Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

3rd Octoberfest of the night. Probably the least favorite so far. It is a Hefe-Octoberfest, as you can see it's pretty hazy. Fruity, with a lacy head of foam. Not terrible but not my favorite.

Beer and Sausage again performed great. I'm really enjoying the micarta version as it has the best walk and talk of the two I own.
hjMzNyE.jpg

Last edited:
4th beer in the Octoberfest tour. This one is the best outta the 4 so far! More to what I am used to for an Octoberfest. This brew is nice and malty. Closer to that golden brown color as well. Two thumbs up!!

Again, B&SK cracked the top like a champ! Prost!

TeUrtHQ.jpg

Cracked the Shiner Octoberfest. First of the couple of American Brewed Octoberfest brews. This one is decent. Definitely not better in my opinion of the couple of German options I picked up. This is malty, sweet, reminds me of eating a muffin. Lacey foam, crisp. Not bad.

This is gonna be hard to rank these brews.
IGf7nIR.jpg

Cracked the Shiner Octoberfest. First of the couple of American Brewed Octoberfest brews. This one is decent. Definitely not better in my opinion of the couple of German options I picked up. This is malty, sweet, reminds me of eating a muffin. Lacey foam, crisp. Not bad.

This is gonna be hard to rank these brews.
IGf7nIR.jpg
Agreed. Bought some Shiner Oktoberfest myself today. Decent, but I'll take a Spaten from Munich any day. Or a Paulaner.

This is a local to me beer. So I was excited. It's also in a can so I was interested to see how it poured. This was more in line with the German style Octoberfest. It looks like a lager. Taste is crisp. No foam but small bubbles. Pretty good I might say! Almost identical to it's german counterparts in color. Pretty tasty too. Bravo Revision!! The can art is very cool too.

Didn't need a bottle opener so my @Jack Black SFO Barlow came for the ride!
wxeBwid.jpg

Last edited:
Last of the American Octoberfest brews in my taste tour. DANG this is good!!! I mean it's malty and it's not like it's German cousins but this is dang good!!! It definitely is high in the rank! Wow. I'm impressed.

I brought in my Beer Scout even though it was a twist off. It completed the job easily like it has hundreds of times! 5K Qs 5K Qs or Prester John Prester John have you tried this one?!
PXL_20201002_235855248._exported_1601683981249.jpg

Last of the American Octoberfest brews in my taste tour. DANG this is good!!! I mean it's malty and it's not like it's German cousins but this is dang good!!! It definitely is high in the rank! Wow. I'm impressed.

I brought in my Beer Scout even though it was a twist off. It completed the job easily like it has hundreds of times! 5K Qs 5K Qs or Prester John Prester John have you tried this one?!
View attachment 1430323
I bet Gary has. I've never had a Leinenkugel beer. Will have to look for it.

Last but not least....the Hofbräu Oktoberfestbier....this is a GREAT bier!! Holy cow this knocked me off my stool. This stuff is goooooooood!!!
v7HJDNa.jpg

That will be the conclusion of my Octoberfest beer tour! Here's how I ranked them! The farthest left beer being #1 and ranking down as they go.

Drum roll please......

PJAKzzq.jpg

Thanks for joining me! Or sorry for annoying the crap outta you guys and gals.

View attachment 1430323
Taylor, I usually find the Leinie Oktoberfest for sale in early August when we vacation in Northern Michigan, and try to have some in the fridge all the way to Thanksgiving. Then I can soon find some Leinie Snowdrift Vanilla Porter and keep that on hand until they stop selling it in February or March. Their next seasonal beer is probably Leinie Summer Shandy, but that one (I think it's beer and lemonade) does nothing for me.
leinie.oktfest.imp.BSA.white.jpg
stagMZ.snovanport.jpg

- GT

Back