Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

a123.gif
Great, next step a skull?:confused::D

.....as a weekend Viking - does all the plundering happen before so you can drink to celebrate after........or is it the drinking that gives rise to the plundering

;):D

Well, I suppose I would have to go make some enemies first but I can't imagine they will be volunteering their skulls anytime soon ;).

Started with a fine citrus IPA and a mellow cigar after I completed my chores and then I'll be settling in with a richer Brew and heartier stick.

wbehQEL.jpg

T1SQFyv.jpg

To be honest, Jack, I am not entirely certain. It was actually a gift to my wife from a friend (she is quite fond of Irish whiskey in particular). It is, however, quite good and rather smooth. I am not sure how liquor laws are in the UK but I know that it can be mail ordered here depending on which state we reside in. It goes for around $35-$45 from what I can see.

A bit of a review on it, with additional info - https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whiskey-review-writers-tears-irish-whiskey/

More of this delicious Stout for me this evening.

HUxwLgK.jpg

Thanks for the info Dylan, I'll look out for that one :thumbsup: I've noticed a lot of the 'new' Irish distilleries selling whiskey older than their establishment :rolleyes: That looks like great stout :)

A bold, formidable scotch needs a bold, formidable knife to watch over it.

ibG0o2t.jpg

Well said :) I kind of regret not picking up one of those beasts now! :D :thumbsup:

A horn full of Braggot, kicking off my weekend proper.

gYjnFkp.jpg

Wassail Dylan! :thumbsup:

Started with a fine citrus IPA and a mellow cigar after I completed my chores and then I'll be settling in with a richer Brew and heartier stick.

wbehQEL.jpg

T1SQFyv.jpg

You know how to live my friend :D :) :thumbsup:

1st one of the night. One of my all time favorite holiday brews.
View attachment 1238000

Nice Taylor :) :thumbsup:

That looks good too :) :thumbsup:

I picked up a couple of beer in a small supermarket last night. This one, I think, is almost certainly the worst beer I've ever tasted! :eek: :thumbsdown:

GoZlb0o.jpg

Thankfully, I had something to wash the vile taste away with ;) :thumbsup:

osXiKnD.jpg

I picked up a couple of beer in a small supermarket last night. This one, I think, is almost certainly the worst beer I've ever tasted! :eek: :thumbsdown:

GoZlb0o.jpg
It takes a British eccentricity to dare to pour a "Cut with peach so said beer" in a glass for the Chimay. Shocking!

However, I admire the phlegm, also very British, that you had to drink such a beverage.

Dan.

Last edited:
It takes a British eccentricity to dare to pour a "Cut with peach so said beer" in a glass for the Chimay. Shocking!

However, I admire the phlegm, also very British, that you had to drink such a beverage.

Dan.

I'm afraid I don't have any 'Rotten fake-beer peach stuff' glasses Dan, or they'd have gone in the trash with the beer! :D I really didn't imagine how disgusting it would be :eek:

Full story on how I ended up with that 'beer' is here, I promise to be more discerning in future :thumbsup:

I'm afraid I don't have any 'Rotten fake-beer peach stuff' glasses Dan, or they'd have gone in the trash with the beer! :D I really didn't imagine how disgusting it would be :eek:

Full story on how I ended up with that 'beer' is here, I promise to be more discerning in future :thumbsup:
I am sure it was disgusting, but Shiner has a beer they brew this time of year made with Texas peaches and roasted pecans. I bought some last year out of curiosity, and was surprised at how delicious it was.
2A637019-AFB3-4033-8058-CCB113325945.jpeg

Jack, thanks for the promise. Here's what you need:

36Yau5hh.jpg

I know it's always the same beer but for good reasons. This beer is supposed to have medicinal properties for pulmonary affections, articular pains and even for ingrown toenails. That's what is said ... The fact is that I'm in good shape.

Dan.

I am sure it was disgusting, but Shiner has a beer they brew this time of year made with Texas peaches and roasted pecans. I bought some last year out of curiosity, and was surprised at how delicious it was.
View attachment 1238816

That looks good Vince :) I have had Belgian fruit beers, which were really nice too. I'll try just about anything, and it's very rare I come across a beer I dislike, let alone find undrinkable o_O

Jack, thanks for the promise. Here's what you need:

36Yau5hh.jpg

I know it's always the same beer but for good reasons. This beer is supposed to have medicinal properties for pulmonary affections, articular pains and even for ingrown toenails. That's what is said ... The fact is that I'm in good shape.

Dan.

A great pic Dan :) I do like Chimay, but I think I'm going to drink some Aussie Shiraz later, and now I don't know if I should get out my Shiraz-specific Riedel glasses, or just use an old chipped mug! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Sometime you don't need to look for , they come by themselves...:(

That red sawcut (77?) is gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Too true, I'm afraid... Thank you for the compliment, my friend.

Thanks for the info Dylan, I'll look out for that one :thumbsup: I've noticed a lot of the 'new' Irish distilleries selling whiskey older than their establishment :rolleyes: That looks like great stout :)

There are certainly some interesting trends in whisky marketing these last few years. I'm not sure I've fully gotten a grasp on it all but much of it seems designed to steer attention away from the actual aging and more towards whatever else they think the masses might be interested in... I have had some decent younger whiskies but my palate is developed enough to know when a whisky is not quite "as advertised".

You know how to live my friend :D :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend. I certainly try my best but some days turn out considerably better than others. Such is life, I suppose.

A new knife with some good American whiskey that replicates an old Irish mash bill. This is a spendy bottle so conservative sipping on special occasions. Today is a new knife day so I think it warrants a fine dram :D.

xu0etOO.jpg

Back