Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Went with a Shiraz and a pipe this evening.

9qfW3DW.jpg
I've been watching the old Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes (The Sherlock Holmes, for my money). He sure had a rack-full of cool long and bent pipes. He also drank best ale and plied a shadow penknife in the affair of Shoscome Old House (or something like that), so how's that for on-topic.

Me and my wife took a walk down town and got a bite to eat. Today is our due date! Our baby girl is being stubborn and won't come out! I know another IPA!View attachment 1032888

Exciting times Taylor :) All 3 of my girls were a little late - a habit they've never broken :rolleyes: ;) Hope everything goes well my friend :thumbsup:

I was cooking Spag Bol, so I thought I'd better open a bottle of wine ;) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 32-6.JPG

Sitting with Gandalf by the River Brandywine? Gorgeous knife and briar, Dylan. Great pic. Think I'll have some Shiraz myself.

Ha! My wife does call me an old man and though my beard is not quite as epic as Gandalf's, it isn't too far behind. Thank you for the kind compliments, I hope you enjoyed that Shiraz.

What a life you lead Dylan! :D :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I am indeed a blessed man.

I've been watching the old Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes (The Sherlock Holmes, for my money). He sure had a rack-full of cool long and bent pipes. He also drank best ale and plied a shadow penknife in the affair of Shoscome Old House (or something like that), so how's that for on-topic.

Sounds like my kind of fella. :D

Finishing my Friday off with a tasty IPA. I usually like heftier ales during the cold season but I just did a number of outdoor chores and this will do nicely to quench the thirst.

3WCUb7m.jpg

Ha! My wife does call me an old man and though my beard is not quite as epic as Gandalf's, it isn't too far behind. Thank you for the kind compliments, I hope you enjoyed that Shiraz.

Thank you, Jack. I am indeed a blessed man.

Sounds like my kind of fella. :D

Finishing my Friday off with a tasty IPA. I usually like heftier ales during the cold season but I just did a number of outdoor chores and this will do nicely to quench the thirst.

3WCUb7m.jpg
Outstanding photo. Not a bad knife either! :cool:

Went out and got the Christmas tree with my wife yesterday and then walked over to the Radhaus for a beer (or two) and a bite to eat. After a charcuterie and pickled vegetable plate with thick cut toast accompanied by manzanita smoked altbier, we had this for dessert...hefeweizen with a splash of fresh banana juice. I'm not into fruit beers but this combo was surprisingly good, especially with some of the remaining toast. When this tall glass of golden nectar was delivered, I quickly grabbed my EDC Beer Scout for a picture....golden hefeweizen jigged bone???

OWk0Hua.jpg

Beautiful knife and pic, as always Dylan.

Made me think of this:

Outstanding photo. Not a bad knife either! :cool:

Thank you, fellas. Very much appreciated.

Having some of this wine that appeared on my counter the other day, something my wife brought back from her work office party. Not entirely certain what it is other than I think it is a blend of sorts and is defined as a Medium Dry Red Wine. It is actually rather pleasant and pairs nicely with a La Creme.

ZrwTcBM.jpg

Back