BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

My BF knife showed up! And it's sweet! Love the horn on it. Great action. Can't wait to get it to use. What a great knife. Thanks again Mike and everyone else involved in this knife.
fFB4R7n.jpg

Z6xARoE.jpg

Mine came in today and I’m very pleased with it. I’ve never had a custom knife, but this is what I think a custom would be like. The knife is great and I really like my covers. The pile side on mine reminds me of mammoth bark.
GJwPDvM.jpg

lSbP4gH.jpg

I think we chose well this year. Thanks for putting this together, Mike.

My BF knife showed up! And it's sweet! Love the horn on it. Great action. Can't wait to get it to use. What a great knife. Thanks again Mike and everyone else involved in this knife.
fFB4R7n.jpg

Z6xARoE.jpg
Big fan of the darker and marbled horn, yours look great.

Maybe I’ve missed this... but can someone indulge me. What species of ram does this horn originate from???

Surely someone out there is nerdy like me and wants to know the specific scientific name and exact variety of animal these covers came from.

Last edited:
Big fan of the darker and marbled horn, yours look great.
I really wasn't sure what cover styles I liked best from the pictures I was seeing. When I cracked the box and saw this one I was excited. The covers are great. Man Viper knocked it outta the park.

Last edited:
fFB4R7n.jpg

Z6xARoE.jpg
WOW.... that one has some great character... these are my first "rough" horn... I have a 62 in horn, but it's smooth and translucent... this stuff is just great. I somehow pictured it being much rougher, and ripply... mine just have a hint of ripple in them... just enough to provide an excellent grip. Yours looks amazing.

Not much of a concern as these are designed for disassembly. Just an extra step in the process.

I don't know about that Rick @Railsplitter . I remember back when Mike knifeswapper knifeswapper started dabbling with these torx screw modern type knives, he said to be darned careful if trying to disassemble one of them as they don't necessarily go back together as easy as you might think.:eek: If someone does go down that path, they better have a good supply of different sized tiny, itsy bitsy, screws on hand.:rolleyes:

Another Blonde in the House!
Love it ! Has nice character and personality even being a blonde lol. Centered blade with beautiful action and the perfect pull I’d say a high 5 or a low 6 she’s a snappy one . This blade is razor sharp to ! No gaps at the bolsters or liner. Beautiful fit and finish and even had a CK slip laying around. Had to throw a lanyard on which I like Anyway but makes it easier to snatch from slip.Unfortunately I only had some used older leather laying around but it’ll do until I pick up some more. Anyway Big thanks to Mike for sending me this keeper and very glad it’s not one that fell off your desk by mistake into the box :D
Also Thank you to Blade forums and all involved. Absolutely love it and it will be enjoyed and used :thumbsup:
How many of these were made Mike just curious?
SIMgNoO.jpg

YSlZl9I.jpg

BoE8hwt.jpg

Really liking the etching to !
wUw1cr8.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is...strange.
2zLssCL.jpg

nvg3LZO.jpg
Very cool pattern, Rachel! Love the grain and coloring. :thumbsup:
Mine’s dark. I like it! :thumbsup:

QFD6bt9.jpg
Love the dark ones! A great example you got, Barrett!
Wonderful!
I notice the curve of the grain is matched to the curve of the handle. (and it seems like all the examples so far do the same and are well matched) That's nice attention to aesthetic detail on Viper's part. :thumbsup:
Your spot on there, Rachel! Love the contours and texture!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Mike & Viper for making these happen!

20201114_150331_resized-jpg.1455099
Love the darkness! It really is my favorite!:thumbsup:
Thanks Mike! Thanks BladeForums! :D

50601719758_0a888f2414_o_d.jpg

Once again knifeswapper knifeswapper pulled through. Thanks for your time. This is the reason I buy from you.

YXgZuRc.jpg

And grateful as all get-out for Mike, and his willingness to step up and ramrod (no pun intended) this through...

0JL02Rq.jpg
Some fantastic yin-yang going on with the blonde and dark!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Kudos to Mike and BF for another forum knife.

rh1-jpg.1455501

MFfvWgX.jpg

This one arrived yesterday. Nice dark horn on mine, it looks almost like buffalo horn. Couldn’t be happier, thanks Mike!

Finally found time to snap a couple of pics, love mine:thumbsup::)
m02dr5.jpg

es1Vor.jpg

Again, love the dark ones. But any of them are keepers!:thumbsup:
Nice Ron!

I'm super happy with these covers.
Well figured with some color contrast... super cool. :cool::thumbsup:
Nice, John! I had doubts I would like these, but once in hand, I love it!:cool::thumbsup:
This was my first anniversary present from my wife. She got a diamond ring. I got the best of the deal!View attachment 1456152
:D:thumbsup:
Just don't make her angry after you give it to her!
Rest of my pics! These ALL are amazing pieces!!! :cool: :D

img_6162-jpg.1456177
Great pair, Jared, two great examples on opposite ends of the coloring.:thumbsup:
It's great to see all the variations. I'm very pleased with mine. Thanks again Mike.
aA9ZsCx.jpg

View attachment 1456209
Mine arrived safe and sound, very elegant... Almost a mocha-ish color to it. Excellent knife knifeswapper knifeswapper !
Fantastic covers!
KbWOC6Y.jpg

Well I got home, went to the mailbox, got the awaited for box, opened it up and was
Wow, great pattern and coloring!:thumbsup:
1fe5cd7c-4d87-43d4-a9ca-e139311fa568-jpeg.1456511

I can only keep one. Should I keep the dark one or the light one? What do y’all think?
Very nice. Leslie!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mine is gorgeous and I am blown away. Easily the most spectacular knife I own. Pics tomorrow, I hope.
Much thanks to Mike who produced a spectacular knife out of seemingly nowhere. Must have studied magic at one point in his career.

knifeswapper knifeswapper I do have on question. The frame and bolsters seem light despite their apparent thickness, titanium? or just the light weight of the horn? I've gone back through the description threads, and if they describe it, I didn't see it.

Mine is gorgeous and I am blown away. Easily the most spectacular knife I own. Pics tomorrow, I hope.
Much thanks to Mike who produced a spectacular knife out of seemingly nowhere. Must have studied magic at one point in his career.

knifeswapper knifeswapper I do have on question. The frame and bolsters seem light despite their apparent thickness, titanium? or just the light weight of the horn? I've gone back through the description threads, and if they describe it, I didn't see it.

I think all the other Viper slippies (like the sowbelly) have titanium bolsters/liners.

Back