• Ram Horn

Votes: 85 44.0%
  • Giraffe Bone

Votes: 34 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my vote to Ram’s horn this go around.

I love the variation or character in it.

I could make a horrible pun about the 3 choices, but am refraining.
OTOH, I did vote and still plan on ordering one.

Three great choices. Purely a matter of personal preference.

Amboyna is beautiful, but, to my eye, it is just too fancy for this particular knife. It seems better suited to a fancy gentlemen's knife.

To me, giraffe is great. However, I have tremendous respect for the wonderful Porch denizens who have expressed their personal feelings about this material. Since Mike has indicated he will probably use the second and third choices in a regular run, I cannot vote for giraffe. Why would we do that to our friends?

That leaves Ram's Horn. We have come so close to using this in the past. I hope this is the year.

Last edited:
I went with rams horn this time around.

This is going to be a blowout if all the wood voters from the last poll vote for the only wood left in the race. So it helps when some of us to switch from our previous votes

I went with rams horn this time around.

This is going to be a blowout if all the wood voters from the last poll vote for the only wood left in the race. So it helps when some of us to switch from our previous votes
Only if you don't want wood.

Voted.... either way this goes, I'm still in. As has been stated several times, ANY of these covers will be amazing. I DO like the idea of not voting for the bone, so that all members are comfortable with the choice.

I switched to Rams horn as well... If it had been another type of wood I probably would have stayed in that camp, but after seeing some of the examples offered up by some of you guys it won me over. I love a wharnecliffe pattern, I had missed the option to vote for 2 frames, and had gone with a Barlow thinking after having a straight edged knife last year then a clip would carry the day. Again super excited about this, thanks knifeswapper knifeswapper !

Something to get excited about! Thanks for the distraction from reality, Mike!
All 3 choices would make a fine forum knife.
I'm in for at least 2, no matter the winner.:thumbsup:

Looks like a lot of folks had a non-Amboyna wood as their first choice and ram horn as their second choice in the previous poll.

Thanks again for doing this, Mike, and for keeping the ball rolling so briskly and efficiently. All three options will look great. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back