Attention BF2020 Knife Count

I will commit to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry this process is a stressful one, Mike. I appreciate how much work you put into it!

Edited to say: Sorry, I see in the other thread that unsold horn will be converted to burl, but with the standard etch rather than the BF annual knife etch. Sorry to bother you, Mike!

By chance does this mean there might be a 2020 BF knife or two with wood covers rather than horn covers available down the line? And if so, is there any possibility I can specifically order one of those?

I don't buy horn but would love a 2020 knife to join my other stainless BF annual knives. If it's not meant to be then no worries, but when you mentioned burl in this context I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't at least ask. :)
I think I may see a burl handled Viper in my future....;)

I see a possible new problem...
People not ordering their Rams Horn and waiting for the Burlwood. :p

I don't mind if people want to contact me and say "Hey, I'm in and will pay ...". The current issue, much like last year is that I can't tell the difference between people needing to round up a little green; people that just haven't seen the thread yet; and people that have silently opted out.

Viper is shutting down tomorrow for two weeks of "holidays". They must have the slabs ordered before they leave to guarantee delivery by the end of the year. This is also holding up a contract I have for general production swaybacks which was already in late November delivery.

So, I will take the orders we have today and add a few to it for the final order. Just don't want someone to show up in 10 days and say "what happened?".

I was in the group who "hadn't seen the thread" until it had been live for a couple of days. I'm glad you worked out a solution.

I'm Out ! I got too many GEC pre-order knives to scarf up right now. I don't think I'll be happy with the rams horn scales.

I have solved the problem. Orders are in with Viper and there are many more BF2020 knives available. At the last possible moment, whatever is not picked up will be converted to amboyna burl and I will sell them on my website. Problem solved. Take as long as you like to pay - we will post the cutoff date later. But quantities are now limited to what was ordered; but I added plenty for those folks that only check BF every month or so.

You have gone way above and beyond in your efforts here. Just want to say THANK YOU, and have you know that it is appreciated now, and in the future, you sir, are a true gentleman, and an exceptional cat herder.

Are you saying you committed to one, but are out, now that it's time to order? Or, you're out on the potential burl wood CK edition?
I think he just felt a need to be part of the process. No harm done

The way I read it those won't end up with the etch or anything making it a BF knife
They'll have the Collector Knives etch & be sold on his site.

I really hope the bladeforums etch is small & subtly placed - along the lines of previous years' tang stamp

knifeswapper knifeswapper I had previously stated I’d take 2 knives, and that was before my truck went out of commission last week and cost me a crap load of money Monday when I picked it up. Unfortunately, I won’t be buying these knives and feel bad about accounting for 2 of the lost numbers.

I think he just felt a need to be part of the process. No harm done

Yeah, let's give him a participation award and a hug. No reason a commitment should mean anything. There should be a blacklist in the future for those who backed out. It wasn't a list of people who'd like one, or who might buy one if they could, or who wanted to be part of the fun. It was a promise to buy. No one would have lost an opportunity to buy one by not committing. What they did do was make Mike stick his neck way out and that's wrong. I'm glad Mike figured out a work around. I'm upset that he had to. Crap like that is going to make him question whether he's ever going to volunteer for a forum knife again. Nice job, guys.

Yeah, let's give him a participation award and a hug. No reason a commitment should mean anything. There should be a blacklist in the future for those who backed out. It wasn't a list of people who'd like one, or who might buy one if they could, or who wanted to be part of the fun. It was a promise to buy. No one would have lost an opportunity to buy one by not committing. What they did do was make Mike stick his neck way out and that's wrong. I'm glad Mike figured out a work around. I'm upset that he had to. Crap like that is going to make him question whether he's ever going to volunteer for a forum knife again. Nice job, guys.
Did you see him tagged as one of the members that committed, but hadn't yet placed an order? I looked before I made my post, and didn't see him listed (though it's possible that I missed it, there were many names). If he didn't commit before the poll closed, what was the point of a harsh post?

Did you see him tagged as one of the members that committed, but hadn't yet placed an order? I looked before I made my post, and didn't see him listed (though it's possible that I missed it, there were many names). If he didn't commit before the poll closed, what was the point of a harsh post?

No, he was not on the original count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back