• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Beware Blade Shop Scam

On November 9th, I ordered two knives from The Blade Shop that were advertised to be in stock. When they didn't ship by November 12th, I cancelled the order and received this message:

"They are on backorder, so per your request, I have cancelled your order and requested a refund to your card. It usually takes about 10-14 business days before you see the credit. Again, I apologize, we hope to do business with you in the future."

For three months, I have been trying without success to get them to refund the charge to my credit card. When contacted, they don't respond, or they respond with a vague assurance that they are dealing with the problem. This message, which I received on February 3rd, is typical:

"I have given this to my supervisor to contact billing directly to see what the hold up is and have them send a manual credit to your credit card. I do apologize for the delay."

Last night, I did some research on the web (Google "The Blade Shop") and found many, many similar complaints. So, it appears that my experience with The Blade Shop is not unique.

I phoned my credit card company last night and reported the problem, and the credit card company agreed to reverse the charge within 48 to 72 hours and referred me the their Credit Card Fraud Department.

If you have had a similar problem with The Blade Shop, I would like to hear about it.

thanks for the warning. they wo'nt be getting any of my business.this is a great plus from forum members.thanks again dennis.

It's very useful to look at the Feedback section of the forum to see what experiences people have with online dealers.

Before you order.

blade shop/tactical gun armory still owes me a $20 refund on a card...too small an amount to fight it and they know it...

Hey Bro - the exact same thing happened to me - call your credit card company, tell them you've tried to resolve it with these dueshes and ask them to cancel the transaction - they'll take care of it for you and you'll save yourself a lot of heartache.

I called my credit card company, and they reversed the charge and referred me to their fraud department, which I will contact on Monday. I might try to persuade (shame) the credit card company into cutting off TBS's account. The various links and threads that Blade Forum members provided here is pretty damning evidence (pattern) of intentional scamming, and it's possible the CCC might not want to be seen as aiding a notorious scammer.

I am also going to file a complaint with the FTC this weekend Has anyone contacted the USPS to see TBS's behavior falls into the category of "mail fraud?"

Been there done that! Took 3 months, several phone calls and a million emails to finally get my refund. In the mean time, I contacted both my State's and the TN State attorney's office, the Federal Trade commission, Knoxville chamber of commerce and the better business bureau. I received a few replies from these entities, but don't know if it helped. They are rated an "F" with the BBB, but the BBB is completely powerless to do anything but provided feedback. The Bladeshop flaunts their practices and laughs all the way to the bank!

2/9/10 update: Contacted my credit card fraud department today and filed a fraud report. Earlier this week, filed a complaint with the FTC. Looking into the possibility of filing a mail fraud report with the US Postal Service.

2/9/10 update: Contacted my credit card fraud department today and filed a fraud report. Earlier this week, filed a complaint with the FTC. Looking into the possibility of filing a mail fraud report with the US Postal Service.

I did all the above. Do not forget to contact their local Chamber of Commerce/Better Business Bureau - Won't help much, but the more real documented complaints the better.

Last edited:
Shit, I was looking for a benchmade 42 about a month ago on google and I found one at the blade shops website. I waslike damn they have one, I even read the ad they said that it was the last one and so then being excited that I am actually ordered it. A couple of days later I recieved an e-mail telling me that its backordered. I then check their website and the ad was gone! I called their costomer service and they told me that they can give me a refund or they can exchange the order to an equal amout which was the BM51. I chose the bm51 and I recieved it in like 3 weeks later. thwy still owe mme like $25 difference!

yep, Bladeshop is a flat out criminal. I've had my own lessons learned from them last year. run a search on bladeshop and you will find several threads like this one. I think one of them is like 30 pages long.

Just had my own run in with them...took me a month and a half of calling them everyday to get my money back...I wish I would have been around these forums first and saved myself the hassle.

They have not changed; I order a knife; it was back ordered so I gave them a little time. Big mistake. They have had my money for three weeks before I cancel the order and now they say it will be another 10 days before I get my refund. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM AT ALL!!! I wish I had seen all of this before I ordered from them. I don't know if I will ever get my money back.....Quick to charge you card, but slow to refund, if you get it at all!!! I will continue to find ways to complain about them, word of mouth is the best way close a bad company like this.

Back