Attention BF2020 Away We Go - Books are closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

knifeswapper

Knife Peddler
OK, Viper and BF have given the thumbs up. So, give me a couple days to calculate the pricing and lay out some process details and I will post up a purchase link.

Shame we couldn't have wrapped it up a couple weeks ago as the dollar has lost about 10% against the euro and I will have to escrow nearly $40k to remove the risk from my plate.

ramhorn2-jpg.1384737
@waverave

What: Viper Tecnocut Rams Horn Crust (what they call the rough surface instead of smooth) slabs Swaybelly Jack with BF blade etch.
When: Payment in August; Delivery in December (hopefully sooner)

Some things that will need member assistance with: 1) One thing that will need resolved from a forum member with pertinent skills is a vector art drawing of the blade etch desired. 2) If we have a member that can help with (@10 pieces) Canadian distribution from a U.S. address; I will make it worth the time [RESOLVED]. I think all others that sent a request for international delivery can be handled via a solution I am working on with another individual. We will open up a discussion at the right time for these.

There needs to be an understanding that I will not have the margins to be replacing or refunding orders due to the cosmetics of the horn. This was said early on; but wanted to put it here as well.

I am going to leave this thread closed until I have all the details.

Last edited:
OK, I think (hope) I have calculated everything correctly.

BF Requirements: Purchasing members need to have been members for at least 3 months and need at least 25 posts outside of the exchange (these two restrictions are "soft" restrictions and as long as you are not brand new or a flipper; proceed and we will get back if there is an issue). Known flippers need not apply; this is a "hard" rule - not because we are concerned about flipping this knife per se, but because you lost your privilege in the past. There is no limit on the quantity for members is good standing; but we ask that you put them all in one order. No returns for horn related issues, only functional defects.

CK Request: Since this is calculated as close as we can get it to cost; it would be greatly appreciated if you didn't use store credit or coupons. Because these come out of my pocket and I would be grateful if they weren't used to fund the forum knife. But, if you don't agree with this - do as you wish.

International: We are going to use a couple of members to handle the international deliveries. If you live outside the U.S. and have a trusted means to get your own delivered - it would be greatly appreciated if you could do that to alleviate the work for those folks that are helping with that task. But if you need a delivery, no problem. Read the product description at the link below to see how to fill out the order. I know it is odd to list an invalid shipping address; but we need all international orders to be bundled via the ship address and we can't have it be our address or you will be hit with a sales tax. This is explained again on the product description. Full disclosure: The domestic shipping cost is built into the price; the international premium of $10 is to cover whatever solution we settle on and reimburse those that have volunteered their time and effort.

Process: Use the link and link password below (the password prompt at the link is for this password; not your store account password) to purchase your knives. Please enter your BF ID where requested. I will only leave this link accessible for a few days so I can get the USD escrowed into EURO and get the final count to the factory. We are shooting for delivery before Thanksgiving.

I will continue to update this post with new information as needed / requested.

New information 8/12/20: 1) You did not need to commit to the "Count" thread in order to place an order.
New information 8/13/20: The order is cut with Viper. But if you have not picked yours up yet - no worries. Pick them up as you can. We contracted for the full 350 that was committed in the "Count" thread. I have worked it out with the factory to convert any left over when the time comes to amboyna burl and I will sell them via the store with the standard etch.
New information 8/19/20: Closing the books. Left a couple for slack in case there were functional defects delivered.

Purchase Link: Viper Cutlery BladeForums 2020 Knife [Link Removed]
Link Password: bf2020

Last edited:
Just placed my order, thank you!!

Thank you for everything, Mike - order is in!

Order in for a pair! :cool: Thank you for all your hard work on this! :thumbsup:

knifeswapper knifeswapper
Encountered a small issue - I committed to two, and entered same... but I only want one slip, and it automatically populates two. I suppose getting two isn't the worst thing; but I would want different colors, and don't see a way to do that, either.

knifeswapper knifeswapper
Encountered a small issue - I committed to two, and entered same... but I only want one slip, and it automatically populates two. I suppose getting two isn't the worst thing; but I would want different colors, and don't see a way to do that, either.

Just add one knife at a time to the cart if you want different options.

was going to order, but according to my work, you sell "weapons or bombs".....:rolleyes::poop: I'll try to do it on my phone, otherwise, it will be this evening....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back