Attention BF2020 Knife Count

I will commit to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if LionSteel can simply ship out the knives to the offshore BF members buying 2020 Forum knives? Currently it appears LionSteel ships knives directly to customers from it's headquarters - this shipping method could improve shipping times - Nothing was harmed in the process of having this thought.

Wondering if LionSteel can simply ship out the knives to the offshore BF members buying 2020 Forum knives? Currently it appears LionSteel ships knives directly to customers from it's headquarters - this shipping method could improve shipping times - Nothing was harmed in the process of having this thought.
Should we have a poll on shipping :rolleyes: (sarcasm)
Or should we let knifeswapper knifeswapper do what he does, an has been doing. Giving us a chance at a 2020 forum knife when it looked like there was no chance.
For one, have full confidence that what decisions are made, will be made for the best of us all :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Should we have a poll on shipping :rolleyes:
Or should we let knifeswapper knifeswapper do what he does, an has been doing. Giving us a chance at a 2020 forum knife when it looked like there was no chance.
For one, have full confidence that what decisions are made, will be made for the best of us all :thumbsup:
No damn polls. Mike will do what he wants to when he has the information he needs. The count is important as it impacts cost. As Mike said in the initial post, assume $120..... I expect it to be a bit less, but I'm not worried about it one way or the other. I have been dragging my feet buying new knives this year as I simply don't need any. This knife will probably end up like all the other forum knives.... just tucked away for a rainy day that never comes.

No damn polls. Mike will do what he wants to when he has the information he needs. The count is important as it impacts cost. As Mike said in the initial post, assume $120..... I expect it to be a bit less, but I'm not worried about it one way or the other. I have been dragging my feet buying new knives this year as I simply don't need any. This knife will probably end up like all the other forum knives.... just tucked away for a rainy day that never comes.
:confused:o_O:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Last edited:
Should we have a poll on shipping :rolleyes: (sarcasm)

the thought was for off-shore BF member knives get factory shipped - non-US BF members - the 30 or 35 knives headed for the UK and Australia etc - US customers proceed as usual through the US

the thought was for off-shore BF member knives get factory shipped - non-US BF members - the 30 or 35 knives headed for the UK and Australia etc - US customers proceed as usual through the US

Viper does not sell directly to the public, even in Europe. In order for Viper to ship directly, the customer would need a VAT number. Does one of the international customers have a VAT number and an interest in sending these knives? So far a total of 6 (SIX) international members have expressed interest via the process mentioned at this link.

Viper does not sell directly to the public, even in Europe. In order for Viper to ship directly, the customer would need a VAT number. Does one of the international customers have a VAT number and an interest in sending these knives? So far a total of 6 (SIX) international members have expressed interest via the process mentioned at this link.

just an idea in a helpful effort to resolve the international shipping issue - a 350 knife order should have a little sway

I understand and appreciate the thought. And I would love to just ship them. The problem is that everyone feels like if they can get other dealers to ship to them; then I should as well. If they are declaring all fish/wildlife/wood components and paying the $95 inspection fee on every box; they are dealing with FWS straight up. This is generally not the case. If any dealer tells you this is not correct - we can just set up a test. This is not a rule I have dreamed up on my own - this is a policy born from a 20 minute conversation with a FWS Officer explaining to me that I could be fined 5 figures if prosecuted for sending one stag knife undeclared thru customs. (I had counsel confirm this) And that number would be much higher for the big boys.

I have spoken at length with more than one Maniago maker. Their issue is that if they are not already set up to sell direct to the public; they have to sell to a VAT number. Or, possibly, I could send an agent directly to the factory to handle shipment to me ;). They do not need this type of trouble either.

Thus, I understand my situation. I am fairly aware of the factory's situation. I am still looking for simple solutions; but at the worst I can have some helpful individual send the knives. Someone who doesn't have their livelihood at risk. And to your recommendation; I am still trying to find a solution that doesn't require two trips across the Atlantic. Thus, if any of the European members has a VAT number and wouldn't mind shipping packages; let me know. Otherwise, so far I have seen requests from a total of 2 (TWO) member not in North America; and one has said minus a solution on my end - he could use an existing solution.

I'll send in an e-mail about my International shipping needs very soon. It would've been nice if Viper could ship direct to other European countries but since they don't it's out. Still think I can get a Forum member to take delivery for me in the USA and send it on. Something will get it resolved :thumbsup:

I'll send in an e-mail about my International shipping needs very soon. It would've been nice if Viper could ship direct to other European countries but since they don't it's out. Still think I can get a Forum member to take delivery for me in the USA and send it on. Something will get it resolved :thumbsup:
Something will work out, Will.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
We have made progress on finding solutions. But the solution will depend on the number of folks needing it - and right now there is limited.

Last edited:
Whaaaat? Do you mean the PIA (Porch Intelligence Agency) doesnt have an operative in Italy to oversee our Mediterranean assets?
So let me get this straight...err....for all the Australian knuckleheads...ahem ahem...me.
If I was to purchase from a US dealer or from the manufacturer...I would be wrapped in red tape redder than Stalins pet Irish Setter "Mr Red".
BUT....IF ..I purchased one as a gift for someone who resides in The USA...and it was sent to said person all legal and above board....right....And say said person didnt want it....ok...they could then forward it to me ..regifting....as a gift with the words "small camping tool" written on the packet....and NOT ..."BEWARE RAMS HORN HANDLED KNIFE WEAPON!!!" in big red letters.....it should be ok ?
All I need is a willing accompl...helper.;):thumbsup::):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back