Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Happy Saturday!
6Uu4qQv.jpg

Trying a new whiskey this evening. This one is distilled and bottled in my old home town of Sheridan, OR.

Not too shabby for a younger tasting whiskey, a little on the sweet side towards the finish.

kMI0isH.jpg

Very interesting Dylan :) There's been a big noise here about Yorkshire gins the last few years. They have little interest to me, and I'm hoping Yorkshire whisky is in vogue next ;) :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday!
6Uu4qQv.jpg

Fine pair of knives there Taylor :thumbsup:

Page 357! My lucky number!
qsInp48.jpg

Oh, this is good stuff! It's good to share. (Got a bottle of the Grande Réserve too.)

You're never 357 Vince?! :eek: Happy Birthday anyway my friend (you must have an ancient painting in the attic) ;) :D :thumbsup:

ey have little interest to me, and I'm hoping Yorkshire whisky is in vogue next ;) :thumbsup:
And let's hope you like it better than Welsh whiskey.
This is what's left of a bottle of Aberfeldy, a non-peaty single malt from the Dewars people. (My sister took the last of it home in the bottle, but I suspect this snifter has outlasted her bottle.
SqLseLf.jpg

Killing me with the Scotch Egg picture donn donn ! There's only one pub near me that serves them. Every once in a while the wife and I make the trip for an order and a Guinness. Strange combination, but it always hits the spot!

ery interesting Dylan :) There's been a big noise here about Yorkshire gins the last few years. They have little interest to me, and I'm hoping Yorkshire whisky is in vogue next ;) :thumbsup:

I'm afraid I have never been too keen on gin myself, Jack. Although I have had folks tell me that I just haven't had a good one yet... It is an alcohol that smells like a cleaning product and I've never taken to it. If Yorkshire decides to produce a good whisky, I would certainly be interested in trying it.

I am having an interesting Lager this evening. It is a collaboration between High West Distillery and Ballast Point Brewery. I am a big fan of High West whiskeys and Ballast Point makes a fine beer so you'd think they both could manage a decent beverage together. You wouldn't be wrong, it is a fine, albeit interesting, lager. Smooth, creamy, with hints of vanilla and bourbon. I guess they take a lager and blend it with beer that has been aged in High West bourbon barrels.

Interesting, but tasty, stuff.

I91j9qh.jpg

Killing me with the Scotch Egg picture donn donn ! There's only one pub near me that serves them. Every once in a while the wife and I make the trip for an order and a Guinness. Strange combination, but it always hits the spot!

My favourite channel on Youtube is 'Townsends'. He's a chap who does historical 18th century North American Colonial cooking. There fascinating to watch and of course copy. :):thumbsup:
Here's the link for his Scotch egg video.

And I can't remember who it was, but one of the members who frequents the Guardians thread did a post about cooking up some Scotch eggs.
I've never tried them with Guinness but it sure sounds like something to try. :)

My favourite channel on Youtube is 'Townsends'. He's a chap who does historical 18th century North American Colonial cooking. There fascinating to watch and of course copy. :):thumbsup:
Here's the link for his Scotch egg video.

And I can't remember who it was, but one of the members who frequents the Guardians thread did a post about cooking up some Scotch eggs.
I've never tried them with Guinness but it sure sounds like something to try. :)
I think that was Dylan- Pàdruig Pàdruig :thumbsup:

donn donn ..it might have been me.
McMeakos Scotch Eggs are mcawesome and mceasy to mcmake.....Ill have a mcgo in me mcnew mckitchen ...cookin with mcgas mcnow....the perfect food for picnics....ask the butcher for sausage mince....

Had a few beers in Fredericksburg at Octoberfest, but I don't think they allowed knives for some reason. Here's a pic from the hotel pool (where they don't allow glass bottles!):
h2WMhO9.jpg
Plastic beer glasses are a travesty...I agree but I can also imagine the carnage.:eek:

The Scotch Egg imo is best accompanied by a woody Chardonnay....and fresh shucked oysters.....greek salad....another bottle of chardy and a romp in the long grass.

Back