Attention BF2020 Away We Go - Books are closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no easy way to send blanket messages to members that have purchased in the past. I'm not going to do it, maybe @knarfeng Frank feels differently. <snip>
If I don't read my supermarket flyer, and take advantage of the 10.95 a pound Porterhouse deal, that's nobody's fault but mine.
I like the supermarket analogy. I don't disagree with you. Relative to a blanket message/email.... I bet Mike could do it pretty easily with his business software as he can sort on specific knife purchases and I would guess all include an email address.... just saying.... trying to be helpful, but not rock the boat.
I just think that if anyone has made a pledge to buy a knife, their basic duty should be to check this Forum everyday for a minute or two for developments. To say that you don't come here very often, you don't log in for weeks on end, or your knife buying is at a standstill is not relevant . If you pledged to buy you should buy or if you suddenly cannot you should say so, either way it's your responsibility to follow events closely.
If you make a commitment to buy a knife, you should follow through regardless of changing personal circumstance. I believe you did follow through with your changing circumstances.

I however disagree with your comment about "don't log on for weeks" or "your knife buying is at a standstill" comment. I pretty much visit the forum every day, but I don't necessarily visit the traditional sub forum everyday.

I know I’m a new member but I’m here to stay and would love to purchase this beautiful Viper Tecnocut Rams Horn Crust! I’m on early the reserve for your Natural Canvas Micarta as well! Can’t wait! If I’m too late then I understand .

OK, I think (hope) I have calculated everything correctly.

BF Requirements: Purchasing members need to have been members for at least 3 months and need at least 25 posts outside of the exchange (these two restrictions are "soft" restrictions and as long as you are not brand new or a flipper; proceed and we will get back if there is an issue). Known flippers need not apply; this is a "hard" rule - not because we are concerned about flipping this knife per se, but because you lost your privilege in the past. There is no limit on the quantity for members is good standing; but we ask that you put them all in one order. No returns for horn related issues, only functional defects.

CK Request: Since this is calculated as close as we can get it to cost; it would be greatly appreciated if you didn't use store credit or coupons. Because these come out of my pocket and I would be grateful if they weren't used to fund the forum knife. But, if you don't agree with this - do as you wish.

International: We are going to use a couple of members to handle the international deliveries. If you live outside the U.S. and have a trusted means to get your own delivered - it would be greatly appreciated if you could do that to alleviate the work for those folks that are helping with that task. But if you need a delivery, no problem. Read the product description at the link below to see how to fill out the order. I know it is odd to list an invalid shipping address; but we need all international orders to be bundled via the ship address and we can't have it be our address or you will be hit with a sales tax. This is explained again on the product description. Full disclosure: The domestic shipping cost is built into the price; the international premium of $10 is to cover whatever solution we settle on and reimburse those that have volunteered their time and effort.

Process: Use the link and link password below (the password prompt at the link is for this password; not your store account password) to purchase your knives. Please enter your BF ID where requested. I will only leave this link accessible for a few days so I can get the USD escrowed into EURO and get the final count to the factory. We are shooting for delivery before Thanksgiving.

I will continue to update this post with new information as needed / requested.

New information 8/12/20: 1) You did not need to commit to the "Count" thread in order to place an order.
New information 8/13/20: The order is cut with Viper. But if you have not picked yours up yet - no worries. Pick them up as you can. We contracted for the full 350 that was committed in the "Count" thread. I have worked it out with the factory to convert any left over when the time comes to amboyna burl and I will sell them via the store with the standard etch.

Purchase Link: Viper Cutlery BladeForums 2020 Knife
Link Password: bf2020

I know I’m a new member but I’m here to stay and would love to purchase this beautiful Viper Tecnocut Rams Horn Crust! I’m on early the reserve for your Natural Canvas Micarta as well! Can’t wait! If I’m too late then I understand .

OK, I think (hope) I have calculated everything correctly.

BF Requirements: Purchasing members need to have been members for at least 3 months and need at least 25 posts outside of the exchange (these two restrictions are "soft" restrictions and as long as you are not brand new or a flipper; proceed and we will get back if there is an issue). Known flippers need not apply; this is a "hard" rule - not because we are concerned about flipping this knife per se, but because you lost your privilege in the past. There is no limit on the quantity for members is good standing; but we ask that you put them all in one order. No returns for horn related issues, only functional defects.

CK Request: Since this is calculated as close as we can get it to cost; it would be greatly appreciated if you didn't use store credit or coupons. Because these come out of my pocket and I would be grateful if they weren't used to fund the forum knife. But, if you don't agree with this - do as you wish.

International: We are going to use a couple of members to handle the international deliveries. If you live outside the U.S. and have a trusted means to get your own delivered - it would be greatly appreciated if you could do that to alleviate the work for those folks that are helping with that task. But if you need a delivery, no problem. Read the product description at the link below to see how to fill out the order. I know it is odd to list an invalid shipping address; but we need all international orders to be bundled via the ship address and we can't have it be our address or you will be hit with a sales tax. This is explained again on the product description. Full disclosure: The domestic shipping cost is built into the price; the international premium of $10 is to cover whatever solution we settle on and reimburse those that have volunteered their time and effort.

Process: Use the link and link password below (the password prompt at the link is for this password; not your store account password) to purchase your knives. Please enter your BF ID where requested. I will only leave this link accessible for a few days so I can get the USD escrowed into EURO and get the final count to the factory. We are shooting for delivery before Thanksgiving.

I will continue to update this post with new information as needed / requested.

New information 8/12/20: 1) You did not need to commit to the "Count" thread in order to place an order.
New information 8/13/20: The order is cut with Viper. But if you have not picked yours up yet - no worries. Pick them up as you can. We contracted for the full 350 that was committed in the "Count" thread. I have worked it out with the factory to convert any left over when the time comes to amboyna burl and I will sell them via the store with the standard etch.

Purchase Link: Viper Cutlery BladeForums 2020 Knife
Link Password: bf2020

I like the supermarket analogy. I don't disagree with you. Relative to a blanket message/email.... I bet Mike could do it pretty easily with his business software as he can sort on specific knife purchases and I would guess all include an email address.... just saying.... trying to be helpful, but not rock the boat.

Couple notes to that. A) Not sure that those buying last year would be an all-encompassing list for this year; and B) It is somewhat of a no-no to send unsolicited emails to customers; especially when you promise not to use their information for anything other than completing a previously agreed task.

But I am sure in the future the process will be improved; by whoever takes it on. Just need the commitment to require an email or some such.

Couple notes to that. A) Not sure that those buying last year would be an all-encompassing list for this year; and B) It is somewhat of a no-no to send unsolicited emails to customers; especially when you promise not to use their information for anything other than completing a previously agreed task.

But I am sure in the future the process will be improved; by whoever takes it on. Just need the commitment to require an email or some such.
The email would certainly be with permission. I get emails daily from knife retailers. I mostly delete them, but on occasion I open them up and "shop". The email would not preclude some sort of forum thread notification and ordering. Hopefully there are always new buyers for the forum knife.

Mike, I just want to thank you for taking this TASK on. It is fun to speculate, design, debate, participate in polls, etc., but that is just playing. Until someone like you makes it their business to make the knife happen it is just game playing. Thanks for making it happen! I am pretty stoked about the knife - never owned an Italian knife nor one with a Wharncliff main nor one with these scales - all new for me. Bruce

knifeswapper knifeswapper
How close are you now?
Thanks again for undertaking this and assuming the risk.
I think (maybe hope) you'll be able to sell them all eventually

Mike, I just want to thank you for taking this TASK on. It is fun to speculate, design, debate, participate in polls, etc., but that is just playing. Until someone like you makes it their business to make the knife happen it is just game playing. Thanks for making it happen! I am pretty stoked about the knife - never owned an Italian knife nor one with a Wharncliff main nor one with these scales - all new for me. Bruce

Very well said, Bruce. I resemble that remark.

I was wondering how we were doing, numbers wise as well.

I like the idea if having the chance to snag a amboygna knife to go with the blade forum knife.

I think I am probably in a good range right now. I think there are less than 25 remaining and those can just be amboyna if not claimed.

......mmm, if it’s possible/permissible, might just go an Amboyna as well to make a pair :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back