Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I had a good local cream ale tonight, to go with buffalo wings and pizza.

XnHF5FM.jpg

I had a (slightly odd) pizza and pint in a local brew-pub for lunch :) Got chatting to the brewer, turns out that he was not only from Sheffield, but lives on the same street as I once did :thumbsup:

XSIpJhz.jpg

cNOtr5W.jpg

Jack, I hope you don't mind me cross-quoting your beer-and-pizza post from the Guardians thread (I didn't have a Lambsfoot on me, and didn't want to get reprimanded for posting a non-Lambsfoot knife over there :eek: :D). I thought I'd juxtapose your relatively healthy-looking corn and cilantro pizza with this one I enjoyed tonight. :D

iEHBeFv.jpg

Yes indeed, the SCANDALOUSLY high rate on alcohol!!! :mad: ;) :thumbsup:

I've never been to Bath either, I was going to visit last year as I have a couple of friends down that way, but I didn't quite make it :rolleyes:
shoot, this old redneck Texan has been to Bath... we stopped off there on a bus tour that included the Cotswolds and Stonehenge...
"Stairway to Heaven"....

edit: to keep with the thread theme, I had a 12yr old Glenlivet first fill, along with a Gurkha Governors this evening... for traditionals, I had the Case Swayback jack, and the GEC 74 Mustang in my watch pocket and front pocket... with the 86 Forum knife in the "cargo" pocket... didn't get pics, though.

That's a good lookin' pie, Barrett! We're going to a pizza buffet after church today with my daughter and her family, should be lovely!
I'll be packing this new to me Fantoni Dweller.

7LnjrsA.jpg

That's a pretty knife! Seems appropriate to carry an Italian knife when going out for pizza. Enjoy!

I had a good local cream ale tonight, to go with buffalo wings and pizza.

XnHF5FM.jpg

Jack, I hope you don't mind me cross-quoting your beer-and-pizza post from the Guardians thread (I didn't have a Lambsfoot on me, and didn't want to get reprimanded for posting a non-Lambsfoot knife over there :eek: :D). I thought I'd juxtapose your relatively healthy-looking corn and cilantro pizza with this one I enjoyed tonight. :D

iEHBeFv.jpg

Yours looks tastier Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

I enjoyed calling in a country pub on Saturday, for a pint of Brass Castle Hazelnut Porter, and a cheeky half of Mad Monk Imperial Stout ;) :thumbsup:

zKmEaLK.jpg

I visited a small beer-shop in a small local town at the weekend. I didn't want to have to carry more than a couple of cans, so I just got these two, cost me $10. I could have staggered round that shop blindfolded and picked better! o_O I chose the first one as I know one of the brewers. 'Dry'? Yeah, like sucking a lemon is 'dry'! Not often I find a beer so darn unlikeable, it goes down the sink :thumbsdown: Opened the second, hoping to get the rotten sour taste out of my mouth, poured flat as can be, and just tasted sickly sweet. It soon followed the first o_O

EimPEJK.jpg

H0PCCSN.jpg

I visited a small beer-shop in a small local town at the weekend. I didn't want to have to carry more than a couple of cans, so I just got these two, cost me $10. I could have staggered round that shop blindfolded and picked better! o_O I chose the first one as I know one of the brewers. 'Dry'? Yeah, like sucking a lemon is 'dry'! Not often I find a beer so darn unlikeable, it goes down the sink :thumbsdown: Opened the second, hoping to get the rotten sour taste out of my mouth, poured flat as can be, and just tasted sickly sweet. It soon followed the first o_O

EimPEJK.jpg

H0PCCSN.jpg
Bad luck. My condolences.

EimPEJK.jpg

H0PCCSN.jpg
Just stick to Guinness, Jack!

EimPEJK.jpg

H0PCCSN.jpg
All I can say is : Courage!
a632af33.png
;)

I agree with Will Power. That is a treasure to savor! I have a few old Ports, but none past the 1980s. Please let us know how it was, José.

Thank you very much, Stuart, but I have an even older, Vintage Constantino from 1966.
I repeat to you what I said to Will.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back