Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Two trappers for Tuesday, one left over from Monday - a hangover, so to speak.

k1ri5sk.jpg

- Stuart

Two trappers for Tuesday, one left over from Monday - a hangover, so to speak.

k1ri5sk.jpg

- Stuart

I've been meaning to try that Old Overholt, popular over here with the hipsters and their "mixology". It's at my local shop for about 17 bucks, might just pick some of it up. Mighty fine picture, Stuart.

Continuing on with a favorite everyday sipper this evening.

AzrQaAA.jpg

20200214-170025.jpg

The boastful Danes are claiming this Pilsener to be probably the best beer in the world ! Its a new Carlsberg to me...but I tell ya Boys...Im carving dragons,wearing my horn'd helmet and listening to ABBA.....think Im turning Danish.:D:thumbsup:

Enjoying the great pics guys :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, and I'll send you several of the crumbly corks that I remove - for old times' sake. ;) Serendipity surfaced at my house on Sunday, Jack, when a young car enthusiast friend of our son (they are in a Pontiac G8, aka Holden Commodore, club) brought me a host gift on NFL Super Bowl night. I promptly reserved it until the hoopla died down, and then a few of us sat by the outdoor fire pit with cigars and glasses. You were right - it is special. (They thought stopping the pouring for a photo was indulgent, but they indulged me. The Queen #61 and W.H. Wragg English jack, they've come to expect.)

iy0whwn.jpg

- Stuart

LOL! :D Sorry for not spotting this before Stuart, that's a nice gift :) :thumbsup:

Edit - The whisky, rather than the corks! :D :) :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to try that Old Overholt, popular over here with the hipsters and their "mixology". It's at my local shop for about 17 bucks, might just pick some of it up. Mighty fine picture, Stuart.

Thanks, Dylan. Yes, rye is the bright new thing among the smart set here, too, though it was the most popular whiskey in America for a long time (it made George Washington the largest distiller for a short time). Old Overholt is old school, not pretentious, and not precious (we get it for around $18 a fifth here, too, though I get 1.75L back up bottles for $35). When I started getting "into" Manhattans, my favorite bartender told me about Old Overholt, saying is was a good as a rye needed to be. I do like it.
- Stuart

Back