BF Native Razorback

Just got my digital camera back from my daughter and thought I'd post a pix of my plain-edged BF Native with serrations added to the swedge:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=260674&a=1940729

The knife's only intended use is via neck carry in the sheath (for outdoors). I preferred the plain edge over the combo (which I also have), but sometimes a plastic tie-wrap or plastic rope just cries for even a minimally serrated knife.

I had the serrations ground to provide minimal performance (ie, they're not Spdyer teeth by any means), and the intent is to use them conservatively, for safety reasons.

Just had it done for the helluvit (no, I didn't do it myself, and no, I don't intend to flash it around in LEO's face). Seemed like a waste of a good edge otherwise.

[This message has been edited by Longden (edited 02-23-2000).]

Well that's interesting.
smile.gif

Blades

Sweet, very sweet. That's one toothy beast. Well, maybe critter...
wink.gif

I love this place. Where else can you look around for a bit and find one-of-a-kind knives like this.

------------------
inktomi

Hey, that's neat! Is this a service I could use? or just a favor by a friend?
TIA
Brian

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)
Cetan Blood Brother
Military & Moran Admiration Society

[This message has been edited by Brian Lavin (edited 02-25-2000).]

Brian, the added bladework was courtesy of MIA BF member Corduroy (aka Drew Gleason).

If you're interested, maybe you can drop him some email when his workload eases up a bit along with his backlog.

I got this done just before he vanished, but he told me it'd be a quickie job. I deferred to him on the specific geometry of the teeth.

Wow ! Courduroy does some nice work ! Unfortunately, it would now surely classify as double-edged, and a legal no-no in my state. I've actually wanted a Native, but been intimidated by the possiblity that the unsharpened swedge might be considered an edge by an overzealous member of NJ's finest.

Back in the days when he had a life, Drew and I had some email discussion about what I wanted and he was nice enough to experiment on a spare Native blade of his.

His initial "cut" had smaller toothier serrations than the delivered version ... I've updated the link to include a photo of this earlier "concept" work:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=260674&a=1940729

I was a bit apprehensive also about the legality of the double edge folder in California, but didn't see any such limitation in the statutes (and I believe this was confirmed by Jim March). Besides, at 47 years and not having ever been stopped by a LEO except for the inevitable speeding violations, I think I could risk tarnishing my reputation a little bit
smile.gif

Back