Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I have a bottle of Weller Special Reserve that I put in a vintage decanter that my brother gifted me.

I'm ready for the weekend.

SNH9tQo.jpg

Heck of a beer day!!! Had a beer trade with @Jake Dudley. There was one more beer but I got to excited and took a pic. Prester John Prester John 5K Qs 5K Qs how's my Octoberfest supply?

MAKt85P.jpg

BG9D9Yq.jpg

7i77pp2.jpg
Great Oktoberfest supply, Taylor. :thumbsup:
Sorry for the Shiner, don't hold that low quality beer against us Texans
Shiner is a good beer, and better then any IPA I've ever tasted (and I have tried maybe 30 different ones). Give me a Shiner Bock any day. Drinking some Spaten Oktoberfest as I write this.
ptxlIwS.jpg

I'm going to attempt to rank all these brews by the end of the weekend.

Round 1....this is a crisp Octoberfest Bier that is easy sipper on a warm fall afternoon.

I like it. Not super malted like American styles that I have had in the past.

The BSK performance was through the roof. 60% of the time it works every time.
0qxKB1U.jpg

Shiner is a good beer, and better then any IPA I've ever tasted (and I have tried maybe 30 different ones). Give me a Shiner Bock any day. Drinking some Spaten Oktoberfest as I write this.
ptxlIwS.jpg
I'm just not a fan of a beer made poplar by UT frat boys with nothing better to do than waste mommy and daddy's money drinking cheap beer and waiting for a chicken to poop on a number. I'll take a Saint Arnold's or Rahr over a Shiner but I would prefer a Real Ale, Community, or Peticolas.

I'm just not a fan of a beer made poplar by UT frat boys with nothing better to do than waste mommy and daddy's money drinking cheap beer and waiting for a chicken to poop on a number. I'll take a Saint Arnold's or Rahr over a Shiner but I would prefer a Real Ale, Community, or Peticolas.
I know nothing about t.u. frat boys. Been drinking Shiner Bock off and on for decades. I keep drinking it because I like it. And I like it better than most of the craft beers I've tried. I used to like Lone Star Beer when it was made in San Antonio. What is sold under the name now is very different. Favorite American beers are Anchor Steam, Samuel Adams, Brooklyn Lager. I love Guinness, Chimay, Samuel Smith, and most German beers I have tried. Best Mexican beer for me is Modelo Negra. We all have different tastes, and I am glad so many options are available, but I happen to like Shiner Bock.

I know nothing about t.u. frat boys. Been drinking Shiner Bock off and on for decades. I keep drinking it because I like it. And I like it better than most of the craft beers I've tried. I used to like Lone Star Beer when it was made in San Antonio. What is sold under the name now is very different. Favorite American beers are Anchor Steam, Samuel Adams, Brooklyn Lager. I love Guinness, Chimay, Samuel Smith, and most German beers I have tried. Best Mexican beer for me is Modelo Negra. We all have different tastes, and I am glad so many options are available, but I happen to like Shiner Bock.
I drink anything and everything as you can see. I don't judge. I look at it like knives, it's something I enjoy and should be fun. I don't care what anyone drinks or carries. Not a knife snob or beer snob. Just an aficionado.

I drink anything and everything as you can see. I don't judge. I look at it like knives, it's something I enjoy and should be fun. I don't care what anyone drinks or carriers. Not a knife snob or beer snob. Just an aficionado.
That's it exactly. I drink what I like and let others drink what they like. My making fun of some of your choices is all in fun, Taylor! :p

I just wish that Shiner would sale the Kosmos outside the family pack.

I drink anything and everything as you can see. I don't judge. I look at it like knives, it's something I enjoy and should be fun. I don't care what anyone drinks or carries. Not a knife snob or beer snob. Just an aficionado.
Same here. I just went to the store intending to pick up some Oktoberfest but didn't walk out with one. Ended up getting a can of Vermont Sticky Maple and a bottle of gulden draak 9000 quadruple. I have no idea which one I want to go with tonight.

Heck of a beer day!!! Had a beer trade with @Jake Dudley. There was one more beer but I got to excited and took a pic. Prester John Prester John 5K Qs 5K Qs how's my Octoberfest supply?
BG9D9Yq.jpg

Looks like you're sitting pretty regarding Oktoberfest, Taylor!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
I've had the Warsteiner, Hacker Pschorr, and Paulaner (which I'd rank in that order), but haven't ever tried the other imports you picked up; I'm envious!! :rolleyes: I probably like the Leinenkugels Oktoberfest better than any of the 3 imports I listed; it's definitely one of my favorites, although I think I like Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest even more. I haven't ever seen Shiner's version. I enjoyed a couple of posts with your reactions to some of these as you tried them, and look forward to more of your mini reviews. I think our rankings won't correlate too well, but that's OK; I'm a malty kind of guy, and I get the impression you're not. :p:thumbsup::cool:

(I picked up a 15-pack of Founders Oktoberfest when I bought groceries this week. I've only tried one can so far, but it seemed pretty good. Not enough data yet for me to compare it to some of my other usual American-brewed Oktoberfest selections.)

- GT

I just wish that Shiner would sale the Kosmos outside the family pack.

Same here. I just went to the store intending to pick up some Oktoberfest but didn't walk out with one. Ended up getting a can of Vermont Sticky Maple and a bottle of gulden draak 9000 quadruple. I have no idea which one I want to go with tonight.
Sounds good to me!!

Looks like you're sitting pretty regarding Oktoberfest, Taylor!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
I've had the Warsteiner, Hacker Pschorr, and Paulaner (which I'd rank in that order), but haven't ever tried the other imports you picked up; I'm envious!! :rolleyes: I probably like the Leinenkugels Oktoberfest better than any of the 3 imports I listed; it's definitely one of my favorites, although I think I like Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest even more. I haven't ever seen Shiner's version. I enjoyed a couple of posts with your reactions to some of these as you tried them, and look forward to more of your mini reviews. I think our rankings won't correlate too well, but that's OK; I'm a malty kind of guy, and I get the impression you're not. :p:thumbsup::cool:

(I picked up a 15-pack of Founders Oktoberfest when I bought groceries this week. I've only tried one can so far, but it seemed pretty good. Not enough data yet for me to compare it to some of my other usual American-brewed Oktoberfest selections.)

- GT
GT! I am excited to try some more of them! So far my favorite it definitely my Sierra Nevada Octoberfest. Hard to beat!

Back