Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

7TNEs5P.jpg

Good Morning! :D

- Del

It is windy and cold outside to night and my wife and I were in the warm kitchen, heating up some turkey, veggies, and rice stew (for the last time). I decided it was a perfect time for a spicy Bloody Mary to heat up the evening.

spLSU1z.jpg

Wait, where's the spirited ingredient? So, take a swig and take another pic.

FIeHZqU.jpg

With the knife already back in the pocket, of course. Maybe I heated the evening up too much.
- Stuart

It is windy and cold outside to night and my wife and I were in the warm kitchen, heating up some turkey, veggies, and rice stew (for the last time). I decided it was a perfect time for a spicy Bloody Mary to heat up the evening.

spLSU1z.jpg

Wait, where's the spirited ingredient? So, take a swig and take another pic.

FIeHZqU.jpg

With the knife already back in the pocket, of course. Maybe I heated the evening up too much.
- Stuart
Mmmmmm, how's that sod buster?

The Maserin Plow made it's return appearance after the second Bloody to slice a garlic dill pickle into a slimmer version so I could fit it in the glass for a third.
- Stuart

I am "liking" the knife, but I HATE IPAs. Such a nasty taste! I love stouts, porters, bocks, etc. come over to the Dark Side, Taylor!

I think your hatred is clouding your vision. There are two very lovely knives there. ;)

There is such a wide variety of IPAs out there that I’d wager there’s one out there you could tolerate if not enjoy. Of course, you might want to build towards it. Ever tried Mirror Pond from Deschutes? It’s my favorite American Pale Ale. Pairs nicely with a stockman, preferably a Schrade USA. :)

I think your hatred is clouding your vision. There are two very lovely knives there. ;)

There is such a wide variety of IPAs out there that I’d wager there’s one out there you could tolerate if not enjoy. Of course, you might want to build towards it. Ever tried Mirror Pond from Deschutes? It’s my favorite American Pale Ale. Pairs nicely with a stockman, preferably a Schrade USA. :)
You're right: two knives. Love them both.

Am willing to try more IPAs, but have probably tried a couple of dozen different ones and didn't like a one. My taste buds don't like them. I don't only enjoy dark beers: I love most German lagers, for example, and similar beers. One of my all-time favorite beers is from Yorkshire: Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale. But it's not an INDIA pale ale. Maybe it's too much hops and not enough malt. Whatever the reason, IPAs taste very unbalanced to me, and I don't enjoy them. I'd rather drink (shudder!) Miller Lite!

I will look for Mirror Pond.

You're right: two knives. Love them both.

Am willing to try more IPAs, but have probably tried a couple of dozen different ones and didn't like a one. My taste buds don't like them. I don't only enjoy dark beers: I love most German lagers, for example, and similar beers. One of my all-time favorite beers is from Yorkshire: Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale. But it's not an INDIA pale ale. Maybe it's too much hops and not enough malt. Whatever the reason, IPAs taste very unbalanced to me, and I don't enjoy them. I'd rather drink (shudder!) Miller Lite!

Fair enough. Sounds like you’ve given them a fair shake. :thumbsup:

I haven’t tried that Samuel Smith’s ale, but have their Winter Ale in their ale in my fridge as we speak. Expect photos with a Yorkshire knife before the close of the weekend. :)

Back