Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I know some of you hate this, but I love it. Since about 1977. Very consistent and very refreshing.
TdSvCG8.jpg

I'd forgotten that song. It can't have impressed me quite as much as the Coca Cola Christmas commercials.
But I support you in your Budweiserism.

I've been vacationing from diabetes, drinking a lot of Juengling because that's what that cousin drinks and what we like to leave at the camp. A little Utica Club XX Pilsner Lager, because that further easterly cousin is very thoughtful. And a couple of bottles of Maker's Mark split with my brother, because it's become a tradition.

"Oh, you may walk the strait and narrow, but wi' a li'l bi' of luck you'll run amok."

Back to the sparkling water on weekdays.

Almost Saturday!

I'd forgotten that song. It can't have impressed me quite as much as the Coca Cola Christmas commercials.
But I support you in your Budweiserism.

I've been vacationing from diabetes, drinking a lot of Juengling because that's what that cousin drinks and what we like to leave at the camp. A little Utica Club XX Pilsner Lager, because that further easterly cousin is very thoughtful. And a couple of bottles of Maker's Mark split with my brother, because it's become a tradition.

"Oh, you may walk the strait and narrow, but wi' a li'l bi' of luck you'll run amok."

Back to the sparkling water on weekdays.

Almost Saturday!
Thanks, Jer. Sorry about your diabetes. Terrible disease.

I know Budweiser is despised by many (IPA drinkers!); I remember Harry Caray drinking it while he was broadcasting Cubs games (times have changed :(), and one time he said: "How can they make it so good and sell it so cheap!" I understand that sentiment.

I also like Yeungling. Tried it in New York a few years ago. Can't find it here in south Texas. And I LOVE Maker's Mark. Nice tradition with your brother.

Have a great weekend, all!
Q9QXYcC.jpg

Tasteful label.
Here's another offering from that brewery. Many of their labels feature an image of a woman, but almost always related to aspects of the copper mining that used to be big industry in Michigan's U.P. The Red Jacket amber ale I posted yesterday is a "tribute" to the Red Jacket Mine. The Widowmaker black ale shown below is named for the nickname of a deadly pneumatic drill without dust suppression used in the mines.
colonialtl29.widowmaker.mug.jpg

- GT

Back