• Swinguard Spear 4"

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Gunstock Clip 3 1/2"

Votes: 64 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I like about not being able to change our vote is that people will not be able to play games with the polls, changing their votes at the last second.

That was annoying, but I will say, I think there was also a legitimate, non-game-playing purpose to being able to change your vote. Let’s say the poll in this thread was actually going to decide which knife we were going to get, and you were only allowed to vote for one option. My top choice is the Bolus, so I vote for that. Well, a couple days into it, it’s pretty obvious that’s not going to happen; it only has 20-some votes compared to 90+ for the Barlow and Swayback. I don’t see anything wrong in that instance with changing my vote to whichever I prefer out of the two that could actually win.

I find it interesting that my favourite and least favourite options are tied for the lead. :oops::p:cool:

That was every poll for me last year… and I lost most of ‘em. :D

It's fun watching the Barlow and Swayback run neck-and-neck as time marches on. It'll be interesting to see which one shakes out on top.

I think if this thing moves forward, there will have to be (or at least should be) a vote off between the top choices. Since we were allowed two votes, there could be a good number of people who voted for both the Barlow and the Swayback.

I am truly hoping the Swayback comes from this, but one not listed the Onat Spear Jack in Rams Horn is a sweet knife (and most like the Bolus) I will try to get a picture or two posted up here when I get back home Thursday. I would have picked it as my second option but since it was not an option I went with the Barlow.

I am truly hoping the Swayback comes from this, but one not listed the Onat Spear Jack in Rams Horn is a sweet knife (and most like the Bolus) I will try to get a picture or two posted up here when I get back home Thursday. I would have picked it as my second option but since it was not an option I went with the Barlow.

Otnat = Bolus Spear

Otnat = Bolus Spear

That makes sense! ... I thought maybe there was more of a difference since it had a different name. So I would still have picked the Swayback #1 ... but probably would have voted Bolus/Onat with a spear blade as my #2 choice over the Barlow.

Thanks Mike.

i kinda dig that swing guard drawing. I would actually like that over a barlow, but I think the swayback is still my favorite option so far. :thumbsup:

Are there any swing guards that look similar to the drawing? Specifically the way the guard fits neatly with the handle?
Some traditional Italian stilettos
Like the swayback also :thumbsup:

you can only vote once ...but you could have voted for 2 options at the time you voted. I think several only voted for their first choice.
Would have voted for the swayback twice if allowed :)

Another barlow would be so boring.

I tend to agree, but the LS Barlow is really well finished and a different interpretation .

However, there would then be a battle over which blade...and Clip & Sheepfoot have featured nearly all the time with Forum Knives. Plus, there's already been TWO Barlow Forum Knives. Enough.

Whereas, no Swayback Forum Knife so far and no single Wharncliffe either. The choice is clear :D

I have a feeling that an overwhelming majority selected the Barlow as their runner-up choice. I hypothesize that if the Swayback and Barlow were to face off head to head, the Barlow would be decimated.

Whatever the choice ends up being, I am very excited for this and hope it happens. In for one no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back