Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

A New York Rye for me this evening.

MQS838u.jpg

X3g3nty.jpg

1940s vintage Dr.Pepper, late 1940s( ? ) Camillus scout. Bottle says good for life, lets find out....

Kidding, Dr.Pepper belongs to my boss, she'd kill me
"Give me the unusual." Remember those commercials? I love Dr. Pepper, a Texas drink older than Coca-Cola. Still like Coke best. Have some old bottles but ain't opening them. Only drink the ones with cane sugar. Think I'll buy me a Coke or Dr. Pepper tomorrow. Getting thirsty!

viFj7uU.jpg

60th birthday today. Do my kids know me or what? Will be pouring some a little later tonight....
Happy Birthday, looks like you made quite the sweep with the whiskey. Sometimes I envy someone who can enjoy a fine bit of whiskey. I learned I have absolutely no self control years ago. The last bender I had was about 20 years ago.We started out "taste testing" a bottle of WildTurkey Rare Breed my bro-in-law bought, it ended with us drinking a gallon of cheap vodka from a plastic jug. (Ugh! Cheap vodka :thumbsdown::poop: ) But I'll raise a glass of Dr.Pepper in a toast to long life and many years of happiness :cool::thumbsup:

Happy Birthday, looks like you made quite the sweep with the whiskey. Sometimes I envy someone who can enjoy a fine bit of whiskey. I learned I have absolutely no self control years ago. The last bender I had was about 20 years ago.We started out "taste testing" a bottle of WildTurkey Rare Breed my bro-in-law bought, it ended with us drinking a gallon of cheap vodka from a plastic jug. (Ugh! Cheap vodka :thumbsdown::poop: ) But I'll raise a glass of Dr.Pepper in a toast to long life and many years of happiness :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, David. My wife helps me with the "self control." I mentioned this afternoon that I was going to have a shot of whisky, and she said, "Already? You always drink too much when [our son] is here." So I refrained! Had just a little when my son came over, and sipping a little slowly now.
I'll look for a Dr. Pepper tomorrow.

viFj7uU.jpg

60th birthday today. Do my kids know me or what? Will be pouring some a little later tonight....

Thank you, David. My wife helps me with the "self control." I mentioned this afternoon that I was going to have a shot of whisky, and she said, "Already? You always drink too much when [our son] is here." So I refrained! Had just a little when my son came over, and sipping a little slowly now.
I'll look for a Dr. Pepper tomorrow.

Happy birthday Vince.

About the way i see "self control": a little bit every day. Every day, consistently.

Dan.

Nod oubt you have an Happy Birthday! ;)
ps the cardboard tube around the bottle is not to be used as a glass! :rolleyes::D

One for each 20 years :cool:

I'll take the centre one please :D

Happy birthday Vince.

About the way i see "self control": a little bit every day. Every day, consistently.

Dan.

Happy birthday, Vince! Looks like you are set for a good one! I like Laphroaig, but just not every day. The Islays are a little intense for me for every day.. some days definitely call for it, though... :cool:
Thanks, everyone. And there were some leftover steaks. Filet mignon again tonight!

Back