Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I'm thinking a dill pickle chaser would be quite good.

I've not heard of it. I like a shot of dill pickle-juice now and then, but I haven't had whisky in 45 years, so it's a combo I'm unlikely to try.

- GT
Okay GT now I'm beginning to understand. Subsequent to your "retirement" you seem to have DOUBLED-DOWN, not only NOT taking it easy, but becoming BUSIER than EVER! A dram or three of potation in the evening might be just the "thin part of the wedge" needed to slowly pry apart the iron bars of the classroom cage in which you slave... :D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

kucYWiB.jpg

I'm thinking a dill pickle chaser would be quite good.

Okay GT now I'm beginning to understand. Subsequent to your "retirement" you seem to have DOUBLED-DOWN, not only NOT taking it easy, but becoming BUSIER than EVER! A dram or three of potation in the evening might be just the "thin part of the wedge" needed to slowly pry apart the iron bars of the classroom cage in which you slave... :D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D
You might be right, Dwight. :thumbsup::D
If I had my druthers, I'd go for a brownie and ice cream before bed each evening, but the doc claims that's bad for my borderline high cholesterol. So maybe an alcoholic potation/nightcap is just what the doctor (implicitly) ordered! :rolleyes: Isn't there a song that says that "Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker"?

I always have my beer with supper. :cool::thumbsup: Tonight was this brand:
25gKtkk.jpg

- GT

I think it was Ogden Nash who said candy is dandy but liquors quicker..
Rhubarb Schnapps....vairy interesting Kleenk.....I think it was General Burkhalter who said that...
The picture makes me think of the moonshine tasting scene in The Great Escape..Garner ,McQueen and that other guy
wow!

Rhubarb Schnapps....vairy interesting Kleenk.....I think it was General Burkhalter who said that...
The picture makes me think of the moonshine tasting scene in The Great Escape..Garner ,McQueen and that other guy
wow!
I learn something new every day, often on The Porch! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the Ogden Nash info, meako meako ; I'm familiar with his style, but didn't realize his connection to that line. Here's one version of the song I was thinking of:

- GT

I learn something new every day, often on The Porch! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the Ogden Nash info, meako meako ; I'm familiar with his style, but didn't realize his connection to that line. Here's one version of the song I was thinking of:

- GT
I think it's the whole poem!
He has a slightly longer one about martinis I like:
A Drink With Something In It
by Ogden Nash
upload_2019-5-24_10-17-44.jpeg
There is something about a Martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow Martini;
I wish I had one at present.
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It is not the vermouth--
I think that perhaps it's the gin.

eStDVtW.jpg

wow!
If you like rhubarb, and you like drinking, you’ll like rhubarb schnapps. Not exactly the schnapps they were drinking in Hogan’s Heroes, but good.

I think it's the whole poem!
He has a slightly longer one about martinis I like:
A Drink With Something In It
by Ogden Nash
View attachment 1133925
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow Martini;
I wish I had one at present.
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It is not the vermouth--
I think that perhaps it's the gin.

eStDVtW.jpg
That is a gorgeous picture, including the knife. May make it my screensaver.
- Stuart

"Payday came, and with it beer."
Here's my haul today:
Uqtmjzr.jpg

The Crawford Bock is a new beer I discovered recently. Pretty decent stuff.

The Moosehead I have not had in decades, but decided to get some in honour of @dc50, who just went through a rough move up in the Great White North. Cheers, Dave!

The IPA is because I told tmd_87 tmd_87 I would. He graciously gifted me the rosewood lambsfoot he won in @Jack Black's recent GAW. Cheers, Taylor!
1Qx8FrK.jpg

9W6bYAa.jpg

(I must say, I am glad I didn't buy a six-pack! How do all you guys drink IPAs? I really am trying to like it! ;) )
Anyway, thanks a million, Taylor!
¡Salud!

"Payday came, and with it beer."
Here's my haul today:
Uqtmjzr.jpg

The Crawford Bock is a new beer I discovered recently. Pretty decent stuff.

The Moosehead I have not had in decades, but decided to get some in honour of @dc50, who just went through a rough move up in the Great White North. Cheers, Dave!

The IPA is because I told tmd_87 tmd_87 I would. He graciously gifted me the rosewood lambsfoot he won in @Jack Black's recent GAW. Cheers, Taylor!
1Qx8FrK.jpg

9W6bYAa.jpg

(I must say, I am glad I didn't buy a six-pack! How do all you guys drink IPAs? I really am trying to like it! ;) )
Anyway, thanks a million, Taylor!
¡Salud!
Awesome! Great haul!!!! That the IPA looks fantastic! How was it?!

Back