Attention BF2020 Knife Count

I will commit to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whaaaat? Do you mean the PIA (Porch Intelligence Agency) doesnt have an operative in Italy to oversee our Mediterranean assets?
So let me get this straight...err....for all the Australian knuckleheads...ahem ahem...me.
If I was to purchase from a US dealer or from the manufacturer...I would be wrapped in red tape redder than Stalins pet Irish Setter "Mr Red".
BUT....IF ..I purchased one as a gift for someone who resides in The USA...and it was sent to said person all legal and above board....right....And say said person didnt want it....ok...they could then forward it to me ..regifting....as a gift with the words "small camping tool" written on the packet....and NOT ..."BEWARE RAMS HORN HANDLED KNIFE WEAPON!!!" in big red letters.....it should be ok ?
All I need is a willing accompl...helper.;):thumbsup::):)

That sounds like a conversation I had with the factory.... "So, if some guy shows up and the gate and utters a secret password; could he walk away with a box of knives?"

meako meako
CITES violations are no less illegal for individuals than for businesses; but there are likely more individuals willing to take the risk (especially if they don't understand the risk and consequences)... kinda like your emphasis that you want something you're buying listed as a gift to avoid the extra costs at your end.

Agreed hhmoore hhmoore .I understand CITES and why we need such regulation. Is our rams horn which Im assuming is from farmed beasts ?..under the CITES umbrella...?doubtful.
It appears to me that even the people who run the regulatory body and those who run the postal services are somewhat confused by the thick layers of rules imposed on each other. I doubt ramshorn is any different to cattlebone in terms of importation into Australia in terms of the processes it has been subject to at the knife factory....The benchmark for my argument is Mammoth Ivory...I have had 2 such knives sent here ..nowdays however...dealers will not ship Mammoth ...the word Ivory sets the alarm bells off despite the creature having been extinct for thousands of years....Anyway I hope commonsense prevails (that statement alone could be viewed as inflammatory and anti government...maybe Im just jealous because I dont have a job opening knife boxes at 95usd a pop.)

BUT....IF ..I purchased one as a gift for someone who resides in The USA...and it was sent to said person all legal and above board....right....And say said person didnt want it....ok...they could then forward it to me ..regifting....as a gift with the words "small camping tool" written on the packet....and NOT ..."BEWARE RAMS HORN HANDLED KNIFE WEAPON!!!" in big red letters.....it should be ok ?
All I need is a willing accompl...helper.;):thumbsup::):)
If you lived in New Zealand you could be part of exactly such an “alleged” scenario.
Always accompl.......help my friends :)

What if you just happen to have a severed sheep's head lying around? You can prove it's your own personal sheep. Can you ship it to the manufacturer and have knives made from it?

Purely hypothetical, of course. You know how things can happen sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back