Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Bnr6zZS.jpg

I saw that at the store the other day and was tempted. Guess I should've let it fall into the cart?

Nice Beer Scout Knife, too. :thumbsup:
Thanks. Undoubtedly my most carried knife. The brew was fantastic and glad I picked it up! I would snag a 6 pack.

As you can see, Miss Norma and I have been fans of syrah/petite sirah wines for a while, and fans of J. Lohr wines. We picked this up during a 1978 tour of her home state of California before our eventual nuptials in June of 1979. We've had great luck with syrah/petite sirah longevity and this one did not disappoint. After 44 years (42 years after bottling), it still had balanced body - fading but fine fruit, fading tannin, very light alcohol finish. The UNFILTERED neck label (which I had to edit out for space) is correct - I had to use an old "gold mesh" coffee filter to assure a clean quaff. If you look at the bottle above the label, you can see a cloak of sediment. I was careful not to spill any on one of the Miller Bros. grafting knives that I was totin' today.

5zVuPy8.jpg

- Stuart

As you can see, Miss Norma and I have been fans of syrah/petite sirah wines for a while, and fans of J. Lohr wines. We picked this up during a 1978 tour of her home state of California before our eventual nuptials in June of 1979. We've had great luck with syrah/petite sirah longevity and this one did not disappoint. After 44 years (42 years after bottling), it still had balanced body - fading but fine fruit, fading tannin, very light alcohol finish. The UNFILTERED neck label (which I had to edit out for space) is correct - I had to use an old "gold mesh" coffee filter to assure a clean quaff. If you look at the bottle above the label, you can see a cloak of sediment. I was careful not to spill any on one of the Miller Bros. grafting knives that I was totin' today.

5zVuPy8.jpg

- Stuart
Awesome story!!
I wish I would've saved a bottle from my Honeymoon.

Back