Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Your libation is a notch or two better, Bill.

Shoot.... that Dewar's 12 is a great whiskey. So is their 15... while I enjoy the occasional Islay, I find them to be too "heady" for a daily kind of thing. I save them for semi-special occasions.

I tried to find the big bottle of this good Tennessee sippin' whiskey, but had to settle for this one. :rolleyes: ... alongside my first, and most frequently used Eureka Jack. All of them get some use, but this one had a head start.

j1a7H1.jpg

Thanks, Jack, for your several kind comments. I've been oiling and fiddling of late:

BfSNkuo.jpg

- Stuart
Nice lineup, Stuart!

It's a little early for me to start "oiling" :D, but later in the day I'll be sure to raise a shot to all of us and our families. Coffee will have to do until then.

Please be safe out there!
1fhv80S.jpg

Well said - I just throw the whole thing in at the fish and clunk him on the knoggen. :D:D
I love the stuff made in Islay!

We could fish and sip together, Bill.

Putting some line on a new reel. :)
View attachment 1305511

I love the High Life, too. It has a smooth, yet present flavor.

Hmmmm. That looks interesting.

Shoot.... that Dewar's 12 is a great whiskey. So is their 15... while I enjoy the occasional Islay, I find them to be too "heady" for a daily kind of thing. I save them for semi-special occasions.

I tried to find the big bottle of this good Tennessee sippin' whiskey, but had to settle for this one. :rolleyes: ... alongside my first, and most frequently used Eureka Jack. All of them get some use, but this one had a head start.

j1a7H1.jpg

I agree on both the Dewar's and the Jack.

Nice lineup, Stuart!

Thanks, Gary. It's the small accomplishments that make my day now.
- Stuart

dantzk8 dantzk8 12 years??:eek: Surprised it didn't evaporate in that time ;) Worrying times especially because we can't leave our areas to help, but try to avoid too much worry (says he the Master Worriero_O) because it certainly can end up paralysing you. Angst Esse Seele Auf as some Germans say, Fears eat the soul. take care and courage:thumbsup:

dantzk8 dantzk8 12 years??:eek: Surprised it didn't evaporate in that time ;) Worrying times especially because we can't leave our areas to help, but try to avoid too much worry (says he the Master Worriero_O) because it certainly can end up paralysing you. Angst Esse Seele Auf as some Germans say, Fears eat the soul. take care and courage:thumbsup:

Will,

Thanks for those encouraging words. You are right, some of the whiskey has certainly evaporated, i should have drunk it before! The fact is i'm paralyzed, my wife suffers from a chronic auto immune disease, any virus is a danger for her. My brother is a male nurse in a hospital and the little he tells me lets me fear for him; he doesn't even have the most basic protective equipment, It's a mess. I am frightened but also angry at so much imperiousness. Take care all of you.

Dan.

Of course Dan, not a good situation from a worry perspective at all, all you can do is stay inside and hope. I live alone and have my own health problems- rapid loss of vision ongoing and my family is far off, but in Europe at least, all our ancestors survived 2 World Wars with immense destruction of homes&lives, civil-wars and chaos in many countries, survival against very real odds I'd say:thumbsup: I'm furious with politicos and esp grinning glossy faces on the media making a Fear Fest and seeming to enjoy it:mad: Meanwhile, health workers, supply workers and other essentials are being worked to a standstill&put at risk and the rest of us put under mass house arrest.....

Here's a ray of hope though;) Queen Teardrop in ACSB and D2- who said it doesn't patina??:rolleyes: But it doesn't impart flavour on foods like carbon can.

fpR44fz.jpg

Keen on Czech beer, and there's plenty of variety too: blondes, ale type. darks etc plenty of strength and not much gassy aspect. My favourite Bohemian Prezident is unavailable in the Alko until next Aug (and now with the halt on activity in Europe, likely longer :eek:) The one shown, Novopacké is an ale type and 6.2% is reasonable to PRUNE your thirst with:D

0hiBiv2.jpg

Last edited:
My wife ventured out for essential provisions and surprised me with a bottle of Mezcal she found at the store along with the groceries. Tried it in a Mezcal Negroni and brought out a favorite to enjoy it with. Now the Hartshead will be in my pocket for a week, no doubt. :D

KqeMu8uh.jpg

My evening repast is in celebration of the birthday of our own Jack Black (@Jack Black ). I know some will be upset that I did not gum up a fine folding knife slicing this ribeye, but I feel that Jack will cut me some slack for using a proper knife for the task. Happy Birthday, Jack! Cheers, mate!!

aHqiRHG.jpg

p.s., Yes, the cutting board was my "plate", but sautéd asparagus was added after the pic (still cooking when I took the pic).

- Stuart

My choices this evening.... good double oak Glenlivet, along with the Queen Mountain Man... I've almost got the edge where I want it on this one. I don't know where Queen drew this D2 steel down to, but it is plenty hard.... cheers to all... hoping all are safe and healthy..

jECFGe.jpg

Back