• Swinguard Spear 4"

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Gunstock Clip 3 1/2"

Votes: 64 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do viper do thinner grinds than lionsteel? A knife like that deserves to zip right through stuff like a razor, the whole 'look' of it screams sharp :)

Do viper do thinner grinds than lionsteel? A knife like that deserves to zip right through stuff like a razor, the whole 'look' of it screams sharp :)

The first Roundhead run ever produced (spear in 2017) was @22/1000th's bte. All subsequent sfo runs from lionSteel have been sub-20. I am not really interested in going thinner than that for longevity.

If this amboyna burl is available that would look GREAT.
Zw7SAM.jpg

I don't have a caliper to measure but by my uncalibrated eye, their edge geometry and the grind is very good...much better than my lionsteel barlows.

It's an excellent slicer.

Since this will be a knife essentially propelled by the "traditional folder and fixed" blade group, I hope that a traditional handle material prevails!:rolleyes: Besides, you can change them pretty easily if you really want to!!:D
Lets hear it for Stag, Bone or Wood!!;)
"Carbon fiber" leaves me cold!!:p

I haven’t had a swayback in a long time. Guess this is a great opportunity to get one. I didn’t vote in the poll, I wanted to let the first one go by for some reason lol.

I agree Charlie, if the knife is already going to have a few modern touches, I’d like it to have a natural handle material.

Haven't gotten horn from Viper yet - it is genuinely a PITA in normal inventory.
Is it because horn shrinks? I have had only two horn knives early in my collecting days, both times the horn shrunk. I swore never again.

I'd say at least 20% of my horn knives have had an issue!! Unless it is "tip" material or very well seasoned it is not worth the trouble!!

My very first pocket knife while I was still in elementary school was some orange mix acrylic Scout type knife. That would be 50 years ago approximately.

I think some unique kirinite would be very interesting. No worries about mixed dye lots, unmatched horn or stag or any environmental issues with getting the knife shipped through borders.

That said I am sure I will be happy with the final product no matter the collective choice.

,,,Mike in Canada

lionSteel is only one of the factories represented in the choice. Viper and Fox are the other. We already have the Sowbelly in stock.
Ah I see, I'm still learning ;) for some reason I was thinking Lionsteel was the parent company and that the others was different lines of the same factory. Kinda along the lines of GEC and Farm&Field. I will have to order one of those sowbellys sooner or later,like many my work is a bit hit and miss so I'm trying to budget my knife buying ( key word is "trying" lol) Thanks again for the willingness to take all this on,even if for now its all preliminary :thumbsup:

I really like the way the poll was managed. It was nice that you couldn’t change your vote.

I would be happy with wood or bone. I think stag might prove too expensive for what Mike is trying to do for us.

This will be the first forum knife I purchase. I’m kicking myself for not getting last year’s knife but oh well.

Honestly, this knife and chatting here with you guys and maybe gals gives me a break from the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back