Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

UVxogMR.jpg

In keeping with my new trend of inventing world firsts ...Ive blended 2 religious festivals into 1 . Easter AND Christmas...!
Does it sound crazy to give double power to the goodwill of mankind at a time like this? Sure does.
When the only alternative is....wait for it.....
20200409-220258.jpg

easter turkey.

That IPA looks fantastic. Your Apostle P SFO looks good too! I wish he would do another run of knives!
Yeah, I'm really into this brewery now, Toppling Goliath. They put out a lot of good stuff. I love the Heartland Clip. Seems like it was very successful. I figured he would continue on with SFOs every once in a while. He certainly is a person who appreciates the details. But, I don't know about the finances involved and whether it was worth it (or what other factors may play into it).

In keeping with my new trend of inventing world firsts ...Ive blended 2 religious festivals into 1 . Easter AND Christmas...!
Does it sound crazy to give double power to the goodwill of mankind at a time like this? Sure does.
When the only alternative is....wait for it.....
20200409-220258.jpg

easter turkey.
Looks good. Is that the 81 proof? You should try the 101 proof if you haven't.

That is a good one! Dogfish Head has a similar one called American Beauty.

American Beauty and 60 Minute are my two favorite IPAs. I hope Dogfish doesn't change too much with the Sam Adams takeover. Sam's Octoberfest is my all-time favorite brew so maybe they'll all continue to be great.

Am I the only one drinking?:D;)
Had some Ka-Bar knife lover brown ale last night. Sharing the stage with a nice stag hunter made by Randy Golden.
D3BtXxW.jpg

Also did not know it existed, how do you like it? Not as strong as Guinness? ale less stronger than a stout?

Also did not know it existed, how do you like it? Not as strong as Guinness? ale less stronger than a stout?
I like it. Not as smooth as Guinness, which I like a lot, and not quite as strong as a stout.

It happens every time! I sit down for a quick shrimp & grits, only to find that I've got to get up and make another Manhattan. Being a shut-in is rough.

rqO4JVf.jpg

- Stuart
First time I had shrimp & grits was in 2009 when we were driving from Atlanta to Jekyll Island, before coming back to Texas. I decided to go to Savannah on the way for lunch. We found a wonderful cool spot (it was HOT in Georgia in June!) called Tapas by Anna. One of the dishes we ordered was shrimp & grits. Good stuff! Didn't have a Manhattan with it--probably beer.

It happens every time! I sit down for a quick shrimp & grits, only to find that I've got to get up and make another Manhattan. Being a shut-in is rough.

rqO4JVf.jpg

- Stuart

Shrimp & grits sounds (and looks) fabulous! A Manhattan doesn't sound too bad either. I used to do a lot of work in Savannah and Mobile and this was one of my go to dinner choices. Hard to find good grits in Philly.

All this talk of mix n match festivals ;) Reminds me of Christmas and having a Cold One out in the country, hope to go there next week as it's not too far off.

ml6EtrL.jpg

Also reminded me of confusion at the age of 4 or 5 one Easter. I piped up in shock, " Jesus didn't live long, born on Christmas died at Easter but he did a lot of things!" stony silence then gales of laughter from adults, I've always been odd...:D Seminal year that, I'd been prepped and told that soon I would be going to school. The big day arrived, went there then home and at dinner the family asked about it, I proudly announced I'd been there, not realizing you have to GO THERE AGAIN and AGAIN, thought it was a one off:eek::eek: My eldest brother bellowing with laughter then viciously telling me, you have to stay there until you're sixteen!! Talk about 100 to Life :(

Back