• Swinguard Spear 4"

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Gunstock Clip 3 1/2"

Votes: 64 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for taking this on, Mike. I’m glad to see that something might still happen this year. I think the wharncliffe swayback looks great. If we go with rams horn it would be cool to get one with a colored liner so you get some of the color through the scale like horsewright has done on some of his knives. That’s probably not an option and probably adds quite a bit to the expense, but still cool.

I voted for the swing guard. Your design you posted on Facebook looked incredible.

I'm 0% surprised that a barlow is the front runner. I just think it'd be cool to do something different.

I say this with tongue-in-cheek but I'm irritated that you compelled me to get on Facebook and look for that particular post... Gave up that place for the most part.

I will let Mike share his design here if he wishes but I'll just say the swing guard concept is... Interesting. I'm not sure it's my cup of tea but I'd certainly be interested in seeing what the end result ends up being.

knifeswapper knifeswapper I am interested to know what options there are in terms of blade marking or stamp. I recall an issue with harder steels and tang stamps, which may prevent one from being applied?

First, I just want to echo everyone else's sentiments and say thank you Mike. It's no small feat to make these forum knives happen and I can't imagine the headache involved. I really didn't think there was much of a chance of the 2020 knife happening this year, so this thread was a wonderful surprise to wake up to. :)

I voted for the Swayback Wharncliffe and the Barlow, although I would much prefer the Swayback. I think a nice natural wood or jigged bone would be fantastic.

Mike: thanks for offering to take on the forum knife. I will be in no matter which way the vote goes. my vote is either a sow belly or a barlow spearpoint. the Ramshorn is a nice cover

I am imagining a half sunk dinghy crowded with a desperate remnant crew , half starved and bereft of all hope when out of the sea mist a foghorn blasts .The ragged dehydrated sailors can barely open their eyes and shade them with sunburnt hands from the brilliant searchlight shining from the bridge of the luxury James Bond Villian type yacht that wallows lazily alongside the splintered, halfsunk lifeboat....its torn makeshift sail flapping hopelessly
An heroic voice calls out through a megaphone asking if they need assistance...the sun breaks the clouds as a line is thrown attached to one if those lifesaver shaped life savers... the name of the undauntable vessel emblazoned on it.. ....MV KnifeSwapper.

Okay, that swing guard is very interesting.
It's a love it or hate it knife, which I kind of find to be alluring.
Definitely would make the 2020 Forum Knife a lot different and I think I like that.
Too bad I already voted before seeing the mock-up.

Okay, that swing guard is very interesting.
It's a love it or hate it knife, which I kind of find to be alluring.
Definitely would make the 2020 Forum Knife a lot different and I think I like that.
Too bad I already voted before seeing the mock-up.
One thing I like about not being able to change our vote is that people will not be able to play games with the polls, changing their votes at the last second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back