Attention BF2020 Knife Count

I will commit to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see him tagged as one of the members that committed, but hadn't yet placed an order? I looked before I made my post, and didn't see him listed (though it's possible that I missed it, there were many names). If he didn't commit before the poll closed, what was the point of a harsh post?

No I didn't. If he didn't, I apologize. I'll instead redirect the harshness to those who committed and didn't keep their word. Yeah, a few had disaster strike, but there are a lot of people on that list who are AWOL. It stinks.

Greatly appreciate your patience and your willingness to organize this, Mr. Latham. I sincerely hope you tacked on a few bucks per knife so you at least get a little something for all the time and effort you’re putting in!

No I didn't. If he didn't, I apologize. I'll instead redirect the harshness to those who committed and didn't keep their word. Yeah, a few had disaster strike, but there are a lot of people on that list who are AWOL. It stinks.

Or, you could keep your "harshness" to yourself. This isn't the venue for it, and it's not really your place to be directing it at anyone. I might have missed where Mike or one of the mods asked you to be the judge of others situations in regards to the forum knife ordering. Maybe GB&U would be a better place to vent your frustrations.

Ok.... it was 105 degrees on the ride home from work today.... I was hot and a little out of sorts. My Harley must not be top of the line... it didn't come with AC.... I'm not now... "cold beer and a cigar"....:thumbsup:

My question was out of curiosity which knife he was "out" on. We had just been talking about a Viper in amboyna burl when he posted. He made it sound as if he was "out" of the Forum Knife, which he had previously said he wanted. I was just curious.
It's not my business why he opted out, that's between him and Mike.

For the record, I think if a person posts "I'll take x number of them" in the "commitment" thread, and the buyer makes a deal with the manufacturer based on that count, then those that "committed" to them should, well, take them. But, again, that is not my job, to enforce doing what someone says they will do. I'm glad Mike found a way to make it happen, and I'm still up for claiming a few more, if needed. I have friends that would love a gift of one of these.

I know that stuff happens to prevent following through... heck, it could have happened to me just as easily.

I agree we should honor our commitments but sometimes we let the excitement get the best of us and sometimes life throws us a curve. If my bride hadn't made this my anniversary present I was seriously thinking of backing out. I probably would've sold something to make it happen but that wasn't a positive. As has been said, I'm glad Mike worked it out.

Ok.... it was 105 degrees on the ride home from work today.... I was hot and a little out of sorts. My Harley must not be top of the line... it didn't come with AC.... I'm not now... "cold beer and a cigar"....:thumbsup:

My question was out of curiosity which knife he was "out" on. We had just been talking about a Viper in amboyna burl when he posted. He made it sound as if he was "out" of the Forum Knife, which he had previously said he wanted. I was just curious.
It's not my business why he opted out, that's between him and Mike.

For the record, I think if a person posts "I'll take x number of them" in the "commitment" thread, and the buyer makes a deal with the manufacturer based on that count, then those that "committed" to them should, well, take them. But, again, that is not my job, to enforce doing what someone says they will do. I'm glad Mike found a way to make it happen, and I'm still up for claiming a few more, if needed. I have friends that would love a gift of one of these.

I know that stuff happens to prevent following through... heck, it could have happened to me just as easily.
You might want to scroll back a bit - Mike confirmed that he hadn't "committed" to a forum knife (which I'd already checked, hence my earlier post)
Also, if you go back and read, he specifically referenced the ram horn (hence the forum knife)

You might want to scroll back a bit - Mike confirmed that he hadn't "committed" to a forum knife (which I'd already checked, hence my earlier post)
Also, if you go back and read, he specifically referenced the ram horn (hence the forum knife)

Well, now that you've "straightened me out", how bout you go back in this thread to post #341.... then let's just give it a rest, ok amigo? This is not worth getting feathers ruffled over.... that's why I waited to reply in the first place.

Yeah, I'm just wondering if it's just "too much" to even deal with a forum knife in the future. I hope not, but I can see how one would not want the responsibility of carrying on the task. Having said that, I hope we continue to have one next year, and the years after.

It doesn't matter what you do really. If you wait 4 months to ask for money - that doesn't work. If you give a week for money - that doesn't work.
But, we knew decisions would be rushed and kept everyone completely apprised of the situation.

Money is/was not due today. Although I must admit I figured the number of people that didn't have it today but would have it after the weekend would be minimal. There are already many people that had things come up just over the last few days and can't swing it - that is fine. I don't have any problem with folks that wanted one but could not do it - the world is a bit different now than in normal times.

I have solved the problem. Orders are in with Viper and there are many more BF2020 knives available. At the last possible moment, whatever is not picked up will be converted to amboyna burl and I will sell them on my website. Problem solved. Take as long as you like to pay - we will post the cutoff date later. But quantities are now limited to what was ordered; but I added plenty for those folks that only check BF every month or so.
Mike, I greatly appreciate all the effort you’ve put into this. What a massive feat! Thank you for doing this for the forum! :)

I will commit to two in amboyna burl also. I can pay now if it will help. Just let me know. :thumbsup:

Well, now that you've "straightened me out", how bout you go back in this thread to post #341.... then let's just give it a rest, ok amigo? This is not worth getting feathers ruffled over.... that's why I waited to reply in the first place.

It is confusing. He said "in" but if you click on the poll you will not find his name in the list. Don't know... But, you are right, not worth any more discussion.
You say what I feel very frequently. But I have decided (when I take time to think) that I don't know what goes on in others mind or life - so don't sweat the small stuff.

OK, final tag for those that I don't show completed or communicated otherwise. Just don't want you to miss the process as we are down close. My apologies if you have already picked it up and I missed you. But no need to get back with me as I am about to close the books.

<List Removed>
<Books Closed>

Last edited:
I do want to say something just to clarify my position on this thread as opposed to a real commitment. We all get involved in things where you have a friend that says he would like to have first crack at something you have if it goes for sale; or some similar circumstances. As the friend, they have a genuine interest. But everything is so open-ended you know they are not signing in blood. As the person with the resource, you know that your friend is a "soft yes" at best, and have no problem with that. But the worst feeling in the world is to sell something and then your friend say "what the hell".

So, I am not tagging these folks to guilt them. I am not tagging these folks because I counted the poll as any real commitment. I am tagging these folks so I don't get a chewing in a couple weeks that nobody told them the sales were occurring. It would make me sick if someone missed because they were out of pocket for a couple days. Same thing for tagging those that said they would want 2 and only picked up 1. My assumption is that they want 2 but didn't want to step on any toes. But it leaves me in one of those "damned if you do; damned if you don't" situations. But, I am lazy enough that I am not interested in PM's; and then there are other complications with that.

We are close enough now that it is a success and everything is great. So my sincere apologies if you said "2" in the poll and could only pick up 1 at the time; and were tagged previously. Also, my apologies if you were tagged and felt as if it was a "calling out". Not at all. Many of the people on this list are long term customers and good friends. I have done reservations long enough to know that some people need to bow out and others are waiting to pick up the slack. This process has gone so quickly out of necessity that I just don't want any interested party to miss out.

Finally, I am not aggravated thus I don't see any reason for others to be aggravated. So I am keeping this thread locked so that we don't have any discord between members. After a couple days I will remove the tags as there is no reason to keep them here permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back