Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

20190522-202949.jpg

The Blackness.

:cool:.....IPA all the way!

I'm joking, a pale ale would work just fine. ;)
One of my all time favorite beers is from Yorkshire: Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale. Hard to find around here, but will look at some of the bigger liquor stores. Will be posting some beer pics this weekend with my new rosewood lambsfoot.

Here's an old pic with a different lambsfoot and another Samuel Smith beer:
71HHtZE.jpg

Cheers!

:cool:.....IPA all the way!
I concur!

One of my all time favorite beers is from Yorkshire: Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale. Hard to find around here, but will look at some of the bigger liquor stores. Will be posting some beer pics this weekend with my new rosewood lambsfoot.

Here's an old pic with a different lambsfoot and another Samuel Smith beer:
71HHtZE.jpg

Cheers!
Just grab an IPA and give it a whirl!

Vince...see if you can find Kingfisher beer...its akshully brewed on the subcontinent....I visited India long ago and we were drinking a flattish brew called Golden Eagle....made by by one Mohan Meakin and co.
Apparently one of Indias largest bottlers.
I always like to think of some ancestor of mine marrying into the wealth ....along the lines of Sean Connery in The Man Who Would Be King .
Anyway ....kingfisher is more a lager but at least you can claim some Indian-ness.

Vince...see if you can find Kingfisher beer...its akshully brewed on the subcontinent....I visited India long ago and we were drinking a flattish brew called Golden Eagle....made by by one Mohan Meakin and co.
I always like to think of some ancestor of mine marrying into the wealth ....along the lines of Sean Connery in The Man Who Would Be King .
Anyway ....kingfisher is more a lager but at least you can claim some Indian-ness.
I will definitely look for it, Jon. I'm sure I could find it in Houston (4-hour drive!); but we're just a little podunk town of 300,000. But I will check the two largest liquor stores in town.
Cheers!
(I'm drinking Australian wine as I type this with my stubby thumbs.) :)

When only the best will do.....you in:D.
Do you have an Indian restaurant in town?
That's where kingfisher is usually found.
Strangely Im supping Irish Guinness and nibbling some English cheese made in Britain...im so confused now...Thank Bacchus I've got a cheap aussie cab merlot breathing for later with my spaghetti for the full multi cultural experience:thumbsup:

That marriage didn't turn out too well for Sean Connery, as I recall.

Has anybody heard of Jameson whisky with a pickle-juice chaser? I'm guessing it's a very local phenomenon.

Back