Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Though not a traditional puukko, it is certainly inspired by such and it is quite a delightful knife. I am looking forward to getting further acquainted with it. Nice composition, Jack, that Alfred Blackwell is always a treat to see.

A bit of Irish for myself this evening. Most of the leaves have come down, which means I'll have to start clearing my gutters and doing some blowing/raking soon. This evening, however, I will enjoy a break in the rain with a wee dram and a pleasant smoke.

e18Hhv9.jpg

Thank you very much Dylan, I haven't seen that whiskey, how do you find it? :)

Living phat at Grumble Towers, with beers and sausage rolls! :D ;) :thumbsup:

pip07fn.jpg

Thank you very much Dylan, I haven't seen that whiskey, how do you find it? :)

To be honest, Jack, I am not entirely certain. It was actually a gift to my wife from a friend (she is quite fond of Irish whiskey in particular). It is, however, quite good and rather smooth. I am not sure how liquor laws are in the UK but I know that it can be mail ordered here depending on which state we reside in. It goes for around $35-$45 from what I can see.

A bit of a review on it, with additional info - https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whiskey-review-writers-tears-irish-whiskey/

More of this delicious Stout for me this evening.

HUxwLgK.jpg

No beverage in the drinking horn but I thought it only appropriate to display as I am getting ready to go out and experience some genuine Braggot. I had no idea that a local brewery only makes Braggot style brews and I am pretty eager to give them a try. For those of you who don't know what a Braggot is, it is a very old style that combines herbs and/or spices, mead, and beer.

Going to bring out my inner Viking...

5ZbxEoe.jpg

Moderation in all things, especially abstemiousness.
sH9kIIf.jpg
Interesting way to put it. Two or three are good. I know there are better beers, but the King of Beers is an old companion. "When you say Bud, you've said it all!" Love that red, white, and blue label, too.

And that's a lovely knife. :thumbsup:

Back