Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Oh, man, I've been eating olives since I was a wee lad! Used to go to the ice box (refrigerator, for you younguns) and stand there eating them out of the jar!

I lived among olive groves, as a teenager, in the Middle East in the 70's, and even extreme hunger didn't help in liking them! Folks told me that I might like them as I got older, and I would try them every few years and gag! Then, when I was 40, I suddenly began to love them, and must have eaten my weight in olives many times over since then! :D :thumbsup:

It would probably helped if I had enjoyed them as a kid Vince, but you didn't see olives here when I was a kid, and olive oil was either something you bought from the chemist to put in your ears, or Popeye's girlfriend! :confused: ;) :thumbsup:

FIiml2T.jpg

I'm surprised that Bell's Two Hearted is an IPA, because I like it. So many IPAs taste of grapefruit, which bleah.
These are back at the store where I'd feared they'd been a flash in the pan.
3KIJLA8.jpg
Bell's 2-Hearted Ale was highly recommended to me by several folks years ago, and I wasn't impressed at all, probably because it's an IPA. Might have been the first IPA I ever tasted.
Jer, would you really drink Rolling Rock if you didn't have those alpine green knives? Is there a subliminal message in the juxtaposition of the green containers of beer and kitchen cleanser??

We get just a sniff at temperatures in the 60s down here, and it's Stout and Porter season!

I'm so happy NOLA Brewing brought this seasonal back and this time in cans! Have a great weekend, everyone!

00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20191019185243846-COVER-2.jpg
I'd try that in a heartbeat, Shawn, although I'd certainly have some reservations about mint in my stout!

Finishing off that Paulaner Oktoberfest beer I bought yesterday.
MYj2PEt.jpg

Excellent beer. I love this label!
Knife in pocket now:
9fhnLxo.jpg
Interesting version of Paulaner you have, Vince. I also bought some Paulaner Oktoberfest, and was a little disappointed, but mine has a different label (Wiesn instead of Märzen):
paulaner.oktoberfest.remDaddy.jpg

OOPS! I tried to post an earlier version of this and it didn't seem to "take" and I thought I lost the whole thing. So this is a slightly edited "do-over", and after I posted it, I discovered that my original eventually showed up!
I'm surprised that Bell's Two Hearted is an IPA, because I like it. So many IPAs taste of grapefruit, which bleah.
These are back at the store where I'd feared they'd been a flash in the pan.
3KIJLA8.jpg
Jer, is there a subliminal message in the juxtaposition of the two green containers, beer and kitchen cleanser??
Would you really drink Rolling Rock if you didn't have two alpine green knives?

We get just a sniff at temperatures in the 60s down here, and it's Stout and Porter season!

I'm so happy NOLA Brewing brought this seasonal back and this time in cans! Have a great weekend, everyone!

00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20191019185243846-COVER-2.jpg
Shawn, I'd try that in a heartbeat (with slight reservations about tasting mint in my stout)!

Finishing off that Paulaner Oktoberfest beer I bought yesterday.
MYj2PEt.jpg

Excellent beer. I love this label!
Knife in pocket now:
9fhnLxo.jpg
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...onal-of-course.1323677/page-350#post-19271767
Vince, you and I apparently bought different versions of Paulaner Oktoberfest: Märzen for you, Wiesn for me. As an earlier post of mine (see the link above) states, I was a little bit disappointed with mine.

- GT

Jer, would you really drink Rolling Rock if you didn't have those alpine green knives? Is there a subliminal message in the juxtaposition of the green containers of beer and kitchen cleanser??

Jer, is there a subliminal message in the juxtaposition of the two green containers, beer and kitchen cleanser??
Would you really drink Rolling Rock if you didn't have two alpine green knives?

I see my warm fuzzies for Pennsylvania are no longer relevant. Rolling Rock hasn't been made in Pennsylvania since 2006. My warm fuzzies for Mary Chapin Carpenter remain, though. (Heros in Our Own Home Town, on A Place in the World, one of my favorite albums of all time and all genres.)

I left the cleanser in the shot to reassure anyone who's noticed that my kitchen counter shots sometimes have crumbs and coffee stains in them.

I didn't notice the cans were Mom's green until I put the knives next to one.
QSfsyho.jpg

Back