BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

I thought that looked familiar. :D

I've got mine hooked up to a PC with a set of Edifier r1280t 2.0 speakers... Probably overkill, but man does gaming sound GOOD!

sOYpYOa.jpg

TheFactor TheFactor

Bro...
SRV——>LL Cool J——>Tool——>Miles Davis——>a bunch of knives.

sounds like a good evening to me.

I just received my knives here in the Netherlands! I guess there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said already, but I am really pleased with them. Great color and texture on both and excellent fit and finish. The darker one has a little bit stiffer pull than the blond, maybe a 6 versus a 5. Now, I just have to decide which one to keep, as the other is a gift for a good friend (unless he doesn't like it, in which case I won't have to choose).

Thanks to knifeswapper knifeswapper for all of his time and trouble getting the BF2020 arranged and produced and to @spudz762 for taking on the duty of European Shipping Coordinator!

A couple of (poor) photos I managed to squeeze in with the dying embers of daylight.

bf2020_mark.JPG

bf2020_pile.JPG

I just received my knives here in the Netherlands! I guess there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said already, but I am really pleased with them. Great color and texture on both and excellent fit and finish. The darker one has a little bit stiffer pull than the blond, maybe a 6 versus a 5. Now, I just have to decide which one to keep, as the other is a gift for a good friend (unless he doesn't like it, in which case I won't have to choose).

Thanks to knifeswapper knifeswapper for all of his time and trouble getting the BF2020 arranged and produced and to @spudz762 for taking on the duty of European Shipping Coordinator!

A couple of (poor) photos I managed to squeeze in with the dying embers of daylight.

View attachment 1459355

View attachment 1459356
Both beauties on their own.

Certainly an interesting link and Levine wrote well then but it needs to be looked at in perspective.

Mostly it refers to horn in storage and that's when infestation is most likely to occur, horn stacked up, membrane still adhering etc. Responsible knife makers would use some pesticides in these situations as a preventative. It also relates to museum pieces which are very old or ancient, notably furniture or vehicles as conduits of infestation. In the home, if you have wall to wall carpets of natural fibre, you've warm damp spots, you don't clean much then the larvae could gain hold :eek: at the same time storing horn handled knives in cloth in dark damp areas MIGHT attract larvae attack if your house is already infested. Lately, people have rugs or floor materials in synthetics and this is far less attractive to these pests. Here in Scandiland, people still regularly take their mats/rugs outside and give them a good thrashing or spanking ;) that should help :D

Finally, if you use the knife a lot it's excellently protected, but storing in dark/humid places COULD invite larvae attack, especially if you home resembles a hoarder's zone (I suppose many knife addicts could be in that scenario ;)) Well, a home invasion of zombies or anything could happen:rolleyes:

For me, my knife was used every couple of weeks and stored in a cigar box on the third floor bedroom that’s heated but no AC. It had about a 1/4” damage.

A flower based pesticide can be made from chrysanthemums which naturally contain the class of insecticide known as permethrins.

Well, it took 8 days including 6 with no scans :eek: but it finally got here. USPS seems to be having problems as nearly everything has been late by 3-4x.

Super pleased with this! After seeing all the pictures for days I was not sure if I wanted light or dark or a mix. I'm not really a traditional guy and natural covers aren't my cup of tea but this is absolutely perfect in my eyes. Love that blade too! Thank you knifeswapper knifeswapper for all your work on this. I'm impressed with the shrink wrap packaging as well! Will for sure be buying more from you!

7uwRiQ0h.jpg

qzlNDqCh.jpg

Back