BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

All I can say is Very Nice..! Really happy with this one, great job done by everyone.

qfSd05t.jpg

o76PTvj.jpg

The knives have a super very nice action, though the covers on my pair are not much to look at. The fit of the dark pile side cover is particularly poor. I may make or buy some replacement covers. Great job on the 2020 forum knife, and thank you to Mike and Viper.

CD4F049A-0184-45A8-A0A8-7B87B4D8B7C4.jpeg 94F928FD-DA63-4A38-AAE8-3BEA54AD4771.jpeg

Mine came in today along with a mammoth IRJ. After handling both the northwoods went back in the slip and in a drawer and the viper hasn’t left my hands. This is a really cool piece, I have some Italian heritage so that makes it a little cooler to me. what’s the deal with rams horn? Makes for some great variation but I don’t seem to see it used much.

Much variation yes and it's been used for a very long time by European knife-makers to great effect. I think the Viper demonstrates that. As for what I think is hysteria about carpet beetles and insects devouring horn, largely exaggerated, most beetle infestation took place while the horns were still on the beast or as the horns were stored. Houses have been free of this type of predation for a very long time due to vacuum cleaners, and higher levels of cleanliness. Even here in 'primitive' Europe :D:rolleyes:

Mine arrived today. There's a nice contrast between the two of them, I'm quite pleased! I like how Viper was able to maintain the "crust" on most the horn instead of buffing it smooth. An all around solid knife, and a big win for the 2020 BladeForums forum knife. Thanks Mike for all your hard work to make this happen!

BF2020-1.jpg
BF2020-2.jpg

I need to get hold of some decent lanyard material :cool: not much good at that kind of thing though:eek: somebody needs to start marketing them ;)

What a fantastic pair ! Does that top knife have a name ? What do you think about the M390 ?
That’s a Lionsteel otnat bolus from CK. The steel is great. Both are great knives! :)

Very nice!

I'm going to make a confession. :oops: Your blond and textured scales were what I was hoping for, and when I unwrapped my "striped unicorn" I was slightly disappointed. I'd never seen horn like it, and it looked a little...artificial. o_O

After chicken eyeing it in the light of day, it's definitely grown on me. :D I sure hope no one gets tired of seeing photos, because I'm fascinated by the subtle shifts in appearance from differing light and angles. I think it's a keeper!
NWwp0lR.jpg

XgSJncz.jpg
That almost doesn't look like the same knife as your first pictures! Neat!

Back