Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Teatotal:eek: Yeah right...:D

IMG_3615.jpg

I got the pictured St Olaf steak knife in a GAW from Jack a while back.
Today I received the matching caplifter, together with a view of Sheffield after Turner, and a wonderful little book on the pub signs of Sheffield.
Gx1wAORl

The big knife is in case St Olaf needs help with the brie in this chilly weather.

Last edited:
I agree...I go over my collection of knives, and wonder which one can I find a reason to use it for the day. More often than not, I will get a low maintenance folder (a stainless sodbuster, or my current infatuation, a Opinel), and say, "what can we slice today?" So I go out and buy a nice whole San Francisco Dry Salami, bake a couple of loaves of French bread, a half pound brick of provolone, and put together a high cholesterol and high fat Sunday lunch of, well, salami, cheese, bread, and a bottle of dry red wine; all inspired by my need to find use for all these knives I collect. I never had these problems when I was much younger.:(

That sounds awesome! Great way to spend a lazy evening. :thumbup:

Post up your favorite beverage with your favorite traditional knife....coffee, tea, beer, wine, milk, or the hard stuff is fine.

I can't swear either the beverage or the knife are my absolute favorite, but certainly the Sam Adams Cream Stout and the Vic Electrician are in my top five in their respective categories!

TvAoh3rl.jpg

- GT

I got the pictured St Olaf steak knife in a GAW from Jack a while back.
Today I received the matching caplifter, together with a view of Sheffield after Turner, and a wonderful little book on the pub signs of Sheffield.
Gx1wAORl

The big knife is in case St Olaf needs help with the brie in this chilly weather.

Sorry for missing this until now Jer, hope you and St Olaf have a great weekend :D :thumbup:

Thanks. No doubt we will. I hope to have a completed shed to celebrate. And if not, I'll have more misery to drown.

Nice pic, good looking knife. I also love the design on those bottle caps (another thing that I collect). Haven't seen that one before, though I haven't purchased Budweiser in I don't know how long.

I'm too lazy to get up and find a better spot for a picture. I have a Yuengling in my homemade leather coozie and my black linen bullnose that hasn't left my pocket since I got it.

Great place! Been there.:thumbup:

It's right down the street from where I work, so we're there pretty often, especially on Friday afternoons. Their beers are pretty good, the food's great, and this time of year it's perfect to sit outside.

The smell of panchetta and onions in the Le Creuset, and one of my favorite seasonal beers from Whitefish, MT. All of the hops are local from the Flathead valley. Menefee Made trapper in 154cm and Sambar stag, Sambar stag and maple burl cap lifter made by Vince,

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back