• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Beware of Jeremy Swisher aka j-swish16, jamesjones, & JKnight1. Misrepresented condition of knife - painful transaction and ordeal.

I had an issue...
I bought a Spyderco Autonomy 2, from you.

When the knife arrived, it wasn't in the condition I recalled the ad representing it in.

I went back and looked for the ad. Couldn't find it.. I searched my post history and forgot, it had been added to another thread.(posted 2 sales, in one day. They were combined.)

I clicked on that ad and looked for the pics and description of the knife.
NOPE, NOT THERE!!! Description and pics were Deleted and the space was just marked "sold"..

I PM'd with my discrepancy... But since the ad and pics were Deleted, I didn't have any ability to prove otherwise.
I just got "it was a steal on that knife it normally costs more"(paraphrasing)

As he is a new seller, I told him it was better to leave sales deals, on the forum.

Chalked it up to new seller and skipped leaving feedback, of any kind.

Now maybe I'm seeing, that I shouldn't of left it slide.

Wow.
Yesterday I decided to follow suit with Vaporstang Vaporstang and take Swishy off my ignore list.
Ha! Back on the ignore list you go J j-swish16 . For permanent this time.

Gilbert G Gilbert G , the way Swishy threw in the term “dismantled” stuck out to me also. An underhanded slam back into your face? Youbetchya. Soon there will be another statement about how since he really is and a bunch more BS.

It’s clowns like J j-swish16 that turned me off from patronizing the Exchange. The majority of my transactions were good. But I had a run of misrepresented knives, for the most part noticeable but non-egregious discrepancies. It reached the point that I felt compelled to barrage sellers with questions. I’m sure the GOOD sellers were thinking “WTF is wrong with this guy?” Aside from a few hard-to-find items, for me the energy expenditure usually isn’t worth saving $50-$100 over retail any more. I don’t have time or energy for clowns.

J j-swish16 had his chance, and has proved himself a first degree assclown in three transactions (that we know of) and with a very selective use of non-apologetic syntax in his penance post to Gilbert G.

As for his future as a seller, the leopard has very clearly shown his spots. Do you have time and energy to risk a transaction with him, of any kind?

Last edited:
J j-swish16 got any other skeletons in the closet? You know, before any other members come forward about your questionable dealings.

I stand by my previous post. You have ZERO integrity. I try and give people the benefit of the doubt, but you show a clear pattern of being untruthful.

Last edited:
NOPE, NOT THERE!!! Description and pics were Deleted and the space was just marked "sold"..
I read the original post and can restore it if necessary, I doubt that it would do much good as the images are no longer viewable.

However the Spyderco was described as "Never sharpened or used etc.".

Ugh - back on the ignore list....

And going to the trouble of deleting the description and pictures reeks of hiding evidence. He claimed he was learning by watching other sales in the exchange, but that's never been common practice here. Hiding the price? Sure, but never the entire post.

Sounds like it's a good idea to screenshot for sale ads when you are engaging in the transaction. Probably a good idea to download the pictures as well. Even honest, honorable sellers frequently remove prices and pics from their ads after the sale.

As for deleting sales posts, I do see this sometimes. I have learned to capture the sales thread prior to paying as rhino suggests. (I usually save the images and print to a pdf file for the thread.)

Just return the knife for a full refund, since it’s condition is not what you expected. Start a PayPal claim if the seller stays unresponsive. It’s hard to tell, but those pits could be manufacturing flaws. Regardless, you have the right to be a satisfied buyer.
Those are definitely not manufacturing flaws. I have been to blade show and met the owner of pro-tech knives many times and owned more pro-techs than I can count and they definitely would never let something like that go out. Pro-tech QC is top notch. That knife in the pic has been dropped many times and beat up. They always hit on the corners when they drop.

We need a new category to add to mint, LNIB, "only out for pictures", etc

"Only dropped once":

Only dropped once onto a down jacket. (At the bottom of a crevasse.)

Only dropped once onto concrete from the roof. No damage that I can see.

Only dropped once into a septic tank,,,

...but otherwise like new.

Someone was probably dropped on their head as a baby more than once. Would explain a few things. 🤔

I hate to entertain the idea of more restrictions, but perhaps the barrier of entry to the exchange needs to be reinforced a tad. F if I know a good way to do that though 🤷‍♂️
It also seems that turds like J j-swish16 seems to float into the forum in waves, though this type of sewage is clogging the drains more often these past 2 years.

I had an issue...
I bought a Spyderco Autonomy 2, from you.

When the knife arrived, it wasn't in the condition I recalled the ad representing it in.

I went back and looked for the ad. Couldn't find it.. I searched my post history and forgot, it had been added to another thread.(posted 2 sales, in one day. They were combined.)

I PM'd with my discrepancy... But since the ad and pics were Deleted, I didn't have any ability to prove otherwise.
I just got "it was a steal on that knife it normally costs more"(paraphrasing)

As he is a new seller, I told him it was better to leave sales deals, on the forum.

Chalked it up to new seller and skipped leaving feedback, of any kind.

Now maybe I'm seeing, that I shouldn't of left it slide.

Likely still could leave feedback, if you cared to

That's what you received after being described as "Never sharpened or used etc.", what did the pictures in the for sale thread look like?
Not like that! Lol..

Maybe he meant to put an "and"...

"Never sharpened AND used etc" hahaha

I'm certain, if I took pics when I got home, I could make it look like his pics.
One of each side, slightly twisted, so the marks don't show up.

I saw the price and the pics. Went straight to PM..
Paid and went back to look at the pics. Thread wasn't able to be found.
He said he was in the middle of editing it "sold" and it must of been hidden during edit.

Then it was combined with the other thread.
Maybe it was in the midst of being moved by a Mod?
Once it surfaced, it was just marked "Sold"..
So I didn't get to examine the pics.

I just know, it looked like fresh DLC blade.

Last edited:
Back