Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I just finished a little yard work, and am treating myself to a lovely new brew. Caramelly, but with enough hops to keep it from being sappy.
You must try this one if you can find it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

XXp0QTy.jpg

I bought this Incarnation IPA because I liked the art work on the can, it's actually pretty good.
Half way through the 6 pack and only 1/4 of the way through the mushroom (which looks kinda phallic) I learned a few lessons.
1. I need to learn to sharpen better.
2. An easy mushroom ain't so easy if you have no experience and minimal sharpening skills.
3. One six pack isn't going to cut it.
4. That little blade on the pocket carver is sweet.
5. Time flies when your whittling.
6. Dont trust your google search when you type in 30 minute easy whittling project for beginners.
7. My old fingers ain't no good.
8. This whittling thing might be pretty cool.
aEN4JGZ.jpg

5. Time flies when your whittling.

I do see what you mean but having thought more than twice about this feeling i would rather say it's a moment of eternity.
Nice knife and anyway it looks like a mushroom, so, good work.

Dan

Usually on sunday 4pm I 'd be supporting my team, but no game until???:(
A beer for solace, a stack up mug like in the stadium's good ole' days, with my favorite player, Pascal Papé, several times nat. team captain now retired, tall as a lock has to, rough on the ground, prompt to pull the pin (there's even a song we used to sing then), soft as a kitten in everyday life.
At rugby they're near zero, but for beer, those Belgians sure got the knack!

15BS_GuldenDraaak.jpg

just for the fun :

Usually on sunday 4pm I 'd be supporting my team, but no game until???:(
A beer for solace, a stack up mug like in the stadium's good ole' days, with my favorite player, Pascal Papé, several times nat. team captain now retired, tall as a lock has to, rough on the ground, prompt to pull the pin (there's even a song we used to sing then), soft as a kitten in everyday life.
At rugby they're near zero, but for beer, those Belgians sure got the knack!

View attachment 1337647

just for the fun :

That’s a bummer! :( Maybe these pics of Eleanor wearing the Stade Français shirt you sent her will help brighten your day a bit! ;)

QtYDgzi.jpg

pEUfnXK.jpg

(Hard to believe those pics are from almost three years ago!) :eek:

I’m not drinking today — currently have to be ready to drive at a moment’s notice — so here’s a recycled B-n-B pic: pints at The Raven in Bath.

sVB8L4W.jpg

K0ET405.jpg

That’s a bummer! :( Maybe these pics of Eleanor wearing the Stade Français shirt you sent her will help brighten your day a bit! ;)

QtYDgzi.jpg

pEUfnXK.jpg

I’m not drinking today — currently have to be ready to drive at a moment’s notice — so here’s a recycled B-n-B pic: pints at The Raven in Bath.

sVB8L4W.jpg

K0ET405.jpg
Wonderful photos Barrett! Your Eleanor just made me smile! :thumbsup: :D

QtYDgzi.jpg

pEUfnXK.jpg

sVB8L4W.jpg

K0ET405.jpg
Beautiful daughter. I've got a granddaughter named Eleanor about the same age. Great beer pic, too!

QtYDgzi.jpg

pEUfnXK.jpg

sVB8L4W.jpg

K0ET405.jpg
I remember these pictures well, they are wonderful! Time flies!
The Brit pictures also recall another excellent souvenir! You really made my day! :)

Tomorrow I'll stay home again, even if containment is reduced. I fear it's like they unleash the hounds...:eek: (no bar opening anyway!)

PUXVVRZ.jpg

The first one I shook. Will try stirring for the second.
Cheers!

Edit: the second one (stirred) was less cloudy. Tastes about the same. Maybe a smidgen better. I'll stir from now on.
w2vCOsn.jpg

Interesting experiment Vince, I've always wondered if it made any difference :thumbsup:

(No mate, you look like you need to learn to say 'Please'!)

Great photo Dylan, that's a beautiful Puukko :thumbsup:

Just got finished putting in a dozen chili plants and other assorted veggies. Enjoying a beer with my supervisor and the knives that helped out.

uDrj8SRh.jpg

Nice pic Greg :) :thumbsup:

QtYDgzi.jpg

pEUfnXK.jpg

sVB8L4W.jpg

K0ET405.jpg

Cool pics Barrett, I used to drink in a pub in Sheffield called The Raven. Great pub, but sadly, it didn't make it into the 1980's :( :thumbsup:

Having a beer in the garden the other night :) I've been drinking a lot of this ZapataPale as I bought £100's worth of my mate who brews it :D :thumbsup:

dCNudYk.jpg

Mixing in lots of other beers though, as I've been buying in bulk ;)

On2ZxNg.jpg

pZPZrZx.jpg

PrACEqT.jpg

uZoaPu7.jpg

1BpbubM.jpg

RjUxL99.jpg

z43AFPJ.jpg

zT4kZOQ.jpg

Last edited:
Dylan,

If you don't mind, what is the lighter under the cigars? Your puukko...

Dan.

My apologies for the late response, Dan. It's a good question regarding the lighter - I think I found it on one of the big retail sites and the reviews were good enough that I went ahead and ordered it. The brand name is Kuboy (I don't know much beyond that, to be frank). It takes Zippo fuel, flints and such and due to its enclosed design, it doesn't evaporate nearly as fast as a typical Zippo does.

Here is a better pic of it.

50mvpoO.jpg

Doesn't get much better than that, Dylan! Mind telling a bit about that puukko? It's gorgeous!

Just got finished putting in a dozen chili plants and other assorted veggies. Enjoying a beer with my supervisor and the knives that helped out.

uDrj8SRh.jpg

Thank you, Greg! Your pup is a handsome devil - the knives and beverage are not too shabby either.

The puukko is made by Tommi Mäkelä and fitted with a forged 80Crv2 blade, made by Saku Honkilahti. The handle is Bog Oak with nickel-silver and white coriander fittings. I'm pretty taken with it, it wears on the belt nicely in a traditional leather covered birch sheath.

Great photo Dylan, that's a beautiful Puukko :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! Fine pics of your blade and beverage pairings - you must tell me more about that Old Engine Oil.

This combo for me this evening - both the fixed blade and the whiskey were made in Montana.

f0AzPEz.jpg

Thank you, Jack! Fine pics of your blade and beverage pairings - you must tell me more about that Old Engine Oil.

This combo for me this evening - both the fixed blade and the whiskey were made in Montana.

f0AzPEz.jpg

Thank you Dylan, the Old Engine Oil was very enjoyable, thick and dark, as the name suggests :) I spent £300 on beer, mainly mixed cases, and only got 2 stouts! :( Cool offerings from montana my friend, and your WCLF looks wonderful, as always :) Great pic :thumbsup:

Taylor, that photo is just amazing :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Very nice JP :) :thumbsup:

IzjVokU.jpg

Back