• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Beware of Jeremy Swisher aka j-swish16, jamesjones, & JKnight1. Misrepresented condition of knife - painful transaction and ordeal.

Feedback can be left since money changed hands.

Under the older rules, if a transaction was reversed feedback could not be left since technically a deal did not take place.

There were many complaints about less than honest sellers getting a free pass when conducting transactions.

That’s why the rules were amended to include “money hasn’t changed hands”, this allows buyers the ability to leave feedback even if the transaction is reversed because money did change hands.

Under the older rules, if a transaction was reversed feedback could not be left since technically a deal did not take place.

There were many complaints about less than honest sellers getting a free pass when conducting transactions.

That’s why the rules were amended to include “money hasn’t changed hands”, this allows buyers the ability to leave feedback even if the transaction is reversed because money did change hands.
Excellent news, and I hope both these buyers leave this guy the response he deserves.

Thanks for the good explanation of the rule-even I get it :)

Update:

J-swish16 emailed me asking me to remove the negative feedback rating. I don’t think that would be appropriate to do. The integrity of BF and members looking out for each other are more important to me.

J-swish16 then emailed asking me to update the thread title. I’m okay with doing that since the cost of the knife was ultimately refunded. But also note I am still out $15 since j-swish16 did not cover the cost for me to send the knife back to him – mailing, signature confirmation, and insurance.

Original title: Beware of j-swish16. Misrepresented condition of knife and still owes refund.

New title: Beware of j-swish16. Misrepresented condition of knife - just an overall painful and unpleasant ordeal.

Also, should I level negative feedback? I guess in this case it is warranted but never have before. If a negative feedback is justified by the level of anger or upset ness with a given transaction then I would go neutral with true description of the proceedings. If a Negative is justified then I will do but I mean no harm to come of the seller. Guess I should wait till the refund has fully processed as forgive but do have some skepticism. Please advise

Gilbert G you raise a good question. Whether you leave feedback is ultimately up to you.

If this helps, here is how I view things. BF is a community of users. Like any community, it has lots of good apples and a few rotten apples.

If there is a bad apple forum member that lacks honesty, integrity and character, would you want to know that before entering into a buy / sell deal with them?

Even if a member is not intentionally dishonest and fraudulent but they have a poor attitude or are extremely difficult to work with would you want to know that?

If BF members don’t speak up and look out for each other by leaving feedback (which can be uncomfortable to do – trust me I know) it negatively impacts and harms the entire BF community because you just don’t know who to trust.

And conversely, if a bad apple member chooses to change their ways, they have the opportunity to earn positive feedback by acting / engaging appropriately in future transactions and earning positive feedback.

I hope that helps.

J-swish16 emailed me asking me to remove the negative feedback rating.
Only a Moderator can do that, once a member leaves feedback they are unable to delete, edit or modify the feedback in any way.
I don’t think that would be appropriate to do.
I agree, in my opinion he’s earned it.

Full refund given for the launch to GilbertG. If he wants to keep the knife he can. Guys I am new to this. Obviously I made mistakes. There was no malicious intent (believe it or not. If it was I’d keep the money. Let’s use our heads for something more than a hat rack fellas). I have since spoke to a longtime member with an impeccable record and he educated me on these matters at hand So it won’t be an issue going forward. I will say however, to blackball all new members because they are new is the absolute worst business model I’ve ever heard on a site where you want growth and just ridiculous in general. Everyone here was new at one point. So again I’m sorry for these but I assure you it won’t be a issue going forward. I’ll wait now for the pile on to proceed....,
Sir, you are dishonest and lack integrity. You being a new member has NOTHING to do with that. I strongly feel that you are only doing the right thing because big brother (Bladeforums) is watching you because of this thread.

There shouldn't be any misinterpretation of the condition of a knife. If the blade has cut anything it's not new. If you've clipped it to your pocket, not new. If it's been sitting on your countertop or in a drawer (not in the box, you know the B of LNIB), not new. At the end of the day, you know if the knife has been used or sharpened or dropped or gotten a minor scratch/blemish. If you genuinely don't know the condition be transparent about it and take better pictures or videos.

Thank you for doing the right thing. Now keep it up even when you're off the radar. You know, integrity?

Nice comment on the hat rack....you can't even fake apologize correctly.
Being new here is not an excuse in this case. There is no confusion about lnib, new, etc on a carried and used knife.
You flat out lied about the condition of both knives being discussed in this thread. That wasn't a mistake, that WAS malicious. You played the members here for a fool, thinking they wouldn't notice some very obvious wear marks and damage. And of course, you have deleted most of your for sale posting you have created, changing both the title and body to "hh" or "gg" etc. so that buyers do not have much recourse. Of course mods can probably roll that back, but I digress. These aren't rookie mistakes, these aren't oopsies, these aren't "I didn't know better" moments, you deceived and mislead, it's as simple as that. Stop making excuses, own up to it, and do better for the few remaining members that will
I'm glad that you're doing the right thing. I remain unimpressed by the fact that you yet again decided to try to play the victim at
Update:

J-swish16 emailed me asking me to remove the negative feedback rating. I don’t think that would be appropriate to do. The integrity of BF and members looking out for each other are more important to me.

J-swish16 then emailed asking me to update the thread title. I’m okay with doing that since the cost of the knife was ultimately refunded. But also note I am still out $15 since j-swish16 did not cover the cost for me to send the knife back to him – mailing, signature confirmation, and insurance.

Original title: Beware of j-swish16. Misrepresented condition of knife and still owes refund.

New title: Beware of j-swish16. Misrepresented condition of knife - just an overall painful and unpleasant ordeal.
Venmo for $15 Shipping sent to Neal. Guys everyone can believe what they want but I’m not only new to the forum but new to selling in general (knives). The way I learned was looking at other threads. Did I overstate ? Obviously. Was there malicious intent? Absolutely not. I have paid Neal everything owed. I paid Gilbert back and told him keep the knife that he dismantled. Now if I was in this to rip people off would I do that? The answer is no. Let’s be honest. This has ruined me selling anymore on this site and I guess I deserve that for what has taken place and that’s too bad because I did find a few people in here I enjoyed talking to and learning from. So again I apologize to Neal and gilbert and just hope you believe me when I say this was not done trying to rip you off.

Venmo for $15 Shipping sent to Neal. Guys everyone can believe what they want but I’m not only new to the forum but new to selling in general (knives). The way I learned was looking at other threads. Did I overstate ? Obviously. Was there malicious intent? Absolutely not. I have paid Neal everything owed. I paid Gilbert back and told him keep the knife that he dismantled. Now if I was in this to rip people off would I do that? The answer is no. Let’s be honest. This has ruined me selling anymore on this site and I guess I deserve that for what has taken place and that’s too bad because I did find a few people in here I enjoyed talking to and learning from. So again I apologize to Neal and gilbert and just hope you believe me when I say this was not done trying to rip you off.
Excellent move paying the $15 shipping fee. You can still sell knives here, but probably not for top dollar until your good feedback percentage improves. Try learning to take great photos, give articulate descriptions, and make the price attractive. Good luck going forward.

You should be still able to sell, but you didn't make it easier. besides getting the ad right in the future, I suggest you add a few clauses such as:
If not fully satisfied I will take a return for full refund-no problem
Money will remain with PP until the buyer is satisfied
Only use PP G&S
Then follow through if needed
If you describe the item properly, you likely won't have much trouble and you can start putting this behind you. Finding yourself in future GBU threads(negative) would be a disaster. If you aren't going to try to turn yourself into a great seller(which is pretty easy to do) it may be best to stop.

Last edited:
J j-swish16 I don’t think you’re future selling potential is ruined here. It’ll probably be a little harder moving forward and rightfully so. But you’ll have future opportunities to prove yourself.
Spend sometime around the forums outside of the sales area and contribute to the community here. That goes a long way as well.
Good luck moving forward.

I know it's not much, but you are off of my ignore list. Thanks for the update!

To most (including Moderators), thanks for your comments as you've convinced me to do the right thing with the Feedback when all is said and done.

Glad things worked out for you TripleM and you were reimbursed for the return shipping. Thanks for the advice on the feedback as not only very well written but makes a lot of sense. It is unpleasant as I don't enjoy leaving negative feedback. However when it comes to being an asset to the broader Bladeforums community then I'm in. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to look at a potential buyer or seller's perfect feedback score and question..."hmmm guess I need to search the GB&U for the umpteenth time." After all that is what feedback was designed to do and it is a trust-bearing gauge. Thanks for leaving the thread open till the refund processes and also hopefully we'll see more positive reviews about J-Swish.

Speaking of the man of the hour, funny how you said I "dismantled the knife". No sir, I merely had to disassembled it since the knife the action was super gritty and felt the worst of all the Launch series knives I've ever handled. I did so very gingerly as well and there was no amount of collateral damage which could have occurred coming close to what had already taken place on the scale opposite LNIB condition (or in your exact words NEW condition). After working to clean the blade stains (still there btw) and removing all debris (lint, some dirt, pieces of metal,aluminum?) and removing most of the super excess oil, the knife now is in better condition then when it arrived. However, still not what I was hoping for when sending money for and completing our transaction. In any case, apology accepted and all water under the bridge now I guess and hopefully you'll make that way back to the top. Your selling isn't ruined here and that is credit to Bladeforums and this great community. Goodluck.

Last edited:
Wow. I just sent you an email and other customers can attest I have a sick daughter and have been dealing with that the past few days. I asked him earlier to send me his Venmo or Apple pay into and I would send his $20. I completely forgot about it with what I have going on. I had pics posted and never tried to hide anything. No one else has ever had an issue
I had an issue...
I bought a Spyderco Autonomy 2, from you.

When the knife arrived, it wasn't in the condition I recalled the ad representing it in.

I went back and looked for the ad. Couldn't find it.. I searched my post history and forgot, it had been added to another thread.(posted 2 sales, in one day. They were combined.)

I clicked on that ad and looked for the pics and description of the knife.
NOPE, NOT THERE!!! Description and pics were Deleted and the space was just marked "sold"..

I PM'd with my discrepancy... But since the ad and pics were Deleted, I didn't have any ability to prove otherwise.
I just got "it was a steal on that knife it normally costs more"(paraphrasing)

As he is a new seller, I told him it was better to leave sales deals, on the forum.

Chalked it up to new seller and skipped leaving feedback, of any kind.

Now maybe I'm seeing, that I shouldn't of left it slide.

I had an issue...
I bought a Spyderco Autonomy 2, from you.

When the knife arrived, it wasn't in the condition I recalled the ad representing it in.

I went back and looked for the ad. Couldn't find it.. I searched my post history and forgot, it had been added to another thread.(posted 2 sales, in one day. They were combined.)

I clicked on that ad and looked for the pics and description of the knife.
NOPE, NOT THERE!!! Description and pics were Deleted and the space was just marked "sold"..

I PM'd with my discrepancy... But since the ad and pics were Deleted, I didn't have any ability to prove otherwise.
I just got "it was a steal on that knife it normally costs more"(paraphrasing)

As he is a new seller, I told him it was better to leave sales deals, on the forum.

Chalked it up to new seller and skipped leaving feedback, of any kind.

Now maybe I'm seeing, that I shouldn't of left it slide.
Yeah, this absolutely seems to be pattern behavior and given J j-swish16 's handling of it before being called out and thoroughly lambasted I'm deeply skeptical about his supposed about face. He can stay on my ignore list.

Back