• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Beware of Jeremy Swisher aka j-swish16, jamesjones, & JKnight1. Misrepresented condition of knife - painful transaction and ordeal.

That's what i thought, too!!!

How I received it...

rolled edge and all..

Wow, this is nutz! o_O You may have gotten the worst of us all. I wish you had left some knife of feedback as might have prevent myself and others from falling into a trap. Now I'm much more convinced how leaving feedback (even negative) is really of benefit of others. Like you I have in the past year received some knives that were questionable to what the descriptions say and the condition of the knife actually delivered. I too chucked it off as "oh it isn't that bad" or "oh I can live with it" and then next thing you know you are saying the same thing 4 or 5 times and it is becoming a common thing. On a grander scale if this happens, its possible the whole trust and description thing erodes. I remember once a buyer reached out to me asking me all kinds of questions. I answered a few but then after awhile was like "wow, does this guy not trust my feedback or me as a seller?" He apologize for being so "anal" as he described and I laughed at the time thinking "yep". However, now I see it differently he was just being super thorough. Hopefully J-Swish reaches out and some attempt to make things right as he has recently.

I was never a fan of deleting photos and entire listings, especially, especially if the transaction hasn't been finished and both parties tickled pink. The knife forum on another site made a big issue of leaving prices up and I think this issue is even more important - not taking entire sales posts down or replacing with SOLD. WITHDRAWN and removal is fine but if two people enter into transaction, there should be proof and a trail, at least for a year or so. My vote goes to making this an official Bladeforums rule and into the policy.

IIRC, the only time I have seen an entire listing removed before is if the seller withdraws the knife before a sale has occurred...basically the seller changes his mind and decides to keep the knife. Removing it after the sale smacks of trying to hide something IMHO.

Then it was combined with the other thread.
Maybe it was in the midst of being moved by a Mod?
Once it surfaced, it was just marked "Sold"..
So I didn't get to examine the pics.
More than likely, the thread was merged the same day you purchased the knife.

Maybe it was moved by the Mods from the Individual folding to the automatic section. People mistakenly post these in the wrong area sometimes.

Please guys start leaving negative feedback when you have a negative deal. Help the members here avoid future trouble with guys like this.

Also always screenshot the sales post of any item you buy in case you need it for PayPal on a deal that has gone bad. If the seller deletes all info you’ll have a harder time proving your side to PayPal.

That's what you received after being described as "Never sharpened or used etc.", what did the pictures in the for sale thread look like?
Pictures.. showing how I saw it, in the sale thread.. How pics were taken of it..

all about angle? (Deception)

The PM telling me it was not described as "never sharpened or used" was the best of it. It was then said to have been "lightly used"..

I had an issue...
I bought a Spyderco Autonomy 2, from you.

When the knife arrived, it wasn't in the condition I recalled the ad representing it in.

I went back and looked for the ad. Couldn't find it.. I searched my post history and forgot, it had been added to another thread.(posted 2 sales, in one day. They were combined.)

I clicked on that ad and looked for the pics and description of the knife.
NOPE, NOT THERE!!! Description and pics were Deleted and the space was just marked "sold"..

I PM'd with my discrepancy... But since the ad and pics were Deleted, I didn't have any ability to prove otherwise.
I just got "it was a steal on that knife it normally costs more"(paraphrasing)

As he is a new seller, I told him it was better to leave sales deals, on the forum.

Chalked it up to new seller and skipped leaving feedback, of any kind.

Now maybe I'm seeing, that I shouldn't of left it slide
Pictures.. showing how I saw it, in the sale thread.. How pics were taken of it..

all about angle? (Deception)

The PM telling me it was not described as "never sharpened or used" was the best of it. It was then said to have been "lightly used"..
It’s not too late to leave negative feedback, if you haven‘t already.

Likely still could leave feedback, if you cared to
For the price and the fact that I have sharpened it and put it into, rotation..
I've already come to peace with it.

I think this thread is more feedback then he was bargaining for, anyways

winnerone23 I feel bad this happened to you as well.

I agree this thread is more than j-swish16 was expecting.

Of course it's your call on whether to leave feedback or not. Some food for thought:
- Feedback for j-swish16 currently only shows one negative feedback score (mine).
- While someone may look and find this GB&U thread, unless they read through 11 pages, a prospective buyer is not likely to see there are actually three seperate negative transactions involving j-swish16. I suspect not many members are gonna read through 11 pages to find that.

My logic is that members should hold other members accountable by posting appropriate positive, neutral, or negative feedback. While members should check the GB&U section, I suspect not all do and it is simply more convenient to quickly check someone's feedback rating. If someone has a fair amount of negative feedback (and I want to engage in a transaction with them), it will give me pause and I would then definitely check the GB&U section to get more details.

While you have, "...come to peace with it", I do hope j-swish16 chooses to reach out to you and make your situation right.

Honesty, Character and Integrity matters.

Neal

Please guys start leaving negative feedback when you have a negative deal. Help the members here avoid future trouble with guys like this.

Also always screenshot the sales post of any item you buy in case you need it for PayPal on a deal that has gone bad. If the seller deletes all info you’ll have a harder time proving your side to PayPal.

winnerone23

I hate to entertain the idea of more restrictions, but perhaps the barrier of entry to the exchange needs to be reinforced a tad. F if I know a good way to do that though 🤷‍♂️
It also seems that turds like @j-swish16 seems to float into the forum in waves, though this type of sewage is clogging the drains more often these past 2 years.
Funny you mention that. Reddit has “bots” that automatically delete your post to even buy something on their sale area if you don’t participate in non-sale forums. :) I was pleasantly denied as a newb to their site and got a chuckle out of it.

Wouldn’t be a bad idea to implement some restriction like that IMHO.

I have been on at least one other site that required a minimum of 50 posts outside of the FS forum before you could buy or sell there. I believe such a requirement can be implemented to be automatic requiring no moderator intervention. I think some small number of contributory posts as a paying member before one is allowed to sell or buy might separate out some of the wheat from the chaff.

Last edited:
A contribution requirement and having negative feedback put you in a blackout period from buying/selling for a set amount of time (1 week for 1st, 1 month for 2nd, 1 year for 3?). Ok, maybe a year is too extreme, but there need to be repercussions for these negative exchanges.

I have been on at least one other site that required a minimum of 50 posts outside of the FS forum before you could buy or sell there. I believe such a requirement can be implemented to be automatic requiring no moderator intervention. I think a some small number of contributory posts as a paying member before one is allowed to sell or buy might separate out some of the wheat from the chaff.
...... I understand the desire and intent of this but I have been on forums with exactly those requirements and the pattern is simply a day of "+1".... "fantastic widget" ... "cool" ...."looks great" ...."I agree" and then off to the exchange.

...... I understand the desire and intent of this but I have been on forums with exactly those requirements and the pattern is simply a day of "+1".... "fantastic widget" ... "cool" ...."looks great" ...."I agree" and then off to the exchange.
I agree 100%. I don't think there is a perfect solution.

WTH j-swish!!!!! After j-swish apologized and made things right with the first two I was going to say that everyone deserves an opportunity to learn from their mistakes and then let him EARN trust over time with those who chose to do business with him….. but after this last post from another member this is a clear pattern of clear deceitful behavior and he needs to go, PERIOD. It now looks like he only apologized and gave refunds only because he was called out and had no other option. And to think I almost did a deal with him a few weeks ago, something just didn’t feel right about his messages. Drama avoided.
That's what i thought, too!!!

How I received it...

rolled edge and all..

I have been on at least one other site that required a minimum of 50 posts outside of the FS forum before you could buy or sell there. I believe such a requirement can be implemented to be automatic requiring no moderator intervention. I think some small number of contributory posts as a paying member before one is allowed to sell or buy might separate out some of the wheat from the chaff.
New guys are not always ready to be active posters outside the exchange(after all they are new and just learning), and are often best served by reading, but all knife fans like to buy and sell knives. What happened here had little to do with participation and a lot to do with an askew moral compass. I have dealt with many new members and while they may take a bit more handling , they as a whole have been very good. Better than some older members with little exchange experience.
While I am fine with things as they are, every member can still make their own rules as to whom they choose to deal with- 50 posts or whatever.

Last edited:
Back