1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Alnamvet68, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great stuff Gary! :D :thumbsup:

What a life! :) :thumbsup:

Enjoy Taylor :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, jwb01, zolthar and 11 others like this.
  2. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, jacksterp, zolthar and 9 others like this.
  3. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I really enjoyed those ales. They do a killer job with them...back to the no beer program hope to see you all soon...

4. Hibou Canne

Hibou Canne

Jan 7, 2016
    Awesome duo
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, zolthar, Cambertree and 8 others like this.
  5. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I tried out both but much preferred the Bourbon. Now the state alcohol monopoly ALKO doesn't stock Bulleit anymore :(:poop: Having to 'put up with' Maker's Mark or Evan Williams ;) But, I'm no expert just a drinker :D

6. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I'm home from vacation now, but here's a pic from last week while we were still away from home. It's another offering from Keweenaw Brewing. This one, Level 92, is again mine-related, but the "type" of beer listed on the label seems oxymoronic, or at least puzzling, to me! :rolleyes:
    UJ.golden.level92.label.jpg

- GT

Pàdruig, jwb01, zolthar and 11 others like this.
  7. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    One of the highest and best uses of a camp knife. In this case, an Ulster Boy Scouts of America knife we picked up at the flea market this weekend.
    9B3694B7-C33E-422C-B588-38EA6DC522D4.jpeg

8. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Picked this up in the Saratoga Springs farmers market a few weeks ago. The better half and I finished it off with a big Porterhouse for dinner.
    Not bad for a NYS wine.
    [​IMG]

9. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Wrapping up a great weekend with a Kentucky Mule and the blade that has been doing chores today.

[​IMG]

Gotta love a drinking vessel that can pick up a patina. :)

Pàdruig, jacksterp, zolthar and 13 others like this.
  10. cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
    And paired perfectly with your knife. Beautiful

Peregrin likes this.
  11. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    After a long day of fishing and a 2 hour drive home, I finally was sitting pretty (rather than bumpy on the boat and NASCAR-like on the road Sunday evening on northbound I-95). Got around to posting today, and still totin' the Case TB 61117.

[​IMG]

- Stuart

jwb01, zolthar, Jack Black and 9 others like this.
  12. rbeggs

rbeggs Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2013
    @Jack Black , wouldn't expect to see a running red Razorback key chain in England. GO HOGS

@Peregrin, how was it?

Jack Black and btb01 like this.
  13. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Tasty stuff! Pretty heavy with an 8.3% ABV and loads of calories! Definitely a special occasion brew for me.
    I didn't have it for breakfast though. Although, it might be good on Cheerios!

Jack Black likes this.
  14. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    I was thinking the same thing! :D Was that a gift from an Arkansan, Jack?

(Oh, and… WOO PIG SOOIE!! ;) :D)

Jack Black likes this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope you had a great vacation Gary :) :thumbsup:

Nice find, @paulhilborn kindly gifted me one a few years ago, and it is one of mot carried Scout knives :thumbsup:

Nice Greg :) :thumbsup:

It was a kind gift from a fellow Guardian gents :) :thumbsup:

Hey Barrett, I was just supposing in the Guardians thread that you were off fishing, yet here you are! :D Hope you're doing OK buddy :) :thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.
  16. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Thanks, Jack, I've been doing well, keeping busy with some summertime projects around the house (as well as a bit of fishing). :D Keeping up with some of the faster-moving threads here on the Porch can be like a full time job, so I've been a bit behind. I'll have to drop in on the Lambsfoot thread later today. :thumbsup:

WhittlinAway and Prester John like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That's good to hear Barrett :) Yes, The Porch is not the quiet backwater it once was! :D :thumbsup:

18. cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
    Thank you. It's a great little knife. Couple more flea market Scout knives to come. Will see if I can get Kim to open a bottle tomorrow with the one she's claimed.

19. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I don't prefer light beer, so I don't drink many light beers. However, I do try to be a polite guest and will gladly guzzle a light beer offered by a kind host/hostess. I've found Yuengling Light to be one that I can like, as it actually has flavor, and a good beer flavor at that.

[​IMG]

- Stuart

Pàdruig, zolthar, Llasi and 6 others like this.
  20. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Very nice looking knife, love the tapered tang... who made it? Looks like EGTalley, but I can't find anything when goobering that...