinet for what seems like forever. I don't recall being particularly fond of it. It's not there anymore though.:D

I haven't sampled my purchase yet, Jack! I do remember having a bottle of Calvados in my liquor cabinet for what seems like forever. I don't recall being particularly fond of it. It's not there anymore though.:D

I have sampled a few good ones in the past, including one which was 30 years old. When I saw a bottle the other week, it brought back good memories, no doubt somewhat rose-tinted by time :rolleyes: I've drank some of it mixed with Drambuie, which seems a bit of a waste of Drambuie! :D I will have to look up some Calvados cocktails, or it'll be taking up space a long time! :D :thumbsup:

I have sampled a few good ones in the past, including one which was 30 years old. When I saw a bottle the other week, it brought back good memories, no doubt somewhat rose-tinted by time :rolleyes: I've drank some of it mixed with Drambuie, which seems a bit of a waste of Drambuie! :D I will have to look up some Calvados cocktails, or it'll be taking up space a long time! :D :thumbsup:
Mustn't mix Drambuie!

I'll bet Calvados is better than my New Jersey White Lightning Apple Brandy. But maybe I'll try their aged stuff before I spring for Calvados.

Back