Attention BF2020 Knife Count

I will commit to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,
if you end up short, I can pick up a second one - just let me know when you need it ordered.

Scanning through the list, I am sure that a LOT of those folks just didn't realize this would be going live so soon, and would need to be paid up in less than a week. Though I paid promptly, I certainly didn't realize it myself, and had I not paid when I did, this would have been the first time I would have had the opportunity with such a crazy, busy week.

We'll get there, of that I'm sure. Heck, I'll go in for a 3rd if needed.

ETA - knifeswapper knifeswapper is there any way Viper could wait until Monday for the count? Having the weekend for folks to touch base would likely help out quite a lot.

Scanning through the list, I am sure that a LOT of those folks just didn't realize this would be going live so soon, and would need to be paid up in less than a week. Though I paid promptly, I certainly didn't realize it myself, and had I not paid when I did, this would have been the first time I would have had the opportunity with such a crazy, busy week.

We'll get there, of that I'm sure. Heck, I'll go in for a 3rd if needed.

ETA - knifeswapper knifeswapper is there any way Viper could wait until Monday for the count? Having the weekend for folks to touch base would likely help out quite a lot.

I don't mind if people want to contact me and say "Hey, I'm in and will pay ...". The current issue, much like last year is that I can't tell the difference between people needing to round up a little green; people that just haven't seen the thread yet; and people that have silently opted out.

Viper is shutting down tomorrow for two weeks of "holidays". They must have the slabs ordered before they leave to guarantee delivery by the end of the year. This is also holding up a contract I have for general production swaybacks which was already in late November delivery.

So, I will take the orders we have today and add a few to it for the final order. Just don't want someone to show up in 10 days and say "what happened?".

I don't mind if people want to contact me and say "Hey, I'm in and will pay ...". The current issue, much like last year is that I can't tell the difference between people needing to round up a little green; people that just haven't seen the thread yet; and people that have silently opted out.

Viper is shutting down tomorrow for two weeks of "holidays". They must have the slabs ordered before they leave to guarantee delivery by the end of the year. This is also holding up a contract I have for general production swaybacks which was already in late November delivery.

So, I will take the orders we have today and add a few to it for the final order. Just don't want someone to show up in 10 days and say "what happened?".
Dang, that's a rock and a hard place. Sorry to hear that. I'd bet we could meet the minimum 300, but totally understand your position when it's money out of your own pocket on the line.

Geez, it's only $120. Anyone who struggles to raise that has no business buying fancy knives. They should waste the money on food, clothing, and shelter instead. Save it for car repairs, surprise expenses, surgeries, it's gonna be something. Nine months of living expenses in the rainy day fund first. Then buy toys. If you have to borrow $100 from the rainy day fund, you can pay yourself back next week, you don't have to be OCD, but you don't have to be stupid, either.

Why not keep your opinions on folks' personal finances to yourself? It certainly has no place in this thread. Reported.

I think I will stick to not telling people how to spend their money, and leave it up to Mike and Spark what to do with any extras.

I don't see any mention of when payment would be due in the commitment thread, maybe I missed it.
Closing that thread and going dark for over a week, then opening the payment thread on Monday with a Thursday payment deadline seems pretty risky to me without prepping everybody well ahead of time.

I don't see any mention of when payment would be due in the commitment thread, maybe I missed it.
Closing that thread and going dark for over a week, then opening the payment thread on Monday with a Thursday payment deadline seems pretty risky to me without prepping everybody well ahead of time.

It doesn't matter what you do really. If you wait 4 months to ask for money - that doesn't work. If you give a week for money - that doesn't work.
But, we knew decisions would be rushed and kept everyone completely apprised of the situation.

Money is/was not due today. Although I must admit I figured the number of people that didn't have it today but would have it after the weekend would be minimal. There are already many people that had things come up just over the last few days and can't swing it - that is fine. I don't have any problem with folks that wanted one but could not do it - the world is a bit different now than in normal times.

I have solved the problem. Orders are in with Viper and there are many more BF2020 knives available. At the last possible moment, whatever is not picked up will be converted to amboyna burl and I will sell them on my website. Problem solved. Take as long as you like to pay - we will post the cutoff date later. But quantities are now limited to what was ordered; but I added plenty for those folks that only check BF every month or so.

knifeswapper knifeswapper
Would you post Friday morning how many knives short we are from the number to which you committed? As has been posted, a number of us are willing to throw in for extra to both make this happen & relieve you of some of the burden/hassle... this would give those tagged 24 hrs to submit their orders, and let those willing know how big the remaining gap is.

knifeswapper knifeswapper
Would you post Friday morning how many knives short we are from the number to which you committed? As has been posted, a number of us are willing to throw in for extra to both make this happen & relieve you of some of the burden/hassle... this would give those tagged 24 hrs to submit their orders, and let those willing know how big the remaining gap is.

Maybe not as soon as Friday as the problem has now been resolved; but there will probably be capacity for anyone to pick up another later - but picking up one solely to help is appreciated but not needed. But as of today, I have ordered 350 and there are 270 picked up. The USD to cover the full order has also been escrowed in EUR at $1.185. We can wait until much later to offer any extras. In the meantime we have several members that are waiting for payday or to hear from their cousin Ralph whether he wants one or not. So, there is no need to rush anything else at this point.

Maybe not as soon as Friday as the problem has now been resolved; but there will probably be capacity for anyone to pick up another later - but picking up one solely to help is appreciated but not needed. But as of today, I have ordered 350 and there are 270 picked up. The USD to cover the full order has also been escrowed in EUR at $1.185. We can wait until much later to offer any extras. In the meantime we have several members that are waiting for payday or to hear from their cousin Ralph whether he wants one or not. So, there is no need to rush anything else at this point.

If there are any unclaimed I would be happy to cover one.

Sorry this process is a stressful one, Mike. I appreciate how much work you put into it!

At the last possible moment, whatever is not picked up will be converted to amboyna burl and I will sell them on my website.

Edited to say: Sorry, I see in the other thread that unsold horn will be converted to burl, but with the standard etch rather than the BF annual knife etch. Sorry to bother you, Mike!

By chance does this mean there might be a 2020 BF knife or two with wood covers rather than horn covers available down the line? And if so, is there any possibility I can specifically order one of those?

I don't buy horn but would love a 2020 knife to join my other stainless BF annual knives. If it's not meant to be then no worries, but when you mentioned burl in this context I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't at least ask. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back