Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

This thread seems busy at the moment :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

You do like variety, Jack! :thumbsup:

Just as well Vince! :D During the early days of the lockdown here, until last week I was struggling to get beer delivered, and had to order several 'variety pack' cases, hence all the different beers. Having said that, a few of those beers, I managed to get hold of in lots of 12 or 24 ;) :thumbsup:

YQelVxT.jpg

Ok, the GAW is over, and the results are in!

The most popular guess (with four guesses) was the Weller Special Reserve. Sorry, fellas. It wasn’t the Weller.

Maker’s, Buffalo Trace, Dickel and Four Roses were also popular with three guesses each. Well, it wasn’t any of those, either.

None of the Scotches received more than one vote, but that’s ok, because it wasn’t a Scotch.

No, the whiskey I was drinking was…

M509Kcj.jpg

The Elijah Craig Small Batch! Pretty good stuff, too, especially for just over $20 a bottle.

We had two guesses for Elijah Craig: Georgecatl Georgecatl and 5K Qs 5K Qs . When I started this, I said I’d do a drawing to choose a winner if there were multiple correct guesses. And if it had been, say, the Weller, I would’ve stuck to that. But two guesses is only slightly more than one guess, so why don’t we just double the prize. I’ll extend both of y’all’s Gold Memberships… right after I fix myself another drink (and figure out how to gift a Gold Membership). ;) :D

Thanks to everyone who participated! Cheers!

Very generous Barrett, that's a nice bar :) Maybe I should do something like that with my bottles instead of just jamming them in a cupboard :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Great lineup Jack Black Jack Black

Today a nice Double IPA from Track7
5aEyFpm.jpg

My good friend who owns a winery dropped me off 3 different types of wine. All of the red variety. I'm not a huge wine fan but I may dabble....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Taylor, that looks very tasty my friend :) :thumbsup:

Ok, the GAW is over, and the results are in!
The Elijah Craig Small Batch! Pretty good stuff, too, especially for just over $20 a bottle.
We had two guesses for Elijah Craig: Georgecatl Georgecatl and 5K Qs 5K Qs . When I started this, I said I’d do a drawing to choose a winner if there were multiple correct guesses. And if it had been, say, the Weller, I would’ve stuck to that. But two guesses is only slightly more than one guess, so why don’t we just double the prize. I’ll extend both of y’all’s Gold Memberships… right after I fix myself another drink (and figure out how to gift a Gold Membership). ;) :D

Thanks Barrett :thumbsup:. I enjoyed perusing your bar selections--nice set-up :D

Very generous Barrett, that's a nice bar :) Maybe I should do something like that with my bottles instead of just jamming them in a cupboard :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! :thumbsup: Unfortunately that was just a temporary setup, for the GAW, and mostly done out of boredom and an abundance of time on my hands. :D The bottles in the back row are all sitting on stacks of books so you could see their labels in the photo (the Eagle Rare was perched on three decks of playing cards on top of a stack of books :eek:). And we actually use the desk, so the display was short-lived, and the bottles have all gone back to their homes. :D

Thanks, Jack! :thumbsup: Unfortunately that was just a temporary setup, for the GAW, and mostly done out of boredom and an abundance of time on my hands. :D The bottles in the back row are all sitting on stacks of books so you could see their labels in the photo (the Eagle Rare was perched on three decks of playing cards on top of a stack of books :eek:). And we actually use the desk, so the display was short-lived, and the bottles have all gone back to their homes. :D

It doesn't take much to fool me mate! :D ;) :thumbsup:

No, the whiskey I was drinking was…

Very generous of you to double the prize, Barrett! :):cool::cool:
Congrats to Georgecatl Georgecatl for his correct guess! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Fun GAW in which to participate, even though I might have had an unfair advantage with my encyclopedic knowledge of all things whisk(e)y related along with my obviously superior familiarity with Barrett's tastes! :rolleyes:o_O

I had one of these with my lunch today. This is one of my favorite porters, but it's a seasonal brew that seems to usually be around from Thanksgiving until Valentine's Day. :( This year, for reasons I don't know, it's still available in May, and that makes this pandemic society slightly easier to cope with!
stagMZ.snovanport.jpg

- GT

Y0h3uHRh.jpg

Enjoying a Green Flash West Coast IPA with my pocket companion of the day while I wait for the charcoal chimney (off screen; stage left) to do its thing.

I hope everyone's finding something enjoyable about the weekend. Stay safe, everyone. :thumbsup:
Great stuff!!!

btb01 btb01 Thanks for the fun GAW, Barrett. Here's to you.

CpGY3tb.jpg

- Stuart

Wow Stuart! :eek: I'll just pick my jaw back up off the floor! :eek: Just incredible :cool: :thumbsup:

Had to put the extra-pointy punch on my 2016 BF knife to work so I could enjoy a little tequila this afternoon. The weather here the last few days has been fantastic. :cool: :thumbsup:

omDy3eX.jpg

Hate it when that happens (not least because it usually happens when I have company, and have already had a few)! o_O Looks like you were well on top of it Barrett :thumbsup:

Few from the last few days ;) :thumbsup:

ARvZSSM.jpg

Dqvw7QL.jpg

rZbbWd3.jpg

xbjp3ua.jpg

od4VNdf.jpg

XrVWC1u.jpg

mzbaGey.jpg

H0zTzRs.jpg

wFy8apZ.jpg

Back