Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Last but not least....the Hofbräu Oktoberfestbier....this is a GREAT bier!! Holy cow this knocked me off my stool. This stuff is goooooooood!!!
v7HJDNa.jpg

That will be the conclusion of my Octoberfest beer tour! Here's how I ranked them! The farthest left beer being #1 and ranking down as they go.

Drum roll please......

PJAKzzq.jpg

Thanks for joining me! Or sorry for annoying the crap outta you guys and gals.
Thanks for sharing your taste tests and opinions of the Festbiers, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Where would your Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest fit into your line-up?
sierranevada.oktfest.CJ.jpg

- GT

I think it was be behind the Leininkugels I have a couple of those left in the beer fridge that I am gonna sip on!
Thanks for the info, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool:
I may tell my wife that I have to do a Leinie/Sierra Nevada side-by-side taste test this evening (all in the name of science, of course ;)). I also have cans of Founders Oktoberfest downstairs that I should maybe include in the taste tests. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

- GT

Thanks for the info, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool:
I may tell my wife that I have to do a Leinie/Sierra Nevada side-by-side taste test this evening (all in the name of science, of course ;)). I also have cans of Founders Oktoberfest downstairs that I should maybe include in the taste tests. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

- GT
Let me know!!! I really liked the Leinie!! I was impressed.

Speaking of OF's..... here's one from a local brewery, run by a guy whose family has a heritage of brewing beer in Germany... Franconia. Most of his beers are really good... this OF sort of let me down a bit. It's good, but not REALLY good, if you know what I mean. Still, it's good that he's finally bottling beer. He used to say he wouldn't bottle until the US came up with a good recycling program. He would sell in refrigerator sized boxes, and kegs/pony kegs.... Guess he gave up on that happening, and is bottling now.
His lager is VERY nice...

01CDi2.jpg

It's nice Ginger Beer that, think the name would be met with mirth and enthusiasm in Brazil..;)

Not bad if you fancy a Kentucky Mule either :thumbsup:

3rd Octoberfest of the night. Probably the least favorite so far. It is a Hefe-Octoberfest, as you can see it's pretty hazy. Fruity, with a lacy head of foam. Not terrible but not my favorite.

Beer and Sausage again performed great. I'm really enjoying the micarta version as it has the best walk and talk of the two I own.
hjMzNyE.jpg

......dig your single-handed pursuit of beers n knives :thumbsup::D

In our neck o' the woods, Erdinger has probably one of the best low alc beers going.............for the occasional 'day off' ;)

this was my yesterday afternoon sip. New to me, a Leinie Harvest Patch Shandy... it has a citrusy, almost grapefruity edge to it. Different, but I think I like it. More research is needed... :cool:
I was prepared, but surprised to find it had a twist off top....

ADWE1yt.jpg

this was my yesterday afternoon sip. New to me, a Leinie Harvest Patch Shandy... it has a citrusy, almost grapefruity edge to it. Different, but I think I like it. More research is needed... :cool:
I was prepared, but surprised to find it had a twist off top....

ADWE1yt.jpg
Interesting brew!

Back