• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Beware of Jeremy Swisher aka j-swish16, jamesjones, & JKnight1. Misrepresented condition of knife - painful transaction and ordeal.

12-21-21 Update: Jeremy swisher popped back up using another forum name - JKnight1. There are other posts where buyers are having problems with him under this user name.

Also, the paypal he gave me to pay him was to a paypal with the name Shelley Hardester.

Buyers BEWARE!

==============================================================================

10-09-21 Update: j-swish16 has created a second BF account going by the username jamesjones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-20-21 Update:

A 4th person has now posted in this thread who also has a transaction that went south involving j-swish16.

Post #239 in this thread by member Slip joint posted, "Well after a month of j-swish16 dodging me I’ve came to the conclusion that he scammed me. I sent him a lnib digi camo para3 and PayPal’d some money on a trade for a custom bugout looks like I’ve been had. Damn sure won’t happen again"

Sorry you are dealing with this Slip joint. Slip joint

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09-06-21 Update:

Posting this quick bit of info for members that find this thread and have no desire or inclination to read through the 12 pages (currently) before deciding whether or not to enter into a transaction with j-swish16.

In addition to my transaction with j-swish16, buried in these 12 pages, are two other members that have come forth and posted that they have had similar transactions with j-swish16.

Gilbert G and winnerone23 both posted that they purchased knives from j-swish16 that were advertised as LNIB / BNIB or new and unused etc. and the knives showed up in definitely used condition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original 08-28-21 thread:

Beware of j-swish16. Bad transaction. Misrepresented condition of knife and he still owes a refund.

August 18 j-swish offered up for sale a silver Boker Pro-tech Auto Kwaiken for $125. Advertised it as brand new in box “BNIB.”

I agreed to purchase on August 18 and immediately sent payment via paypal (within 15 minutes or so).

The Boker arrived August 23 and it is most definitely not new. There are dings in 4 different corners of the handle. You can see the attached pics below for reference.

I reached out to j-swish16 about the condition of the knife and we negotiated a partial refund of $20 on August 23.

Aug 24 I reach out about the status of the refund. Instead of refunding me with Paypal, he is waiting for his debit card to get reissued so he can Venmo me and expected the card to arrive Aug 25. I also offered for him to refund me in full and I would return the knife. He did not respond to that.

Today is Aug 28 and there is still no refund (not partial nor full). I’ve heard nothing further from j-swish16. Not gonna waste my time to continue reaching out to him. He knows what he has done.

I have emails that document everything I shared. Buyers beware.

8GWhb81.jpg

S8fbT4l.jpg

dHBEEGk.jpg

Last edited:
Just return the knife for a full refund, since it’s condition is not what you expected. Start a PayPal claim if the seller stays unresponsive. It’s hard to tell, but those pits could be manufacturing flaws. Regardless, you have the right to be a satisfied buyer.

Thank you for the guidance stonsell. In email I offered to return the knife for a full refund - the offer was ignored. The blade channel is dirty too - the knife is definitely used.

Did you see any photos of the knife before you bought it?

Wow. I just sent you an email and other customers can attest I have a sick daughter and have been dealing with that the past few days. I asked him earlier to send me his Venmo or Apple pay into and I would send his $20. I completely forgot about it with what I have going on. I had pics posted and never tried to hide anything. No one else has ever had an issue

And wh
Wow. I just sent you an email and other customers can attest I have a sick daughter (and by sick I mean leukemia not that it’s his business) and have been dealing with that the past few days. I asked him earlier to send me his Venmo or Apple pay into and I would send his $20. I completely forgot about it with what I have going on. I had pics posted and never tried to hide anything. No one else has ever had an issue

Just return the knife for a full refund, since it’s condition is not what you expected. Start a PayPal claim if the seller stays unresponsive. It’s hard to tell, but those pits could be manufacturing flaws. Regardless, you have the right to be a satisfied buyer.
I responded today when I got home to send me his venmo or some other way to pay him his $20. This knife came out of the box to take pics and back in. Just like the others in the pic. For him to say “beware” is ridiculous. Beware of ever selling anything to this guy. That knife was flawless

Wow. I just sent you an email and other customers can attest I have a sick daughter and have been dealing with that the past few days. I asked him earlier to send me his Venmo or Apple pay into and I would send his $20. I completely forgot about it with what I have going on. I had pics posted and never tried to hide anything. No one else has ever had an issue
Very sorry to hear about your daughter. It didn't seem to make you forget about attempting to purchase an Arctic Camo PM2 on Thursday, though.

I responded today when I got home to send me his venmo or some other way to pay him his $20. This knife came out of the box to take pics and back in. Just like the others in the pic. For him to say “beware” is ridiculous. Beware of ever selling anything to this guy. That knife was flawless
Next time that you sell, it would be advantageous to post better and close photos that could support your claim in a situation like this.

j-swish16

Jeremy. I am sorry to hear about your daughter in the hospital. I will pray that everything turns out well for her.

I would not expect the $20 to be at the top of your list compared to your daughter. And…..I see you are still actively posting on Bladeforums selling knives so there is that.

As stated in my email to you earlier today, my offer to accept the $20 is off the table. You never kept your end of the bargain and I do not desire to keep this knife. Please refund the full $125 and I will return the knife to you.

You already have my payment details.
- I paid you with Paypal – it is my email address that you already have.
- On August 23 I emailed you my Venmo payment details - again it is my email address that you already have.

I didn’t purchase that. ? I asked about it. You spend hour after hour at a hospital and not buy a knife or two.
And yes I forgot it slipped my mind. I guess I’m the only one who makes mistakes. However. When I got his email today I promptly replied sayin the PayPal of the $20 was kicking back and for him to send me a Venmo or something else. He fails to mention I offered him a free knife when this all started to try to make it right. I have never dodged him or hid anything

I didn’t purchase that. ? I asked about it. You spend hour after hour at a hospital and not buy a knife or two.
I've spent a great deal of time in the hospital. I'm also of the mindset that you should settle your business at hand before looking for new purchases. It inspires little confidence when refunding a customer slips your mind, but the hot new Paramilitary doesn't.

Jeremy. I am sorry to hear about your daughter in the hospital. I will pray that everything turns out well for her.

I would not expect the $20 to be at the top of your list compared to your daughter. And…..I see you are still actively posting on Bladeforums selling knives so there is that.

As stated in my email to you earlier today, my offer to accept the $20 is off the table. You never kept your end of the bargain and I do not desire to keep this knife. Please refund the full $125 and I will return the knife to you.

You already have my payment details.
- I paid you with Paypal – it is my email address that you already have.
- On August 23 I emailed you my Venmo payment details - again it is my email address that you already have.

I've spent a great deal of time in the hospital. I'm also of the mindset that you should settle your business at hand before looking for new purchases. It inspires little confidence when refunding a customer slips your mind, but the hot new Paramilitary doesn't.

Back