Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Found this on a trip to Florida.
ykjzK9h.jpg
I non rev so i only do carry on which means no knife. So here is my favorite GEC
SHNIF0V.jpg

Rail, if there is ever a bourbon drinking contest, my money’s on you! 😉👍
It’s the first time I’ve been able to have one, and it is good. My mom had them waiting for me when I arrived.
What a great mom, hope you let her have a least one! 😄🍺
Found this on a trip to Florida.
ykjzK9h.jpg
I non rev so i only do carry on which means no knife. So here is my favorite GEC
SHNIF0V.jpg
Great knife, be interested in hearing what you think of the Basil Hayden’s. 😊

Rail, if there is ever a bourbon drinking contest, my money’s on you! 😉👍

What a great mom, hope you let her have a least one! 😄🍺

Great knife, be interested in hearing what you think of the Basil Hayden’s. 😊
Its good, a little sweeter than I thought it would be. The port really cuts the edge of the rye, not too sure how I like that. I like the burn and spice of a rye. I would say its a good after dinner whiskey. I have tried mixing bourbon and port before but it didn't turn out as good as the Basil Hayden's rye.

Its good, a little sweeter than I thought it would be. The port really cuts the edge of the rye, not too sure how I like that. I like the burn and spice of a rye. I would say its a good after dinner whiskey. I have tried mixing bourbon and port before but it didn't turn out as good as the Basil Hayden's rye.

I’m definitely not a whiskey connoisseur, but I was interested to know how the sweet would work with the spicy. Thanks for your thoughts Mitt.👍

I've discovered a few favorites but as a newbie to whisky in general, I have a question for anybody that might know the answer. Are there more types of whisky besides Bourbon, Scotch, and Irish Whiskey? I never know the correct way to spell Whisk(e)y but I'm ready to try something a little different.

Knife content:
IMG_5884.JPG

Redbreast and a Railsplitter.

View attachment 1580954

You can go wrong with neither Redbreast nor a Railsplitter. Well done. :D

I've discovered a few favorites but as a newbie to whisky in general, I have a question for anybody that might know the answer. Are there more types of whisky besides Bourbon, Scotch, and Irish Whiskey? I never know the correct way to spell Whisk(e)y but I'm ready to try something a little different.

Knife content:
View attachment 1581072

Yup, there are. There is also whisk(e)y from Canada and Japan. There’s also range of American whiskey to explore beyond Bourbon. I like a variety of rye whiskeys (Bulleit Rye is my go-to mixer and also enjoyable straight; Jefferson's Reserve Rye and Whistle Pig are two favorite splurges at different price points) and Stranahan’s Colorado whiskey is also worth trying.

The world of whisk(e)y is just like those Bökers: a lot of variety to enjoy and contrast while still having enough similarity to be able to recognize them as all being part of the same family.

I’m sure we have some experts here who can say more. I’m just someone who enjoys trying them. :D

For now, though, it’s coffee with the rare treat of homemade whipped cream:

LDIZUjyh.jpg

Hoping to put spend some time tuning the edge on this recently arrived JK Knives JK Knives Hiker’s Backup today and perhaps also templating a sheath for it.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, everyone.

Last edited:
You can go wrong with neither Redbreast nor a Railsplitter. Well done. :D

Yup, there are. There is also whisk(e)y from Canada and Japan. There’s also range of American whiskey to explore beyond Bourbon. I like a variety of rye whiskeys (Bulleit Rye is my go-to mixer and also enjoyable straight; Jefferson's Reserve Rye and Whistle Pig are two favorite splurges at different price points) and Stranahan’s Colorado whiskey is also worth trying.

The world of whisk(e)y is just like those Bökers: a lot of variety to enjoy and contrast while still having enough similarity to be able to recognize them as all being part of the same family.

I’m sure we have some experts here who can say more. I’m just someone who enjoys trying them. :D

For now, though, it’s coffee with the rare treat of homemade whipped cream:

LDIZUjyh.jpg

Hoping to put spend some time tuning the edge on this recently arrived JK Knives JK Knives Hiker’s Backup today and perhaps also templating a sheath for it.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, everyone.
Thank you, Greg!

Wow! I had no idea there was Stan Musial beer (or bat mugs); very cool! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(I think Musial is underrated, if that makes sense for a first-ballot hall of Fame player.)

- GT
I think it’s been out in the STL area for a couple years. Definitely agree on Musial, maybe if he had been in a bigger market who knows. At least he’s appreciated where he played though

Wow! I had no idea there was Stan Musial beer (or bat mugs); very cool! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(I think Musial is underrated, if that makes sense for a first-ballot hall of Fame player.)

- GT
👍😉👍
I think it’s been out in the STL area for a couple years. Definitely agree on Musial, maybe if he had been in a bigger market who knows. At least he’s appreciated where he played though
Around here, he is “Stan the Man!” 😎👍

My set up for the evening. I’d recommend this one to anyone that likes their bourbon sweet. Butterscotch dominates for me. And, go for the 100 proof, it isn’t hot like you think it might be. Also, you can probably pick this up for less then $30. 👍6C592A89-8B90-433C-974D-EED79A853BA5.jpeg

Back