BF 2021 Knife - see Charlie's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I entered my payment info, clicked next, and the order went through. Which is good, but I missed where to enter my Bladeforums avatar name.

I entered my payment info, clicked next, and the order went through. Which is good, but I missed where to enter my Bladeforums avatar name.
I sent Barry an email indicating my BF name with my given name (I also forwarded him my PayPal transaction receipt). Unless he knows which order goes with which Forum member name, I'm not sure how he would be able to distinguish which orders are from non-members? But maybe there will be some clarification and an additional way for those of us (it seems like quite a few) who successfully ordered but may lack BF identification.

Instead of clicking PayPal on the first page, I entered my name, address, etc, and continued to the next page, which had a spot where you could enter your username. That page also had a PP link, which I used to pay. So far I have only received the PP email...been about 2 hours.

Instead of clicking PayPal on the first page, I entered my name, address, etc, and continued to the next page, which had a spot where you could enter your username. That page also had a PP link, which I used to pay. So far I have only received the PP email...been about 2 hours.
Same and it's been about 2.5 hours for me and still no GSJ email

I sent Barry an email indicating my BF name with my given name (I also forwarded him my PayPal transaction receipt). Unless he knows which order goes with which Forum member name, I'm not sure how he would be able to distinguish which orders are from non-members? But maybe there will be some clarification and an additional way for those of us (it seems like quite a few) who successfully ordered but may lack BF identification.
Yeah, I just emailed him with the confirmation number and my BF name. I hate to be "one of those people who don't read instructions carefully" but I thought there would be another step before the order went through. How embarrassing.

Yeah, I just emailed him with the confirmation number and my BF name. I hate to be "one of those people who don't read instructions carefully" but I thought there would be another step before the order went through. How embarrassing.
I feel EXACTLY the same way.

Ok, somebody point me in the right direction please. I scanned back to page 13, and looked in the sticky post and I'm not finding any ordering instructions. Appreciate it.

Edit: never mind, I see the new thread. I thought it would be a sticky.

HEY EVERYONE! LOOK! R8SHELL IS FALLIBLE! 😋

Take it easy on yourself. It's hard enough for the rest of us to keep up.

Yeah, done enough PP "fast" checkouts to figure I wouldn't get a chance to enter my username, so I tried the "slow" route to see what would happen.

I’ll start with one I saw a couple times and did myself which was forgetting my bladeforums user name and then emailing Barry. Is that ok will we still get our knives I’m at least a little lucky in that my bladeforums name is my email address.

Yeah, done enough PP "fast" checkouts to figure I wouldn't get a chance to enter my username, so I tried the "slow" route to see what would happen.
I did the same. The slow route seems to be the way to go to enter your BF username, and receive an email confirmation from Barry's website.

Well done Gary :thumbsup:

And Charlie and Barry of course! ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks so much to Waynorth, Gunstockjack, our mods Peregrin and Knarfeng, and Spark the owner. And of course to Bill and all at GEC!

I’ll start with one I saw a couple times and did myself which was forgetting my bladeforums user name and then emailing Barry. Is that ok will we still get our knives I’m at least a little lucky in that my bladeforums name is my email address.
Same. 😟
I did get a confirmation email, so I've got that going for me...;)

I've seen a number of posts (including mine) from people who entered their username in the special instructions box during PayPal checkout but the username doesn't show up on the PayPal receipt.

I've seen a number of posts (including mine) from people who entered their username in the special instructions box during PayPal checkout but the username doesn't show up on the PayPal receipt.
I got a Paypal receipt that didn't have it, but my confirmation from gsj did.

Well there you go. First Barlow, first American Traditional folder (i.e., besides my 110s), first BF knife _ever_. And excited, too :)

And Thanks to Charly, Barry, Garry, and everybody involved in the organization of this, of course :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back